Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2805

1       2       3              2805      
       2807              5891       5892       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

LarryM wrote:
I tried to get involved with this group about 6 months ago but fate had other plans for me. I experienced a bad reaction to a medicine that put me out of commission for a few months.

In the meantime I sorted through my photo files for MF Nikon stuff and found a few.

This is from a Kodachrome slide shot in 1974 with a Nikkormat and 20mm f/3.5 Nikkor.

I hope to be more active in the future.

Larry

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Love this shot, Larry, bummer about the medical issue though. I tried Kodachrome once, and didn't get very good results with it.

LarryM wrote:
I felt sad when they killed off Kodachrome a few years ago. I grew up with that film...all the way back to the original ASA 10. Those memories are making me feel my age. Ugh!

It was the preferred film at National Geographic and the only film that had it's own song.

IMHO Kodachrome 64 followed closely by 25 were the best films ever produced.

leighton w

saph wrote:
Ronny and Chin, nice competition going on! Jose, superb comparison, the Sonnar version is subjectively the best.

A flower with the 13.5cm 3.5, 9-bladed version (+ 57mm extension tube)

Samy, me like, is this the Q version?

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1472

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Jeff. How long does it take you to make all of these comments?

When I slack off, like this week, about an hour or so.

I look forward to grabbing a cup of coffee on Saturday mornings and catching up on posts I've missed. With so much good photography here, this thread could become popular

leighton w

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Samy

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

I keep coming back to look at this one. I LOVE the OOF area with all the color in it..

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2488

leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Samy

I keep coming back to look at this one. I LOVE the OOF area with all the color in it..

+1000 this is just beautiful Samy.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4212

StonePhotog wrote:
Size doesn't worry me as much as performance,

Now where have I heard that before?

leighton w

rafaelcasd wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Samy

Actually Rafael, this is Ronny's image.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2488

deang001 wrote:
bruni wrote:
Curtis - those lenses aren't my fault. I suggested the 55mm f1.2SC- who knew you had no bounds?

The zeiss 135mm arrived - but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Dean - I love the new thread - that is such a great idea - and I'll post as soon as I get my mojo back.

Here's the selfie you requested Leighton

ben

Nice to see you back, Ben.

My suggestion for reacquisition of mojo would be ... 4-5 quick shots of vodka, mount the 55mm and hit the streets

Thinking about it, the way I recharge Mojo is ................ Buy an old lens!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4212

leighton w wrote:
rafaelcasd wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Samy

Actually Rafael, this is Ronny's image.

I'm sure this is his tame dragonfly too!

leighton w

Scott even let me try his 16mm, thanks Scott! Hmmm...

Scott's16mm/3.5 by Leighton W, on Flickr

I think our wives believe we're a bad influence on each other, not to mention the rest of you!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

leighton w wrote:
Let me introduce you to thread member mp356 also known as Scott from New York. He and his wife Joanne plus their Scottie Ian were on their way home from a trip down south and decided to swing by the Market to visit. We had a wonderful visit. I think it's exciting when thread members can meet up.

Oh, and Curtis, Scott said he'd drive down to the farm when you come to drink beer on the porch!

Scott&Joanne by Leighton W, on Flickr

FANTASTIC! I love it. I've said before that it has been a delight every time I've met someone whom I've met on a photography website. Unfortunately, at least up until now that has only been three folks from this thread, Ray, Reagan and Zalmy who hasn't been around for quite some time. I met Rinie from my days on TrekEarth and through her met three former TE folks during our trip to Turkey. I hope I have the occasion to meet many more and a beer on your front porch definitely sounds like a wonderful thing. Way to go guys!

CGrindahl

rafaelcasd wrote:
deang001 wrote:
bruni wrote:
Curtis - those lenses aren't my fault. I suggested the 55mm f1.2SC- who knew you had no bounds?

The zeiss 135mm arrived - but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Dean - I love the new thread - that is such a great idea - and I'll post as soon as I get my mojo back.

Here's the selfie you requested Leighton

ben

Nice to see you back, Ben.

My suggestion for reacquisition of mojo would be ... 4-5 quick shots of vodka, mount the 55mm and hit the streets

Thinking about it, the way I recharge Mojo is ................ Buy an old lens!

That's what I like to hear... You've got the spirit Rafael. This is what the thread is all about after all. And new toys will always get me out shooting. But there Ben is with his PC-E and new Zeiss lens unmotivated. Obviously, he's buying the wrong kind of gear...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

leighton w wrote:

I think our wives believe we're a bad influence on each other, not to mention the rest of you!

Oh no Leighton now that you have mounted a 16mm 3.5 on your camera, IT will INSIST on having one!!!

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:

I see an open camera bag so can imagine what is happening at the moment. And I can imagine your wives rolling their eyes... say "boys and their toys..."

Sue long ago gave up on me when it comes to these lenses. Of course, she's happy that this is my addiction of choice... Hanging out with a bunch of guys and one or two women talking about thirty to forty year camera lenses seems like a pretty harmless pastime. Of course the ongoing encouragement to keep spending money may not sit too well with the person with whom we share our lives. But even here, it COULD BE WORSE... we could join Ben and Monty and buy the high priced spread...

CGrindahl

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Oh no Leighton now that you have mounted a 16mm 3.5 on your camera, IT will INSIST on having one!!!

I think that's the reason Scott has his hand raised. If he spoiled the shot Leighton would not be seduced...

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:

I have to admit, it is a pretty sweet lens.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

CGrindahl wrote:
I see an open camera bag so can imagine what is happening at the moment. And I can imagine your wives rolling their eyes... say "boys and their toys..."

Sue long ago gave up on me when it comes to these lenses. Of course, she's happy that this is my addiction of choice... Hanging out with a bunch of guys and one or two women talking about thirty to forty year camera lenses seems like a pretty harmless pastime. Of course the ongoing encouragement to keep spending money may not sit too well with the person with whom we share our lives. But even here, it COULD BE WORSE... we could join Ben and Monty and buy the high priced spread...

Noticed the bag did you? That one is mine and Scott's is on the ground. Of course we had to check each others gear out. And yes, the girls WERE rolling their eyes. And yes we did try to tell them we could be spending money on worse things.

CGrindahl

Wish I'd been there to join the conversation Leighton... such fun.

Today I was meeting with friends and arrived a bit early. I noticed the shadows created by the morning sun shining through the staves at the back of the bench and had to grab the camera from the trunk of my car. I mounted the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd. I took three shots, first the bench, then a friend, finally a lotus flower as I was leaving. Always good to have a camera handy. In sequence, f/1.2, f/1.4, f/2.

The bee was pure serendipity. I didn't notice it until I opened the image in Lightroom.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5072

Great set curtis

Another from the series of jumps over log

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

CGrindahl wrote:
Wish I'd been there to join the conversation Leighton... such fun.

Today I was meeting with friends and arrived a bit early. I noticed the shadows created by the morning sun shining through the staves at the back of the bench and had to grab the camera from the trunk of my car. I mounted the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd. I took three shots, first the bench, then a friend, finally a lotus flower as I was leaving. Always good to have a camera handy. In sequence, f/1.2, f/1.4, f/2.

Curtis, just a quick note before I try to catch up with all the great posts: this ^ shot is really great, I love the pattern and your processing!

1       2       3              2805      
       2807              5891       5892       end