Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2816

1       2       3              2816      
       2818              5889       5890       end

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
As you can see Barbara's doing all the work on the farm. The farm supply company we buy a lot of stuff from is having a photo contest to showcase their equipment. So I'm entering these two and maybe a few more after I work them.

I would vote for the first one, but I think it would work be a lot more appealing if she was facing you. A pretty women will always help you win

puppies and babies even more so

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

CGrindahl wrote:
Silver Efex Pro 2 is definitely a useful tool for converting color to black and white. The treatment options are quite daunting, however, since so much control is available. Here is a shot I took this morning of a California live oak on a hillside near where I live. This was shot with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd... a beautiful little lens.

[fme]

very nice Curtis - interesting effects.

Georg - well done with the 50 f2 - I was enjoying the 45PCE shots - I'm very tempted by that lens - but I'm saving up for the zeiss 55 f1.4.

Scott - beautiful rustic series.

ben

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Luc, welcome! I like your first posts a lot, please keep your fine pictures coming (some heavy metal from the Netherlands is very welcome to counterbalance the flower-shots ;-).

Leighton, great framing of the first shot and smart use of the 24/2.8 wide open and up close on #2.
I would try to refine shot #1 by placing a clearly recognizable products of the supplier more prominently in the foreground (it shouldn't look massive, but it should catch the viewers/jury-members eyes).
On #2 I would shoot a bit more from the left side (the greenhouse almost filling the frame), with Barbara cranking the winder from the right side (her left hand at the grip). The shallow DoF works great.
On both shots I would keep your wife's face visible (if she agrees).
Best of luck and please take the words above not as a gospel ;-)
Thanks for your comment on the garden-shots!

Chris, I like your framing on the snail-house-shot!

Ronny, shot #1 is wonderful taken and processed too!

Peter from Madison, love the "heavy-metal-set".

David, nice to hear/read from you again! I'd love to see some of your LF-work, it would be great if you could share a link to it if possible.
As much as I enjoy my growing MF-Nikkor-kit and the digital stuff I really miss working in a real wet darkroom. Right now I can only develop films and this under fun-killing conditions :-(

Curtis, yeah, a car-trunk will hold a good bit of photo-stuff. My go-to-kit changes every-day, depending on the intended use. But at least one MF-Nikkor is on-board every time.

Ben, thank you! The 45 PC-E is a great lens and a lot of fun to use, but in your hometown with so many sky-scapres the 24 PC-E is probably the better choice. That new Zeiss must be a killer-optic, I hope it will work well for you (this goes for the 135 Apo and the 55 as well).

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

I don't know if it's polite to post this: I plan to bid on two Nikkor's over at the german ebay-site, I just don't wanna start a bidding-battle with my dear fellow NMF-thread-contributors.
It would be nice if any of you who really want's to get these lenses (200/4 Q and 300/4.5 H) could drop me a PM. Out-bidding each other and raising prices is probably not the way to go in this "family";-)
Thanks, Georg.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

I decided to bring my camera to work then came home and saw my daughter making brownie.

85mm f1.4 AIS

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks everyone

Great shot Curtis Scott John Peter Wi and Georg

You have the soft pastel look going on here Ronny, I rather like it.

+1 Ronnie. Very nice.

mp356

leighton w wrote:
As you can see Barbara's doing all the work on the farm.

24mm/f2.8 AI by Leighton W, on Flickr

Somehow I am not surprised at this comment. Nice capture.

mp356

Thank you Georg, Chin, Leighton, Ray, Ronnie, and Ben for the comments. Here is another series from the mountains in western Virginia. Thanks for looking.
Scott

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

pburke wrote:
more color, this time from the 55mm f1.2 S, which is becoming my favorite lens, because you just never know what you're going to get with it. Sometimes it is tack sharp, other times the image has the most interesting "flaws" that give it character, and then there are images that are just junk

Not sure if this is junk, just weird - it seems more in focus in the bottom corners than in the center. No idea what is going on here as I was focusing on the background, trying to blow out the train cars completely

more to come - don't want to burn out your color pixels on this page

Always enjoy your commute captures Peter, the juxtaposition of the modern building and the tagged old rail cars is appealing at all focal lengths.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

lucdeschepper wrote:
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 AI-s

Fan-tastic!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

georgms wrote:
I don't know if it's polite to post this: I plan to bid on two Nikkor's over at the german ebay-site, I just don't wanna start a bidding-battle with my dear fellow NMF-thread-contributors.
It would be nice if any of you who really want's to get these lenses (200/4 Q and 300/4.5 H) could drop me a PM. Out-bidding each other and raising prices is probably not the way to go in this "family";-)
Thanks, Georg.

I appreciate that comment Georg. I often consider the possibility that I'll be bidding against a friend from this thread. In fact, Chuong outbid me to a 35-70 f/3.5 AI-s some time ago. I was lamenting the fact that my bid of $87 was topped and he kindly told me he'd put a maximum bid much higher and I wouldn't have won if I'd increased my maximum bid only marginally.

I don't think too many folks would be bidding on a German language site. Honestly, knowing how badly you folks are hit with taxes when you import something bought in the U.S. I think it only sporting that you have all the European websites for yourself. None of these lenses is so rare that we can't find what we want right here.

By the way, I was looking rather longingly at the 300 f/4.5 H because of its beautiful form. Reviews were not very kind and so i let it go but if you buy one I can get your take on it. I bought the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd only because Jose has great things to say about the lens and I've really been impressed with the lens and its performance. I may feel the same about the 300 H. Hope you get it. Good luck with both auctions. The 200 Q is such a wonderful lens to use... perfect balance. The AI and AI-s versions are too small in my opinion. I appreciate the weight of the older lens.

CGrindahl

We're on the downhill run to 60,000. This thread amazes me! Well done everyone. And welcome Luc. Always good to have more folks from Europe and from the Netherlands for certain. Enjoy yourself. What camera are you using? Inquiring minds...

CGrindahl

I liked both shots Leighton but I think both Ray and Georg gave you some good suggestions. And I hope you told Barbara what Ray said about pretty women since she definitely is one. I have no idea what she's doing with an old codger like you... (Of course, you could say the same about Sue and me... )

philipj
Total Posts: 885

Thanks for the comments on my last photos everyone (umbrella, black/white buildings). Restricting myself to just this current page, Scott, the last two from your set do it for me, great landscapes! The 28 f/2.8 rarely disappoints, and the fisheye shot is a lot of fun.

One from tonight while roaming around after Margot and her mom went to bed, a french/cuban restaurant on buzzing Ossington Av in the western side of downtown Toronto. Wide open with the 105mm f/1.8 AI-s, and the fun part of this image is that I needed some illumination from behind me to get the lettering bright enough, so I waited for a Toronto Transmit Commission bus roll by behind me, and the lights on the side of the bus provided just enough to make the image work for me. The long horizontal line is a reflection of the bus behind me.

DELUX by philipjohnson, on Flickr

CGrindahl

Very nice Philip. That's my kind of shot. You definitely are a fan of fast lenses shot wide open. Right on!

CGrindahl

Scott, I've been loving the photos from your trip to Virginia. It seems you had the perfect holiday with photography and good company, both with your wife and with Leighton and Barbara. Photography enriches our lives in so many ways, not least of which are the beautiful images. Really nice work.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8408

A pano with the 400/5.6 ED AI from last night . . .

D800, 400mm, f/8, ISO 400 1/60 sec

raboof

WOW John. To me, your best pano.

raboof

This one is about a year old. I didn't like it back then so I didn't want to share. 300mm f4.5 AIS

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

Exceptional pictures past couple of days from -

Ronny - beetles and flowers

Samy - that 35 seems to have real shallow dof

Georg - kinderhaken, 50 f2 shots,

Curtis - live oaks

Luc - excellent debut - welcome. I also like your X20 shots.

Leighton - we can see you love work! And can watch it all day

Chris - nice "bulgy" palazzo

Choung - adorable daughter

Philip - very good "window"

Scott - Virginia series

John - panos

Peter B - trains

1       2       3              2816      
       2818              5889       5890       end