Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2772

1       2       3              2772      
       2774              5890       5891       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

leighton w wrote:
Hey everybody,

Mihai wanted me to tell all his friends on here that he had his hip surgery yesterday and is doing fine. He'll join us as soon as he can.

Nice news!!

And congrats on the 135/2 ddog! What is your real name?

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

asiostygius wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Hey everybody,

Mihai wanted me to tell all his friends on here that he had his hip surgery yesterday and is doing fine. He'll join us as soon as he can.

Nice news!!

I want to say his name is David, but not 100% sure. Enjoy that 135mm, its popularity is rising here lately.

designdog
Total Posts: 228

The name is David. The skill is questionable. But the desire is keen. And now, the pocketbook is empty!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

kwoodard wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Hey everybody,

Nice news!!

I want to say his name is David, but not 100% sure. Enjoy that 135mm, its popularity is rising here lately.

I started to say that as well Kevin. It's a big help to have our first names in the profile. Congrats on the 135 F2

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

jhinkey wrote:
Wow Georg!
All three are great, but I'm particularly fond of #2, dust and all.
My 135/3.5 AIS is one of my MF lenses that I plan on keeping (in addition to the 135/2 AIS until something from Nikon comes out . . . .) and I've never tried it with tubes.
I think it does very well in macro mode . . .

- John

John, thanks a bunch! My copy of the 135/3.5 Ai was one of my cheapest lenses. I've paid about 35 Euros (give or take) for a copy with clean optics and smooth focusing-ring and snappy aperture, but a dented filter-ring.
Everytime I use this lens i'm surprised in a positive way. It's a really good performer. The results with the 36mm-tube were much better than expected. I don't think my (rarely used) 105/4 Ai Micro-Nikkor would perform much better in the field.

georgms

designdog wrote:
The name is David. The skill is questionable. But the desire is keen. And now, the pocketbook is empty!

David, congrats to your 135/2, can't wait to see your work with it!

georgms

leighton w wrote:
Hey everybody,

Good news! Thanks for sharing, Leighton, and Mihai, I wish you a speedy recovery!

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

David, congrats to your 135/2
Nice shot Ray

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

georgms

Ray, I like your takes on the Indian Fig tree a lot. It's always a good idea to "explore" a given subject like you did.
Thanks for your comment on the flower-shot! To be honest: I have no clue about flowers, but I like onions
Btw, it's probably an "Iris" of some sort (got this info from female family-members);-)

georgms

Ronny, wow, what a scary shot of Nitro and lovely portraits of your daughter!

Jeff, the sea-train-image is fantastic! I really like the unusual framing here.

Jose, you've captured the wave-like cloud formation in a very cool fashion - it still reminds me of an "End-of-the-world"-movie ;-).

Peter from Madison, Jeff and Jose: thanks for your kind comments!

asiostygius

Thanks Ray, Georg and Ronny.

Ronny, gorgeous portraits of a cute girl.

This afternoon my (supposedly ) last scalloped lens arrived: a beautiful 135/3.5 Q.C.
I made the ai conversion and the first shot was a trivial one, but as this is under DX mode of the D600 and plus a heavy crop of ~75%, I suppose it is a testament to the quality of the this optics, almost wide open:

_D6A2746-135-QC-f35-first-shot-dx-mode-75pc-crop by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + Nikkor-Q.C 135mm f/3.5 C ai'd hand held, DX mode and a 75% crop. ISO 320, f/4 at 1/200s. I think this humble lens with a simpler optical formula than the 135/3.5 ai-ais performed very well, considering this is a 75% crop.

Forgot to say: no sharpening used.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

Thanks Jose and Georg
Jose :Awesome bokeh and nice colors

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

leighton w wrote:
Hey everybody,

Good to hear, Leighton.

Mihai ... hope your recovery is a speedy one.

deang001

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
David, congrats to your 135/2
Nice shot Ray

Nice portraits, Ronny.

Perfect lens for the occasion.

deang001

rafaelcasd wrote:
I had really liked this 50 1.2 image on full colors, but my perception is that most people do no like strong colors as much as I do, it is just the way my eyes see the world.

So here it is in B and W, it is ok if you don't like it but is worth a try. No image processing other than BW.

8928717021_08f69b2016_2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

I really like it, Rafael. The B&W version works perfectly.

Very artistic look. I am not sure how to verbalise what I'm thinking, but the way the image is presented makes you think more about the three characters involved and what their roles may be in relation to each other. It's almost like a dream the lady on the chair is having. There's some mystery there

deang001

jhinkey wrote:
At the last minute we decided to run down to Mt. Rainier and drive up to Paradise on the South side.
Still a lot of snow - the weather did not cooperate like last year, but we had a good time digging a hole (um, I mean snow fort), having lunch and sliding around.

John

PS - took the 16/3.5AIS, 45/2.8P, and 200/4 AIS (180/4 CV is in the shop for an adjustment)

Terrific shots, John. You are a great photographer but an even better dad

designdog
Total Posts: 228

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks Ray, Georg and Ronny.

Ronny, gorgeous portraits of a cute girl.

This afternoon my (supposedly ) last scalloped lens arrived: a beautiful 135/3.5 Q.C.
I made the ai conversion and the first shot was a trivial one, but as this is under DX mode of the D600 and plus a heavy crop of ~75%, I suppose it is a testament to the quality of the this optics, almost wide open:

_D6A2746-135-QC-f35-first-shot-dx-mode-75pc-crop by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + Nikkor-Q.C 135mm f/3.5 C ai'd hand held, DX mode and a 75% crop. ISO 320, f/4 at 1/200s. I think this humble lens with a simpler optical formula than the 135/3.5 ai-ais performed very well, considering this is a 75% crop.

Forgot to say: no sharpening used.

Lovely colors and great bokeh! When you say no sharpening, do you mean this is straight out of camera jpeg, with in camera sharpening, or is it raw?

I ask this because I have never shot a jpeg with my Nikons - first a D700 and now a D800. And I can tell you I am struggling with the sharpening of D800 raw files.They are either too grainy, or they are not sharp enough. I am close to the magic formula, but not there yet. Not that I am going to shot jpegs, just wondering.

Your shot is very nice, no matter the format...

asiostygius

Thanks Ronny and David for the kind words.

David, I mean no sharpening at all, I just cropped ~75% the image, adjusted levels, applied some tonal contrast and resized. I shot 99.9% of raw too, in this exampe the image was converted inside ACR of CS6.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

georgms wrote:
Ray, I like your takes on the Indian Fig tree a lot. It's always a good idea to "explore" a given subject like you did...

I love that set as well Ray. I'd likely do a great deal of close playing with all those roots running along the ground... would make for some delightful graphical images... very sensuous. Wonderful work.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Leighton, thanks for the heads up about Mihai. I've had two friends go through hip replacement. For one it was an ordeal, for the second a walk in the park. It is a big deal. We'll be thinking about you Mihai and wishing you a graceful recovery with a successful outcome. We need you back on the streets with your camera entertaining us. Be well.

1       2       3              2772      
       2774              5890       5891       end