Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2793

1       2       3              2793      
       2795              3789       3790       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2374

My first focus stack! 7 images. Series E 28/2.8 @ f/5.6 in front of a PK13 (27.5mm) extension tube which yields a magnification of 2.6:1. This is a vertical crop of a horizontal image, about 30%

Daddy long legs...

Daddy Long Legs by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5205

The girls have been wanting to go out to breakfast at a local place that opened up about 6 months ago - mainly because they specialize in crepes, some of the savory variety and some of the sweet variety. You can guess which type they wanted . . .

Slung the D800 + 45/2.8P around my shoulder and we walked the 5 blocks. My crepe was of the savory variety (due to my severe sugar incompatibilities) and hence was much less photographic than my latte or their berry + whip creme-filled breakfasts. Their eyes were much larger than their stomachs so next time they will have to split one.

John

jhinkey

kwoodard wrote:
My first focus stack! 7 images. Series E 28/2.8 @ f/5.6 in front of a PK13 (27.5mm) extension tube which yields a magnification of 2.6:1. This is a vertical crop of a horizontal image, about 30%

Daddy long legs...

Daddy Long Legs by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Great image Kevin! So that's what those critters look like up close . . .

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

kwoodard wrote:

Daddy long legs...

A face only a mother could love. Amazing work Kevin.

jhinkey

MarkdV wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Daddy long legs...

+1

And it appears they only have two eyes - don't most spiders have many eyes?

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4579

Here are a few shots from the John Ringling Mansion in Sarasota, Florida The opulence of this home is something you really need to see to believe. It is very ornate and the attention to detail is amazing. This home was built on the premiss that there is a sucker born every minute. The first shot is using the 16mm 3.5 and the next two are the 35mm1.4.

MarkdV

jhinkey wrote:
MarkdV wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Daddy long legs...

+1

I don't think that Daddy Longlegs are spiders. I have the feeling they are a different order that has 8 legs but only 1 pair of eyes and cannot produce silk.

MarkdV

One from this morning, 180mm+TC201 just under 10 meters and about 50% crop of the image. Yes, late April and yet more snow. Helps with the birds though since they come where the food is.

kwoodard

MarkdV wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
MarkdV wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Daddy long legs...

+1

I don't think that Daddy Longlegs are spiders. I have the feeling they are a different order that has 8 legs but only 1 pair of eyes and cannot produce silk.

You are correct, they are not spiders...just insects that look like a spider.

kwoodard

So following Curtis' urging, I took the 80-200/4.5 out with the PK13. Very fun combo, brings the lens more into what I would use it for! Not selling it now...

This was previously posted, now edited a tad.

_DSC7848 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

A pretty weed...

_DSC7864 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

These were popular with bees, just this flower wasn't up to snuff for them.

_DSC7878 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Similar to a previous posting, but a different exposure. Like this one a lot better.

_DSC7880 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

kwoodard

continued...

_DSC7901 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

I think this is a favorite of mine.

_DSC7896 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Oh, hi! (no tube on this one)

_DSC7892 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

MDoc9523

Nice shots Kevin looks like you have been a busy boy
Great shot Mark good detail in the feathers - Nicely captured and the snow sets it off!

MDoc9523

Rafael what a terrific set of photos especially this one

John I love the light on this shot

saph
Total Posts: 2047

Even Mommy Longlegs may go into shock when she sees that "EEEEK that couldn't be mine!!!"

Terrific start with focus stacking Kevin. The 28 Series E was reversed I presume?

Samy

MarkdV wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Daddy long legs...

saph

Rafael, really like those 55 1.2 images. That old jalopy with the rusting pipes is a fun shot.

Ray, super images of the mansion in Sarasota.

Mark, I see the blossoms under the snow, they will come out eventually, just like they did here, great job capturing the small bird. Some kind of chickadee?

jhinkey

A few more from this past week's spring break get-away. 16/3.5 AI or 45/2.8P.

saph

Blossom tree with wide angle.

First is with the 20 3.5UD. The glass on this one's a little beat. Last time I looked at it I wondered if it was fungus, but eventually I decided its just been handled rough.

Second with the 24 2.8 AIS. This one hasn't been put to use for months. Its a delightful small lens, from what I remember its sharp even wide open. Both images at f/8.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1076

jhinkey wrote:
The girls have been wanting to go out to breakfast at a local place that opened up about 6 months ago - mainly because they specialize in crepes, some of the savory variety and some of the sweet variety. You can guess which type they wanted . . .

Slung the D800 + 45/2.8P around my shoulder and we walked the 5 blocks. My crepe was of the savory variety (due to my severe sugar incompatibilities) and hence was much less photographic than my latte or their berry + whip creme-filled breakfasts. Their eyes were much larger than their stomachs so next time they will have to split one.

John

John is having such a good tine with the 45mm, I might just have to use mine.

Nikon Nikkor GN 45mm 2.8 C non ai HN4 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Oosty
Total Posts: 3937

kwoodard wrote:

Daddy long legs...

Great technique - it gives me the creeps!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11904

Wonderful work everyone. Glad you put the 80-200 f/4.5 to work with an extension tube Kevin. It is a fantastic combination. You'll likely motivate me to mount mine which is sitting on a cabinet in the living room for some reason. It may be getting ready to go for a walk...

This is what you get on a bright day using spot metering and aiming the center focusing point on dark glasses... The 105 f/2.5 P AI'd.

Converted in Silver Efex Pro 2 with my own secret sauce...

1       2       3              2793      
       2795              3789       3790       end