Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2807

1       2       3              2807      
       2809              5886       5887       end

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

Some Packards with the 5.8 cm, D3, at 1.4 all. Do not return your cookies, heavy processing. One thing about this lens is that there is much less of that haze/veiling at full aperture you get with most 1.2 or 1.4 nikkors.

nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D3 at 1.4 Packard 6 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D3 at 1.4 Packard 5 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D3 at 1.4 Packard 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D3 at 1.4 Packard 4 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8403

Just an alert on a 16/3.5 AI in E condition -

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20570069.html

No picture or details yet to see if it's an AI or an AI'd or if it comes with the cap, etc.

StonePhotog
Total Posts: 134

Wow, lots of great posts today. This thread moves fast!

Saph, nice exterior shots of The Cloisters. Did you happen to get any of the inside? The castle-like interior is really interesting and would present many nice photo opportunities I would imagine.

Now then, I've only been back in to photography for a few months and am still figuring out how I like to do post-processing, so please be kind. Below are two photos taken with the 180 f2/8 AiS, and one with the 500 f4 p. Hope you enjoy them.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4677

Really like that shot with the 500... That puts it at 750mm on Dx! That's almost as strong as my telescope. Very cool.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Jeff beautiful old cars set, especially last one; nice color and overall rendering
Georg, great b/w street scenes, expressions are nicely captured

Lieutenant Z

the "colonnes de Buren" in the Palais Royal
50 1.8

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Lt: They're all in the right position, nice!

Georg: I'm curious about that too, for beer?

Curtis: Come on now, you could get an AIS version of the 135mm and free up that AI ...

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Stepped back a lil'
Had a difficult time tracking
If only they'd stop moving so much
Don't they understand anything about composition?

that's why birds do it by Zichar, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z

well seen Chin!

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

CGrindahl wrote:
Wish I'd been there to join the conversation Leighton... such fun.

Today I was meeting with friends and arrived a bit early. I noticed the shadows created by the morning sun shining through the staves at the back of the bench and had to grab the camera from the trunk of my car. I mounted the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd. I took three shots, first the bench, then a friend, finally a lotus flower as I was leaving. Always good to have a camera handy. In sequence, f/1.2, f/1.4, f/2.

I love this type of shot and you nailed it. The processing is quite good as well.

leighton w

Ronny - Another great shot of Nitro!

Ben - Alright I guess this will have to do, for now. But when it warms up... And yes, that's my favorite zoom sitting on the table.

Samy - I thought perhaps that the shot of the Cloisters mansion was your house.

Curtis - The fast lens line-up is my dream collection if the 180 was added. I wouldn't need anything else except maybe...

Rafael - Love the car set, especially the second one showing how that lens separates the subject. I also liked how you processed them.

Jay - I don't remember if I welcomed you, but welcome! Love the Finch shot.

Chin - I think I like this one better.

leighton w

georgms wrote:
A few images from a small funfair today, I'm not into street-photography, but talked with some strangers and shot some portraits (sort of):

Great set Georg, but I love this one for a couple of reasons. The statue as one of the subjects, the concerned look of the old man and the smoke coming out of the other guys mouth. You did a good job setting this up.

leighton w

Foggy14 wrote:
An old barn with a hot air balloon drifting by:

Wow Jeff, what perfect timing and composition, love it!

leighton w

I saw this tree downtown yesterday morning and liked how the light was hitting it. Taken with the 50-135mm.

50-135mm/3.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Jay, the place was reserved for an event yesterday, will need to swing by again some day to check out the interior. Beautiful finch with the 500.

Georg, the two in deep conversation and the stained-eye statue keeping an eye on them is very evocative!

Jeff, love the balloon and barn in S. Cal.

Lieutenant, more street photography magic from you!

Chin, nice captures of the bees and the hexagonal cell architecture!

The Cloisters, after some more post processing in PSE. Leighton, if I owned that place, there would be an annual Nikon manual focus (including AF defectors from this thread) conference there

35 1.4N, f8.

Ho1972
Total Posts: 1464

It's car show season again. The Nikon 35mm f2 AI is now paired with a D700. Woot!

designdog
Total Posts: 227

leighton w wrote:
Scott even let me try his 16mm, thanks Scott! Hmmm...

Scott's16mm/3.5 by Leighton W, on Flickr

I think our wives believe we're a bad influence on each other, not to mention the rest of you!

Wait a minute! Is that the market adjacent to the downtown mall in Charlottesville? Go up there all the time! Have lunch at Hamilton's. My wife shops at that French linen place! I take photos of the crowd in the mall!

Wait a minute! I've bought lettuce from you! I would even post my last photos of your Farmer's market, but they were taken with an X Pro1!

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

leighton w wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Scott even let me try his 16mm, thanks Scott! Hmmm...

I think our wives believe we're a bad influence on each other, not to mention the rest of you!

MDoc9523 wrote:
Oh no Leighton now that you have mounted a 16mm 3.5 on your camera, IT will INSIST on having one!!!

I have to admit, it is a pretty sweet lens.

The hook has been set..............

mp356

And do I have a lot of catching up to do! You all have been busy.

saph wrote:
This has to be reposted! Great to see Scott and family, and that explains why we haven't seen anything from upstate NY recently.

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Let me introduce you to thread member mp356 also known as Scott from New York. He and his wife Joanne plus their Scottie Ian were on their way home from a trip down south and decided to swing by the Market to visit. We had a wonderful visit. I think it's exciting when thread members can meet up.

Oh, and Curtis, Scott said he'd drive down to the farm when you come to drink beer on the porch!

FANTASTIC! I love it. I've said before that it has been a delight every time I've met someone whom I've met on a photography website. Unfortunately, at least up until now that has only been three folks from this thread, Ray, Reagan and Zalmy who hasn't been around for quite some time. I met Rinie from my days on TrekEarth and through her met three former TE folks during our trip to Turkey. I hope I have the occasion to meet many more and a beer on your front porch definitely sounds like a wonderful thing. Way to go guys!

mp356

Leighton and I had a great visit yesterday. Besides keeping him from getting any "work" done, we did have the ladies rolling their eyes with all the gear talk.

Here a few quick snaps of the market. All taken with the 28 2.8 AIS.

Chin, we did return home with some of their fine produce. Cannot wait to convert it into dinner tonight.

1       2       3              2807      
       2809              5886       5887       end