Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2804

1       2       3              2804      
       2806              5889       5890       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

Congrats!
Me too have interest in this lens, but prices are unfortunatelly a little high.
Keep images coming and, if possible, make a "35mm battle" with the OC f/2

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

deang001 wrote:
bruni wrote:
Curtis - those lenses aren't my fault. I suggested the 55mm f1.2SC- who knew you had no bounds?
The zeiss 135mm arrived - but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.
Dean - I love the new thread - that is such a great idea - and I'll post as soon as I get my mojo back.
Here's the selfie you requested Leighton
ben

Nice to see you back, Ben.
My suggestion for reacquisition of mojo would be ... 4-5 quick shots of vodka, mount the 55mm and hit the streets
[

Lieutenant Z
I agree but forget Vodka and get 1 or 2 bottles of Cognac!

In Southern California this will not work, to hit the streets one needs to drive a car.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

bruni wrote:

ben

Wait ... which one's the selfie?!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

Thanks for the ideas on lens choice. The shoot is at church, not sure if I will be inside or not, nor do I know how many people. I have a feeling it will be outside with nearly noon light. I don't have any reflectors either...

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

Great shot Samy

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Kevin, I think out of your line up, I'd use the 80-200mm toward the 80mm side.

leighton w

bruni wrote:
Curtis - those lenses aren't my fault. I suggested the 55mm f1.2SC- who knew you had no bounds?

The zeiss 135mm arrived - but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Dean - I love the new thread - that is such a great idea - and I'll post as soon as I get my mojo back.

ben

deang001 wrote:
Nice to see you back, Ben.

My suggestion for reacquisition of mojo would be ... 4-5 quick shots of vodka, mount the 55mm and hit the streets

+1

asiostygius

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Samy

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny, more fantastic shots, liked the lost the 1st and last ones.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

I was guessing it was that guy walking by on the 24 PCE shot None of the others have people in them.

Zichar wrote:
bruni wrote:

ben

leighton w

Let me introduce you to thread member mp356 also known as Scott from New York. He and his wife Joanne plus their Scottie Ian were on their way home from a trip down south and decided to swing by the Market to visit. We had a wonderful visit. I think it's exciting when thread members can meet up.

Oh, and Curtis, Scott said he'd drive down to the farm when you come to drink beer on the porch!

Scott&Joanne by Leighton W, on Flickr

Zichar

saph wrote:
I was guessing it was that guy walking by on the 24 PCE shot None of the others have people in them.

Zichar wrote:
bruni wrote:

ben

Heh knowing Ben, it's probably the silhouette in the last, looking up at the hoop after a session with the freelines

Zichar

leighton w wrote:
Let me introduce you to thread member mp356 also known as Scott from New York. He and his wife Joanne plus their Scottie Ian were on their way home from a trip down south and decided to swing by the Market to visit. We had a wonderful visit. I think it's exciting when thread members can meet up.

Yes it is! I now eagerly await Scott's review on the Homestead HIll Farm produce

asiostygius

Continuing the series of "bokeh battle", this time with my 105s.

General scene with the 105 P Sonnar:

105mm-bokeh-battle-setup by labecoaves, on Flickr

General scene for 105mm bokeh battle at short focusing distance (<1.5m).
Tested lenses were Nikkors P 105mm f/2.5 F ai'd (Sonnar), P.C 105mm f/2.5 C ai'd (Gauss) and Micro 105mm f/2.8 ais

All shots were taken with D600 + tripod + remote shutter + tungsten lamp. Focusing through LV at the left eye of the owl.
No PP, straight from the camera NEFs.

All from left to right:
P 105mm f/2.5 F ai'd (Sonnar), P.C 105mm f/2.5 C ai'd (Gauss) and Micro 105mm f/2.8 ais

Wide open:

105mm-bokeh-battle-WIDE-OPEN by labecoaves, on Flickr

At f/2.8:

105mm-bokeh-battle--at-f2.8 by labecoaves, on Flickr

At f/5.6:

105mm-bokeh-battle--at-f5.6 by labecoaves, on Flickr

Zichar

I see your dragonfly Ronny ... and raise you two bees

sister golden hair by Zichar, on Flickr

leighton w

bruni wrote:

ben

Zichar wrote:

saph wrote:

Zichar wrote:
Heh knowing Ben, it's probably the silhouette in the last, looking up at the hoop after a session with the freelines

NOT good enough Ben. If Scott was willing, you certainly could be!

leighton w

Zichar wrote:
I see your dragonfly Ronny ... and raise you two bees

sister golden hair by Zichar, on Flickr

Very cool Chin!

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1471

A lot of great shots this past week!

Dean, wonderful colors in your aviary and dragon boat photos. The soccer "header" shot is terrific.

Ronny, really like the work you're doing with the 135 and tubes.

ratty, love the 50/1.2 shots on film.

Jose, the night sky with the 50/1.2 and the fern epiphyte are first rate. Thanks for the bokeh battles!

Georg, terrific rugby shots. That's one tough sport. I played ice hockey growing up, but passed on rugby; it's too violent. Love the "Flying German," "Arthur's bench," the fountain sculpture and the fine work you're doing with the 45/2.8 PCE.

Samy, wonderful shots from the Reading show. The B-29 image sure has a "period correct" look to it.

Peter, great shots of "FiFi" at Oshkosh. The color version in the clouds looks almost like a Robert Taylor painting. Really like the Porsche "police car."

Rafael, beautiful shots of the little girl and the cottage with the bumble bee colored Citroen in front. I sent you a pm on the Balboa park shootout.

Leighton, "Vet" and your other portraits are really fine. "Splaaat" is a winner!

Philippe, wonderful shots of your daughter and her horse. #2 and #4 are my favorites.

Bert, beautiful flowers!

Mark, love the shots and history from Poland. Great Peacock!

John, terrific Chihuly set and "Twirling Dervish" is outstanding!

Curtis, great work with 135's. The images with the new 135K look very nice.

Alan, wonderful portrait of your son and the hose.

Nima, I like your reverse portrait.

Peter in SA, terrific colors and contrast in your waterfront shots with the 50/2H.

Laura, love the prints and good luck with your shoulder rehab.

Chuong, great wagon shot!

Tomislav, beautiful colors in the Parrot shot.

Ray, terrific Egrets, especially the big blue.

Larry, I really like the old Kodachrome shot and the more recent Anole.

Ron, very nice frogs.

Philip, that b&w of the University building is super.

Eric, beautiful orchids.

Ben, love the street shot with the 24PCE.

Chin, wonderful bees.

leighton w

Thanks Jeff. How long does it take you to make all of these comments?

LarryM
Total Posts: 426

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Love this shot, Larry, bummer about the medical issue though. I tried Kodachrome once, and didn't get very good results with it.

LarryM wrote:
I tried to get involved with this group about 6 months ago but fate had other plans for me. I experienced a bad reaction to a medicine that put me out of commission for a few months.

In the meantime I sorted through my photo files for MF Nikon stuff and found a few.

This is from a Kodachrome slide shot in 1974 with a Nikkormat and 20mm f/3.5 Nikkor.

I hope to be more active in the future.

Larry

I felt sad when they killed off Kodachrome a few years ago. I grew up with that film...all the way back to the original ASA 10. Those memories are making me feel my age. Ugh!

It was the preferred film at National Geographic and the only film that had it's own song.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Ronny and Chin, nice competition going on! Jose, superb comparison, the Sonnar version is subjectively the best.

A flower with the 13.5cm 3.5, 9-bladed version (+ 57mm extension tube)

The Cloisters, a mansion in northern Baltimore, with the 35mm 1.4N at I think f8.

And ran into this car on the way to the Cloisters, quick grab shot with the 13.5cm ( No, I wasn't driving )

1       2       3              2804      
       2806              5889       5890       end