Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2831

1       2       3              2831      
       2833              4305       4306       end

pburke
Total Posts: 2123

asiostygius wrote:
Peter, not much to add here, since I have the 600/5.6 ais, not the f/4 version. Anyway, I just suggest you to consider the TC14E, filling off a small metal tab allows this TC to work flawlessly with any long MF lens. I suppose optics are slightly better than the TC14B.

Jose,

good to know, although the 14E is quite a bit more expensive, but in the big picture it's the big lens that is expensive, not the converters.

Full MF thread disclosure: I am also looking at AF versions of the 600, but only those of about 10-12 years ago. The new VR stuff is just stupid expensive.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1093

Here's one from my favorite pier while having some fun with a 1.8 ND filter on a 28mm 2.8.

georgms
Total Posts: 3455

Oh Jeff, that's really fantastic! The photographer looks a bit "foggy", though ;-)

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2974

Foggy14 wrote:
Here's one from my favorite pier while having some fun with a 1.8 ND filter on a 28mm 2.8.

I think this is my favorite shot of yours. Very nice!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13167

I understand how you'd consider this a favorite setting for shooting Jeff. The structure lends itself perfectly for the work you've done, including your latest. You definitely want to consider this image for a forthecoming FM "Assignment." For the right topic this will win hands down. It is a mesmerizing image. Definitely makes me think its time to buy a tripod...

CGrindahl

I'm not an early riser but I've taken morning walks recently and guess what? The morning sun is quite delicious... I guess I always knew that since my friend George keeps asking if we can head out at 6 a.m. I haven't said yes yet.

This was shot today at around 8 a.m. at the end of my walk... with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd. One of these days I'll try a different lens...

saph
Total Posts: 2343

Jeff, just awesome location, great concept, and so well executed!

Georg, that second statue image is terrific. Including the outline of the competing photographer.

Bill, welcome, very nice images of the little ones.

Lieutenant, the sign on the rusting wall is nice. Is the cafe still open or is the sign historic?

Mark, nice "catch" I am not sure the guy on the right is disapproving, he maybe just curious. The balcony locks and the castle/river shots are super.

Rafael, neat photos of the 8 2.8 fisheye. That's a front heavy chunk of glass.

And another delightful flower Curtis!

saph
Total Posts: 2343

An early image from the 105 2.5P. About a 1964 production as per the serial #. Its in excellent shape, the focus ring, the aperture stops just glide and click really smooth, no other way to describe it.

Trying to get an idea of the character wide open, 1/1600 sec, only post processing done was a quick sharpen and reducing to fit on the browser page.

mp356
Total Posts: 4331

Jeff, I like your pier image very much. Nice use of a time exposure. Thank you for the comment.

Jose, thanks for the comment. I am liking the bokeh from that lens.

Georg, love the second fountain shot. The quality of the light is wonderful.

Philippe, the cafe sign is very nice. Lovely rich colors.

Curtis, another wonderful image with the 200.

Samy, I like the bokeh from the 105.

Foggy14

Georg, Kevin, Curtis, Samy and Scott, thanks much for your comments.

Curtis, good suggestion. I'll keep an eye out for a future assignment where something like this might fit the theme. On tripods, I've been using a series 2 Gitzo for a couple of years and really like it. It provides a nice sturdy base for long exposure and macro work without being too heavy for hikes.

Georg, you're right about the "foggy" photographer, but those ghosts will never hold still.

Foggy14

Curtis, beautiful rose. I really like the perspective and bokeh.

Samy, I'd say the character of your 105 wide open is pretty darn nice!

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

Ronny, love the second shot here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2827#11523439

Chuong, beautiful capture of the tulip shape! (actually, is that a tulip?)

Thanks (Ray, Georg, Peter, Jose) for the words on the Azalea shots. My mind wanders back and forth on liking and not liking them....

Rafael, wow on the 8mm. We saw some pics from that recently didn't we?

Georg, the statue photo is another Georg classic! I like the way you've captures the sparkle in the water, and creating your own background with the woman.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

Some spring color, not terribly exciting but I liked the textures and colors. 105 f2.5 AIS. This lens keeps growing on me. Probably helps that I find focusing with this lens fairly easy.

mp356
Total Posts: 4331

For anyone with a current NMFAS itch, a Nikon 800mm 5.6 ais just came up on the b/s board...................

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Here's one shot with the 300mm 4.5 EDIF 1/500 F5.6

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7749

Nice work everyone. I've got about 17 days of free time now, and hope to catch up on my shooting now. Took both the math and chemistry finals today, and the chemistry final was graded quickly and results posted. I guess my brain isn't as rusty as I thought it was... I got a 90 on it! My average for the class is 88.9, so close to an A I can smell it... My psych class average is 89.65, even closer to that elusive A...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Way to go Laura. We knew you could do it!!!!

pburke
Total Posts: 2123

Finally had some time to get back to the images from my recent trip.

Alabama Hills, CA - John Wayne's ghost roams among these eroded rocks

20mm f3.5 @f/16 1/60s ISO 100 on D600, tripod, polarizer

same place with the 105mm f2.5 @f5.6 1/500s ISO 100, two frame DOF stacked

5 frame pano stitch with the 105mm, again, same place, different direction (to the Inyo Mountains, Alabama Hills in the foreground), all frames f5.6 1/25s ISO100, polarizer, handheld

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2974

pburke wrote:
Finally had some time to get back to the images from my recent trip.

Alabama Hills, CA - John Wayne's ghost roams among these eroded rocks

20mm f3.5 @f/16 1/60s ISO 100 on D600, tripod, polarizer

same place with the 105mm f2.5 @f5.6 1/500s ISO 100, two frame DOF stacked

5 frame pano stitch with the 105mm, again, same place, different direction (to the Inyo Mountains, Alabama Hills in the foreground), all frames f5.6 1/25s ISO100, polarizer, handheld

Very nice my friend, very nice indeed.

CGrindahl

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Nice work everyone. I've got about 17 days of free time now, and hope to catch up on my shooting now. Took both the math and chemistry finals today, and the chemistry final was graded quickly and results posted. I guess my brain isn't as rusty as I thought it was... I got a 90 on it! My average for the class is 88.9, so close to an A I can smell it... My psych class average is 89.65, even closer to that elusive A...

Congratulations Laura. We exercise our minds the same way we exercise our bodies, building capacity as we gradually extend ourselves. No doubt with results this good the first time around, you'll have a rewarding experience as you go more deeply into your studies. Well done! Enjoy your time off... come play with us...

1       2       3              2831      
       2833              4305       4306       end