Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2800

1       2       3              2800      
       2802              4264       4265       end

Reagan
Total Posts: 2950

CGrindahl wrote:
I surrender Jose...

I set up a bid for this 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd lens two times, deleting it each time. But in the end you prevailed and my last my last minute bid was just high enough to pick up this beauty that has the Nikon AI conversion kit installed. $75 did not seem too high a price to pay. Yes, it is ridiculous for me to buy another lens, but like Reagan I don't have anything else to do. The difference of course, is when I'm bored I buy a lens and when he's bored he SELLS a lens...

Got a car going next

Great set Peter

Reagan

leighton w
Total Posts: 9354

pburke wrote:
two more, these with the 20mm f3.5

Epic clouds over the same windmills seen two weeks earlier with the 300mm lens above. This was on the return trip, polarizer at full tilt, plus a ND grad filter for the clouds. Maybe I overdid the texture sharpening a little bit

F8 1/500s iso 100 on D600

I really like this one Peter.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9354

Reagan wrote:
Got a car going next

Reagan

Tell me it isn't true. And if it is, how much?

georgms
Total Posts: 3424

pburke wrote:
I'm just starting to organize 1300 new images taken in the last two weeks. Many with MF glass.

This set all 300mm f4.5 EDIF on D600, all somewhere along US6 in Nevada

Peter, wow, amazing work! Basically I like all of your shots (including the fantastic star-sky-shot with the xxx14mm ;-), but the one above stands out for me. It took me a while to "grasp" your picture - you've captured the scenery in a most impressive fashion.

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2384

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Curtis, congrats for your new old glass

Reagan, when Curtis is bored he buys a lens. When you are bored you buy a new car... Wish to follow you!

Nice pictures on the last two pages:

Ron: great job with 45GN! Is this close in design with the later AI-P?

Peter B. - great looking perspective!

John: you have to be proud of your daughters!

Rafael: you made my day with the subject of this picture! (Balboa park earth day pizza or salvation

Nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D800 Balboa park earth day pizza or salvation by Rafael CA, on Flickr

georgms

Rafael, lotsa great pictures out of your hands on the last pages! Hard to pick a fav - right now it's the 16/3.5-shot "Botanical Building 2" for me.

Bob, I really like the cactus-blossoms!

John, what a lovely portrait of your daughters!

Curtis, congrats to your 200/4

Jose, thanks for sharing your 200/4-comparison! I wonder how the 200/4 Micro would do...

Ron, those grinders are amazing beasts, I've shot them a couple of times but unfortunately with AF-Nikkors Nice picture of your neighbor making the best out of this situation.

Mihai, very nice set of the cultural event!

Laura, very nice work at the auction! The "Piano on a wooden plate" looks really interesting.

Jeff, the "Rosebuds" are captured in a masterly manner!

Scott, your B&W-conversion of the old building is a perfect match for it's age and style. Well done!

georgms

Just an old picture, taken 2011. I miss Monty's contributions here.

Erwin and Fred, welding a district heating pipe - D700, 20/3.5Ais at f/8, 1/160sec, fill flash

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2622

pburke wrote:

an 8 image focus stack with the 20mm - the cactus was no more than 10 inches across. All layers at f8 1/200s iso 100 with polarizer

Fantastic image!!

m1mgd00
Total Posts: 118

Miss a few days, and the posts just pile up! Some really fantastic shots, but for me the standout is Peter's Utah highway shot that Georg reposted just above.

I was inspired by Curtis last week, so I took out the 105 f/2.5 + PK13 on Saturday (didn't have enough light for the 200mm handheld, anyway; too overcast). Just a few tiny details around the Upper East Side.

Mike

rankamateur
Total Posts: 851

Mishu01 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Curtis, congrats for your new old glass

Reagan, when Curtis is bored he buys a lens. When you are bored you buy a new car... Wish to follow you!

Nice pictures on the last two pages:

Ron: great job with 45GN! Is this close in design with the later AI-P?

No Jose this is actually the first design ever made 1968-70 with the 9 blade aperture. It takes some getting used to as it focuses backwards. Left is right and right is left.

pburke
Total Posts: 2078

georgms wrote:
pburke wrote:
I'm just starting to organize 1300 new images taken in the last two weeks. Many with MF glass.

Peter, wow, amazing work! Basically I like all of your shots (including the fantastic star-sky-shot with the xxx14mm ;-), but the one above stands out for me. It took me a while to "grasp" your picture - you've captured the scenery in a most impressive fashion.

thanks everyone for the comments. The above shot was really an afterthought. I had just taken a 9 shot panorama with the 105mm when I realized that I had the road all to myself, so for the first time in 20 years of driving through there, I stepped into the middle of it wondering if tele or wide angle would make it look more endless. The 300mm clearly was best. Once I realized the horizon would still be mountains, that was the shot. I have another one with the foreground in focus and the background blurred, but this one clearly works better.

To geotag this place - it's a few mountain passes to the west of Ely, NV on US6. For those who have never been in these places - the mountains in the distance are about 15 miles away, and yes, there is no curve in that road before you get to the snow

Peter

philipj
Total Posts: 850

pburke wrote:
georgms wrote:
pburke wrote:

thanks everyone for the comments. The above shot was really an afterthought. I had just taken a 9 shot panorama with the 105mm when I realized that I had the road all to myself, so for the first time in 20 years of driving through there, I stepped into the middle of it wondering if tele or wide angle would make it look more endless. The 300mm clearly was best. Once I realized the horizon would still be mountains, that was the shot. I have another one with the foreground in focus and the background blurred, but this one clearly works better.

To geotag this place - it's a few mountain passes to the west of Ely, NV on US6. For those who have never been in these places - the mountains in the distance are about 15 miles away, and yes, there is no curve in that road before you get to the snow

Peter

I'd also like to add how much I like this image for the exact reasons you describe with the mountains as the horizon and not the sky. At first glance I even was fooled that it was sky because of the white snow that could play the part of clouds if you hadn't kept them in focus. Just a great photo. I'd print that large!

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2089

Nikon 50mm f1.2 on a D700. Paul likes his Star Wars so I was going for a dark dramatic shot.

Paul (Star Wars style)

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2622

Thanks Leighton, Scott, Ray, Georg and Peter.

Peter (WI), fantastic 3D look scenarios with the 300/4.5 and 20/3.5;

Curtis, congrats! You even did not wait for the infinity test shots I will post today!
At last, after so many lenses you devilishly influenced me to buy, now I have my "revenge": influencing you to buy this beauty - and what a great price for a near mint and factory ai'd copy. Looking forward to your first shots;

Rafael, thanks for the tips on PP; I liked your Balboa Park set too;

John, beautiful portrait of your beautuful daughters;

Georg, great conversion and "texture" on the welding shot. For sure Monty would like it a lot;

Mike, what a fantastic set with the 105/2.5 + PK-13, I liked the most the flowers.

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 311

Nice dark portrait, Ian. Great to see you dropping by again.

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2089

Thanks so much!

I've been using the fuji x100 a lot recently so I've been in the alt gear forum but it's just too wide for headshots.

georgms

Paul Gabel wrote:
Nice dark portrait, Ian. Great to see you dropping by again.

+1 My thoughts exactly. I've missed your work here, Ian.

georgms

Ian Boys wrote:
Thanks so much!

I've been using the fuji x100 a lot recently so I've been in the alt gear forum but it's just too wide for headshots.

Ian, your landscape (and children-portraits) done with the neat Fuji are amazing. Have to send in my X100 for the sticky blades-issue ;-(

georgms

Mike, that's a great set with the "tubed 105/2.5" above!

mp356
Total Posts: 4304

pburke wrote:

Epic clouds over the same windmills seen two weeks earlier with the 300mm lens above. This was on the return trip, polarizer at full tilt, plus a ND grad filter for the clouds. Maybe I overdid the texture sharpening a little bit

F8 1/500s iso 100 on D600

I really like this one. Knowing the size of those wind turbines, the immensity of the scene is very impressive. Nice use of the polarizer.

1       2       3              2800      
       2802              4264       4265       end