Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2807

1       2       3              2807      
2808
       2809              4261       4262       end

mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4303
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
A couple of more photos taken with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd. I like this lens!

Both shot wide open and cropped.




Curtis, you do amazing work with flowers. Well done!



Mishu01
Registered: Nov 20, 2009
Total Posts: 2382
Country: Romania

Great pictures everyone!

Jose, who is the guy on the top of Marc Aurelius Column?

Here are two more pictures from the other night at the local theater. It was a conference with an American professor from Southeastern Theological Seminary: Dr.Bruce Little. Again D600 + 105/2.5 P












This last one I put here with Leighton in mind


pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 2077
Country: United States

all this talk about fast cars recently. Fast is relative. Sunday I saw one of the fastest machines ever made by man

105mm f2.5 @f8 1/13s iso 100 tripod D600









105mm f2.5 @f2.5 1/1250s iso 100 handheld D600








105mm f2.5 @f4 1/500s iso 100 handheld D600







3 image HDR:
20mm f3.5 @f11 - 1/50s 1/13s 1/3s - iso 100, D600 on tripod








seen in Ashland Nebraska, just off I80 at the Strategic Air and Space Museum


MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5101
Country: United States

Here's a flower shot using the 50mm 1.4 K version. I got this lens at garage sale in Ohio for $25.00 and had my friend trim it for me. This one is at 2.8.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 13125
Country: United States

These old lenses do amazing work Ray. Love the bokeh in that flower shot. That lens has the same optics as the S.C. version I recently had converted with a kit. I used it last Sunday and was very pleased. But I didn't get as good a deal as you did my friend. Well done on every level.

I'm rather blown away by this forty year old lens that arrived at my doorstep this afternoon. Everything about it is first rate. Bjorn must have been smoking something when he gave this lens a review of 3. Here is a crop of a red rose shot wide open, f/4, hand held at 1/250th of a second.,, the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd.


It feels as though you could reach out and touch that rose.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 13125
Country: United States

Returning home I took one more photo of the variegated rose rising above a neighbor's hedge. Light shined through an opening in the tree while everything else was in shadows.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4038
Country: South Africa

You're all far too fast for me!!!

Georg - very nice "fenceless" gate!

Mihai - top quality photos as always

James - good to see you. Very nice macro

Mark - enjoy the new lens. Looking good already.

Ray - looks like you really had fun at the circus museum!

Jose - another very good column shot. I like the conversion of the lens. I've done 3 and others should not be discouraged. If I can do it anyone can!

Curtis - nice work with the "new" 200 and the 180.

Peter B - Very nice closeups of the Blackbird

Ray - I'm after one of those 50 1.4's - it'll have to wait til September when I'll be in the US. Lovely bokeh.



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 5988
Country: United States

A quick couple from tonight's sunset. First one from the 400/5.6 ED AI and the second with the 45/2.8P.
More later . . .



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9341
Country: United States

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Curtis' fifth and sixth posts.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 730
Country: Poland

An the second new lens now safely home. Although it isn't AI's yet I can still use it on my camera with a little constraint thanks to using very simple tubes with no Ai linkage. Ok, the limitation is a MF distance of 20cm and a maximum of about 1 meter but it is lovely and sharp!

It's a nice lens in very lovely condition but again no back cap. What is it with these?

Anyway, here's the first samples.



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 730
Country: Poland

pburke wrote:
all this talk about fast cars recently. Fast is relative. Sunday I saw one of the fastest machines ever made by man

105mm f2.5 @f8 1/13s iso 100 tripod D600


105mm f2.5 @f2.5 1/1250s iso 100 handheld D600


105mm f2.5 @f4 1/500s iso 100 handheld D600

3 image HDR:
20mm f3.5 @f11 - 1/50s 1/13s 1/3s - iso 100, D600 on tripod

seen in Ashland Nebraska, just off I80 at the Strategic Air and Space Museum


Some more stunning pics from you, this time of what I assume is a Blackbird?
Some may think that it's fast at about 3,500km/hour if I remember correctly. Not bad but showing everything is relative that's only 10% of the fastest manned vehicle ever built (Apollo Spacecraft).



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 2077
Country: United States

MarkdV wrote:
pburke wrote:
all this talk about fast cars recently. Fast is relative. Sunday I saw one of the fastest machines ever made by man

105mm f2.5 @f8 1/13s iso 100 tripod D600


105mm f2.5 @f2.5 1/1250s iso 100 handheld D600


105mm f2.5 @f4 1/500s iso 100 handheld D600

3 image HDR:
20mm f3.5 @f11 - 1/50s 1/13s 1/3s - iso 100, D600 on tripod

seen in Ashland Nebraska, just off I80 at the Strategic Air and Space Museum


Some more stunning pics from you, this time of what I assume is a Blackbird?
Some may think that it's fast at about 3,500km/hour if I remember correctly. Not bad but showing everything is relative that's only 10% of the fastest manned vehicle ever built (Apollo Spacecraft).


there were some missiles at the museum (nuclear payload type), and some space station components, but those were rather boring, aesthetically speaking. The SR71 on the other hand is one of the most iconic examples of extreme engineering creating a shape that is stunning to look at even half a century later. I was a little boy when this thing captured my imagination. Never thought I'd see one up close.

a few more, since I have so many

20mm f3.5 @f11 1/40s iso 800 handheld








105mm f2.5 @f4 1/400s iso 100 handheld







2 image HDR, tripod, iso 100
20mm f3.5 @f11 1/20s and 1/5s












pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 2077
Country: United States

Finally got me a copy of Photoshop 6 yesterday, so I spent some extra time with fresh photos last night (anyone know where the "post crop vignette" has moved to since CS5 had it in Camera RAW?)

More from the SAC museum, all with the D600 again

This one is right out of Dr. Strangelove, just without the cowboy pilot riding the bomb that used to hang in the belly of B36 "Peacemakers" - this thing was huge, needing two strobes to light up the bay and a boost in iso.

20mm f3.5 @f11 1/200s iso 800, dual remote flash (Yongnuo triggers)







nose cone of a B29, 20mm f3.5 @f3.5 1/20s iso 800 handheld - I really gotta find where post crop vignette has moved in CS6, since this didn't turn out as clean as I hoped for







B29 "Lucky Lady" artwork, 105mm f2.5 handheld again,







engine narcelle of the B29, 20mm f3.5 @f11 1/125s iso 100 single remote flash









kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 2897
Country: United States

pburke wrote:
Finally got me a copy of Photoshop 6 yesterday, so I spent some extra time with fresh photos last night (anyone know where the "post crop vignette" has moved to since CS5 had it in Camera RAW?)

More from the SAC museum, all with the D600 again

This one is right out of Dr. Strangelove, just without the cowboy pilot riding the bomb that used to hang in the belly of B36 "Peacemakers" - this thing was huge, needing two strobes to light up the bay and a boost in iso.

20mm f3.5 @f11 1/200s iso 800, dual remote flash (Yongnuo triggers)







nose cone of a B29, 20mm f3.5 @f3.5 1/20s iso 800 handheld - I really gotta find where post crop vignette has moved in CS6, since this didn't turn out as clean as I hoped for







B29 "Lucky Lady" artwork, 105mm f2.5 handheld again,







engine narcelle of the B29, 20mm f3.5 @f11 1/125s iso 100 single remote flash









Those are awesome! Post-Crop Vignetting is on the Fx tab I believe.


Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4038
Country: South Africa

Peter B - really good images.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4038
Country: South Africa

My latest engineering job - converted to Ai and its predecessor. Each of these images was taken with the other lens wide open.

The "S' lens was a four(4)-group, six(6)-element Gaussian type with an additional weak concave element at the front, for a so-called retrofocus type lens of seven(7)-element construction.

The "H" lens This lens went on the market five(5) years after the Nikkor-S, with a new optical configuration - a four(4)-group six(6)-element orthodox Gaussian type.
With advances in optical design technology, a Gaussian type optical system was now capable of providing adequate back focus for the design of a 50mm lens.

( Source: http://imaging.nikon.com/history/nikkor/2/ )

Both lenses are great to use with the "H" having the edge over the "S" (in my opinion) but its hard to see.

And to think I got both of these plus the 28 2.8 for R300 (about $35) .. amazing luck!



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4038
Country: South Africa

Three more with the "H" 50 f2

I'm amazed by the sharpness!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5101
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
These old lenses do amazing work Ray. Love the bokeh in that flower shot. That lens has the same optics as the S.C. version I recently had converted with a kit. I used it last Sunday and was very pleased. But I didn't get as good a deal as you did my friend. Well done on every level.



Thank you Curtis. These old lenses are indeed amazing. I had one professional who told me that many of his colleagues believe that for portraits these lenses are indeed too sharp
I have been enjoying your flower shots. I have noticed a change in your framing and I really like the new style!
Mihai very sharp and detailed shot.
Peter love the lines!
Peter thank you. My brother and I had a wonderful time.
Mark great DOF in that last photo
Peter amazing luck indeed. Great find. There is nothing like finding a treasure!
The sample photos are superb!



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4303
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
Peter B - really good images.


+1 Peter B. The SR-71 does have very nice lines. The B-29 is very nice as well.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4303
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
Three more with the "H" 50 f2

I'm amazed by the sharpness!


Peter, I like the low spring tide image. Good time to do a bit of hull work on that boat.



1       2       3              2807      
2808
       2809              4261       4262       end