Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2823

1       2       3              2823      
       2825              3810       3811       end

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Wow. It doesn't pay to look away for an instant. 12 pages later I can only say the amazing work that gets posted here only seems to get better and better. I wish I could give every photo the credit it deserves but there's too many!
I will only make one comment:
John, Peter (USA), I hope you guys make a climb together, I can't wait to see the shots from that trip. It'll be amazing the two of you bouncing ideas off each other.

P.S. Curtis, thanks for your mail, received and it looks great - sorry I haven't had a moment to reply but when my wife is back later this week then I will have a spare few minutes!

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Getting used to the 24mm, so far I seem to have trouble focussing it, but that could be my eyes. But I did get one shot I felt half-way worthy, of my favorite subject. I like the colour and out of focus rendition of this lens. Can't wait to try it out with a bit more time and not a fast moving subject!

huddy
Total Posts: 1818

georgms wrote:
Huddy, nice to hear/read from you! Lenses with a special rendering like the 50/1.2, the 24/2 and others have for sure a place in portraiture (in my opinion).
But sometimes AF or more recent optics are handy too (my favorite portraiture-lens right now is the 28/1.8G - thanks for your recommendation over at the 28mm- or AF-S-lenses love film-thread).

The 28 AFS is a very handy lens, especially now that I find it difficult to focus WA lenses on an SLR. It's so much easier on a rangefinder! I've used it to great effect for some environmental portraits in my sessions. Those aren't shown here of course

leighton w wrote:
Alan - Good to see you again, I can't believe you're selling the "little gem"!

Ah, but for me the, 50/1.2 is the favored gem.

georgms
Total Posts: 3046

huddy wrote:
georgms wrote:
Huddy, nice to hear/read from you! Lenses with a special rendering like the 50/1.2, the 24/2 and others have for sure a place in portraiture (in my opinion).
But sometimes AF or more recent optics are handy too (my favorite portraiture-lens right now is the 28/1.8G - thanks for your recommendation over at the 28mm- or AF-S-lenses love film-thread).

The 28 AFS is a very handy lens, especially now that I find it difficult to focus WA lenses on an SLR. It's so much easier on a rangefinder! I've used it to great effect for some environmental portraits in my sessions. Those aren't shown here of course

leighton w wrote:

Alan, sorry, I've called you "huddy" above. Your last post here was a too long time ago ;-)

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2393

I had trouble with focusing WA also. So I went back old school, used the range markings on the lens and focused accordingly. Keeper rate has gone up, unfortunately apertures have gotten smaller...

huddy
Total Posts: 1818

georgms wrote:
huddy wrote:
georgms wrote:

leighton w wrote:

Alan, sorry, I've called you "huddy" above. Your last post here was a too long time ago ;-)

No harm Georg; I've been called much worse by those who do know me! It has been too long and my limited shooting time has been dominated by Leica's and Pentax 6x7's.

georgms

A little bokeh-drama fresh from the garden:

28/2 Ai wide open on a D700

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

Georg - First glance without reading, I thought it was from the 24mm f2.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8593

That's got some wild bokeh Georg!

georgms

raboof wrote:
Georg - First glance without reading, I thought it was from the 24mm f2.

Close, but no cigar Out of focus highlights in the corners are even more triangular-shaped with the 24/2. Fun-lenses - I love the old fast MF-Nikkor's.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8593

Hey Georg, I just noticed something, it's in color!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4602

Here's a couple of flower shots along with a bird offering I used the 300mm 4.5 EDIF on them all, however the flower shots I added a 36mm Vivitar tube

georgms

leighton w wrote:
Hey Georg, I just noticed something, it's in color!

Ouch, how could this happen Thanks for the hint, mate ;-)

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4602

Beautiful Georg but I too like the color

mp356
Total Posts: 3961

Nice images everyone.

Leighton, I like the green onions and salad spinner. That spinner is certainly industrial sized compared to the one in our kitchen! Glad you liked the barn shot. I did think of you when I took it.

Ray, nice glass marble image. The reflections within it are very neat.

Jeff, I like the "boat" sculpture. I trust your eye surgery went well. I hope your recovery is speedy.

Ray (OH), thanks for the comment on the skunk cabbage. It was the only color in that part of the woods. Everything else still was winter gray.

Georg, I really like the yellow bokeh drama. I prefer the color version although the b&w is very nice as well. Thanks for the comment on the weathervane image.

Scott

mp356

A local farm that has been made into a nature museum. Taken at sunrise. Not sure if I like the angle of light and the amount of tree that I put in the frame. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais at f8. C&C welcome.
Scott

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

I like how you frame it Scott. It's very well balanced. Nice lighting too

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11939

MarkdV wrote:
Wow. It doesn't pay to look away for an instant. 12 pages later I can only say the amazing work that gets posted here only seems to get better and better. I wish I could give every photo the credit it deserves but there's too many!
John, Peter (USA), I hope you guys make a climb together, I can't wait to see the shots from that trip. It'll be amazing the two of you bouncing ideas off each other.

P.S. Curtis, thanks for your mail, received and it looks great - sorry I haven't had a moment to reply but when my wife is back later this week then I will have a spare few minutes!

Glad it arrived safely. If we go forward with something along the lines of what I wrote, I'll give you a second draft that has the correct sequence for lens movement in Europe. I'd forgotten a change made by Philippe, Mihai and Don. You're the man who controls the timing of all of this so whatever works for you will work for the rest of us.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2393

CGrindahl wrote:
MarkdV wrote:

Glad it arrived safely. If we go forward with something along the lines of what I wrote, I'll give you a second draft that has the correct sequence for lens movement in Europe. I'd forgotten a change made by Philippe, Mihai and Don. You're the man who controls the timing of all of this so whatever works for you will work for the rest of us.

Whatcha guys brewing up?? Inquiring minds want to know.

mp356

raboof wrote:
I like how you frame it Scott. It's very well balanced. Nice lighting too

Thank you Chuong.

1       2       3              2823      
       2825              3810       3811       end