Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2826

1       2       3              2826      
       2828              3804       3805       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2459

A little bokeh playing at macro range with "Nikki's daughter" wide open + 52.5mm tube:

Bokeh playing with Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + PN-11 tube + 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd; wide open at 1/250s, ISO 200.
No crop, slight pass of smart sharpen (amount 50, 0.5px).

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2835

nice one Jose!

leighton w
Total Posts: 8581

Lieutenant Z wrote:
nice one Jose!

+1 !

Lieutenant Z

From L'Isle sur la Sorgue, Luberon, the paradise for antiques and works art enthousiasts
85 HC

Lieutenant Z

pburke
Total Posts: 1634

you sure like the black levels high up - me too Digital cameras generally are too bright overall, especially in the shadows where we used to expect things to go solid black on E6. Really works well with this subject.

pburke
Total Posts: 1634

another 20mm f3.5 from Mananar worth posting

f22 1/40s ISO 100 on D600

Foggy14
Total Posts: 904

MDoc9523 wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:
Thanks guys. Yes the eye surgery went well and I'm looking forward to having the exercise restrictions lifted so I can get back to some photo hiking.

Glad to hear that - does that mean "Foggy" is a thing of the past?

+1 right on!

Thanks guys, but I think I'll keep the moniker. It kinda matches my shooting "style."

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11926

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Leighton, I'd love to jump over the big pond for a visit of your fine country, but that's just not possible in the near future.
Maybe Curtis can help you out on the beer-front (Mihai, if memory serves there was a MF-Nikkor-meeting in Florida some time ago, beer was involved, Curtis too ;-).

Yes Mihai, Curtis is a connoisseur of fine beer!

Go away for a few hours of house hunting in the Sierra Nevada mountain foothills and return to hear my name being thrown about in a conversation of beer, wine and brandy. I must be in the right place!

And yes, it is true, Ray, Reagan and I stumbled on a very fine pub in Boynton Beach, if I recall correctly and enjoyed some excellent beer. But as comments suggest, I'm an equal opportunity drinker. The only requirement I have is that it must be good. That doesn't necessarily mean expensive, as I've found of late as I explored a bit of bourbon and rye whiskey. I love single malt Scotch whisky, but the price of admission is a bit steep. I'm looking for some free beer made by Leighton's son in law... On the porch...

CGrindahl

From the baseball game... a fan with a chair of her own.

Wide open with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd.

georgms
Total Posts: 3038

Chris, welcome from another side of the pond too! Great picture to start with here! Love the framing and your B&W-conversion.

Ray, thank you for your comment! Will try other lenses for sunbursts/sunstars soon. The 28/2-bokeh is wild indeed, but that's fine for me ;-) I love lenses with character...

Jeff, thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like the simple shot from the garden, shooting this kind of stuff makes me happy somehow ;-)

Jose, your bokeh-play with "Nikki's daughter" is delicious. Will give my copy of this classic Nikkor some workout soon.
Thanks for your comments - the sunburst was really just an experiment too see if I could get this effect with a longer lens.
Sometimes I have doubts about using effects like sunstars, fisheye-lenses and so on - it feels a bit like working with cheap tricks.

Philippe, the 85HC's narrow angle-of-view works great on the cramped antique-shops. Love your almost 3-dimensional images, especially the "fish" and the "pharao".

Curtis, good luck for the house-hunt - maybe you can spot some photogenic subjects while on the search. The "fan in her own chair" is a fine lonesomeness-illustration.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7177

Thanks everyone, made it through today, getting my research paper back with not just an A, but 100% was definitely a boost to the morale, and doing my best test ever in Psychology was pretty good, too. Thursday will be the Math and Chemistry finals, Chemistry being the ultimate test for this semester... then off for two weeks till summer session starts up.

CGrindahl

Outstanding set of photos Laura, but the real applause has to be for your excellent work in school.

Yes, it is gratifying to discover that the brain cells still know how to click into place when called upon. It is a wonderful antidote for dementia... use it or lose it I guess.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1016

A little less excited looking through LR than I was looking through the viewfinder this morning, lighting is a little harsher than I thought through the viewfinder ... but here's my contribution to the flower posts. Suggestions on framing and PP welcome. Taken with either the 200 f4 AI micro (EXIF shows 180mm) or the 200 f4 AI with 5T diopter (EXIF shows 200mm).

These older MF glass continues to impress with IQ and handling. I also shot with an AF micro and the older lenses hold up their end pretty well with this type of shooting.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1016

Jose, your bokeh play on the flower close up is the kind of flower shot I hope to be able to do someday when I grow up :-) Excellent!

Congrats Laura on the great result at school. Nice pics from the museum too!

Phillipe, the L'Isle sur la Sorgue series is another enjoyable posting from you. Super job on the captures and PP.

mp356
Total Posts: 3957

Great images everyone!

Philippe, I like the antique shopping series. They have a wonderful richness that is your unique style.

Jose, nice flower micro.

Chris, welcome aboard. I like your Portland Headlight image very much. Beautiful part of the country.

Laura, congrats on the exam. Nice series too!

Thank you to Ray, Georg, Leighton, Philippe, Ray (OH), and Jeff for the comments on the farmhouse image. Like some of you suggested, I struggled with the composition, especially the tree. I appreciate the feedback.

Took a walk today with a new to me 50 1.4 SC (Yes Curtis, it has a knurled focus ring, my first thanks to Reagan).

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4594

Jose this one is awsome!

Scott love the bokeh!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4594

I tried some night photography using the D600 24mm 2.8. This one is shot at F16 for 30 secs, iso100

saph
Total Posts: 2065

Head and neck portrait of a goose.

400 5.6 ED AIS + TC16A = 640mm fl.

saph
Total Posts: 2065

Ray (FL), very nice use of the little 24 2.8, the reflections, the moon behind the clouds, and the lightstar in the center of the picture all contribute to a pleasing nightscape. And that ibis image is super.

Jeff, great to hear you are recovered and back in business!

Scott, the bright red tulips in front of the gray stone wall and metal gate is terrific. With the museum and half tree image, try taking that at an angle, you would get a more side view of the building and get the tree closer to it. That light on it was perfect.

Ray (OH), Azalea 3 is the best of the lot, haven't seen a whole lot with the 200 f4 micro, nice examples there.

Laura, I have been enjoying your air museum photos on the A2A forum too. Must be a good feeling to be done and successful with exams for now. I am sitting in a training class this week, the instructor offers an exam for an extra certification at the end of it, I am glad that's voluntary

Curtis, your new 200 F4 Q has been put very nicely to work. That last image of the woman in the wheelchair looking through the fence at the bokehed figures in the distance is terrific.

And Curtis, my suggestion for a cap slogan is "I have a scalloped aperture ring!"

Peter (WI), very nice scenics from your trip, including the memorial. I am glad John and you will do the hiking on the steep slopes and I will enjoy the scenery from my couch

Lieutenant, great work again with Nikki's twin. I agree with Georg, the fish and the pharaoh with the sweet bokeh in both are the best.

Jose, exquisite image with Nikki's daughter of that flower!

Georg, that old, fairly scratched 50 1.4S did quite a job on that flower. The smooth and long focus throw on these old lenses is perfect for this kind of macro, extension tube work. And also, loved that 180mm sunstar! And wow, just came across the pianist!

Ronny, beautiful flowers with the 180 and 135 f2.

John, superb pano of the mountains in the distance.

Rafael, you too! I guess the new trend is the 200 non AI

Leighton, that spring onion image is delightful!

Kevin, very nice sun on the sax in that photo.

Mark, yes, you are going to find really good scenery subjects too with that 24.

Chuong, very nice flower with the 300 4.5 + extension tube.

Samy

1       2       3              2826      
       2828              3804       3805       end