Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2786

1       2       3              2786      
       2788              3819       3820       end

Zichar
Total Posts: 3322

Thanks guys, yeah I bought the melon, photographed it swaddled with blankets on the floor lol
I doubt the supermarket would look too kindly on me traipsing the fruits aisle with my macro flashes...
Some lovely shots in the last few pages, keep it up!

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Would you believe Ray, that I've been looking at real estate to buy in Florida... and that after seeing your excellent photos of the owl? Sue has been given notice where she lives and must vacate in 90 days. She has been in her affordable apartment for 15 years and is quite concerned that she won't be able to find a rental that she can afford. And wherever Sue is, I'll be... We hope it will be here, but a fall back position might be to move to where prices are affordable. Since Sue has family in Delray Beach we might consider that a fallback. So your owls got me looking Ray...

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Wow. Too bad you couldn't share. Ninety days to move isn't that long, and for that kind of uprooting, it's even worse. Moving to FL in mid-summer would not be kind to either of you. UGH.

Yes, FL in the Summer UGH. But isn't that where all the old folks move to?

Its really not that hot here in the summer just humid.Always an ocean breeze blowing from the Southeast
Usually you have till about 830am before you start a good sweat
Besides if they moved someone would need to step up with The California Girls shots that have been lacking lately

Reagan

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2840

Thanks all for comments on my pics.

Here are two more shots from the flea market with the 85 HC :

georgms
Total Posts: 3065

Philippe, I really like the second shot: it almost looks like the two "persons" are silently exchanging thoughts (sorry, have no better words for it).

georgms
Total Posts: 3065

After seeing Curtis' work with "tubed" MF-Nikkor's I just had to go in the garden for some shot's with an old PC Auto 105/2.5 on a 20mm-Kenko-tube.
But the flowers were too colorful for my taste and after some half-hearted snaps another potential subject caught my eyes.
The 105 delivered not the wanted look and was exchanged for the tiltable PC 85/2.8D:

remains of a long gone summer I von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D3s, PC 85/2.8D, effective aperture f/11, some tilt, handheld

remains of a long gone summer II von georgsfoto auf Flickr
that's the thingie at the lower right corner of the shot above - 85/2.8D wide open

remains of a long gone summer IIa von georgsfoto auf Flickr
in the mood for monochrome - but maybe I prefer the original version

and finally some rusting wood or so for the corrosion-lovers here ;-)

screwed von georgsfoto auf Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11960

Your usual creative approach to images Georg. This is a wonderful set but I'm especially fond of the last shot, as much for the texture of the wood as for the rusted bolt. I love that my appreciation for gorgeous flowers is met by your appreciation for that which is wilted. Such IS life... all of which is to be appreciated. I've been spending time this morning on a website devoted to the spiritual practice of being with the dying. I've known the site for some time but was prompted to visit this morning after reading an article in the NY Times by a photographer who shared the journey of a man who recently died. He took photographs... For folks who want to check it out. This is what I do as a volunteer with the Living/Dying Project.

Exposures - A Good Death

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1864

Great shot Curtis,Georg,Phillipe and John

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

Nice one Ronny.

Ronny _Olsson

raboof wrote:
Nice one Ronny.

Thanks

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 8617

I'm going to use the 105 f2.5 AI-s more I think. It's really sharp, this is a 75% crop of our neighbor at the market.

Ronny _Olsson

Great shot Leighton

Yes 105 2.5 is a great lens

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s tc-200 teleconverter by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

rolubich
Total Posts: 124

Lieutenant Z wrote:

When I look at your pictures I always see some original compositive aspects that add a lot to the final result, and, as I think you have just a few seconds to get them, this is even more special.
My compliments to you.

rolubich
Total Posts: 124

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

I really like this one Ronny, great shot.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

Magnolia's are blooming like crazy now. 45mm GN Ai 100% crop

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4612

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Would you believe Ray, that I've been looking at real estate to buy in Florida... and that after seeing your excellent photos of the owl? Sue has been given notice where she lives and must vacate in 90 days. She has been in her affordable apartment for 15 years and is quite concerned that she won't be able to find a rental that she can afford. And wherever Sue is, I'll be... We hope it will be here, but a fall back position might be to move to where prices are affordable. Since Sue has family in Delray Beach we might consider that a fallback. So your owls got me looking Ray...

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Wow. Too bad you couldn't share. Ninety days to move isn't that long, and for that kind of uprooting, it's even worse. Moving to FL in mid-summer would not be kind to either of you. UGH.

Yes, FL in the Summer UGH. But isn't that where all the old folks move to?

Summer in Florida = beaches filled with women wearing those skimpy bikinis . Mai tai's while sitting under an umbrella on the beach with the breeze blowing in off the ocean. Swimming in bath water clear waters. It is definitely an acquired taste that took me at least 2 min to get used to

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4612

I found the mate to the barred owl that I posted yesterday. I don't know which is which but they are both beautiful

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2470

Thanks Samy.

What a great "boom" of gorgeous flower + bokeh images last 24hs ! - Spetacular images from Curtis, Samy, Ronny and Ron.

Georg, I loved the grainy B&W flowers and the rust stuff;

John, great vacation captures;

Jeff, I hope your recover as soon as possible.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2402

rolubich wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:

I really like this one Ronny, great shot.

Agreed. I am going to try and reproduce the look with some flowers I have around here.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

the camel train Curtis put nikki on finally arrived!!

Thank you for the little surprises in the box - they will be treasured!

Rinie - I have the magnet up at work.
Laura - love the B25 pin
Scott - yes, the tape made it intact and I was delighted by my surprise.

There were a couple of filters and a hood there too - total score! Thank you so much.

I'm going out to take some shots today!

ben

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

Lieutenant Z wrote:

The statue reminds me of a young "Alfred E. Neuman" but I don't think he ever lived in France

Top Shelf, Phillipe

Reagan

1       2       3              2786      
       2788              3819       3820       end