Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2772

1       2       3              2772      
       2774              4066       4067       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2720

Oosty wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
Took 5 minutes and ran outside with the PK13 and the 135mm Nikkor-Q... I am in love! Probably falling into the banal category (can't believe I am saying that now!), but handheld, spur-of-the-moment...I love the possibilities. One thing of note!!! Focus conformation dot is razor sharp, I have maybe 1mm of play when I had 8~10 before.

8x10 crop, white balance corrected, basic sharpening in ACR

Excellent shots - is #2 a bottlebrush or flowering gum?

Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure the type of plant. It's a very large bush that is near my apartment. Hummingbirds and bees love it once it fully blooms (this one is an early one).

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5655

mp356 wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
15 minutes with the 45/2.8 AI-P.

This lens is really resonating with me. Small, sharp, and easy to use. I've just been leaving it on my D800 and stuffing it in my laptop case - something I could not really do with the 50/1.8G because it sticks out too much from the camera. I also did not like taking my 50/1.2 AIS around because it also sticks out too much AND it's pretty heavy. The 45P is not fast, but it makes up for it in other ways it seems.

John

Nice series John. I like the colors in the last one.

Thanks Scott! Amazing what you can do with 15 minutes of free time when at the right location.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4016

My turn to stretch the screens 27 image pano.

Plettenberg Bay was first seen by europeans in 1487 when Bartholomew Diaz rounded the Cape of Good Hope. Later Portuguese called it Bahia Formosa and about 100 lived here for a time when their ship the Sao Gonclaves was wrecked in 1630.

Today it is probably the most popular summer holiday destination in SA and the nations richest own houses along the road above the beach to the left of the hotel.The road is Beachy Head Drive AKA Millionaires Row.

More at http://www.plettenbergbay.co.za/

mp356
Total Posts: 4203

CGrindahl wrote:
I shot this today with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd with the PK-13 attached. This is uncropped, resized and converted using Silver Efex Pro 2. A palm frond...

Very nice Curtis. I like the lines this subject creates.

mp356
Total Posts: 4203

Oosty wrote:

Plettenberg Bay was first seen by europeans in 1487 when Bartholomew Diaz rounded the Cape of Good Hope. Later Portuguese called it Bahia Formosa and about 100 lived here for a time when their ship the Sao Gonclaves was wrecked in 1630.

Today it is probably the most popular summer holiday destination in SA and the nations richest own houses along the road above the beach to the left of the hotel.The road is Beachy Head Drive AKA Millionaires Row.

Peter, nice monitor stretcher! Beautiful sweeping beach.

jhinkey

Oosty wrote:

Great image! I see that waves pose the same problem for stitching for you as they do for me . . .

John

kwoodard

jhinkey wrote:
Oosty wrote:

Great image! I see that waves pose the same problem for stitching for you as they do for me . . .

John

I have this problem too. I have been able to overcome it by overlapping more images to cover the scene. Then blend those areas. Its not perfect, but workable. I am hoping to do my 49 vertical stitch of San Fran this weekend and see how I did. I already know the colors will be flat as it was overcast and raining when I took the shots, so it might turn into more of an exercise.

raboof
Total Posts: 1436

Heal brush tool in PS. Can you tell?

jhinkey wrote:
Oosty wrote:

John

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4892

^^^^^
Chuong I can't tell because the photo is so small.

kwoodard

MDoc9523 wrote:
^^^^^
Chuong I can't tell because the photo is so small.

Yes, healing brush is another good tool that slipped my mind. Clone tool is also very useful.

Oosty

jhinkey wrote:
Oosty wrote:

John

I knew you'd notice John! Thanks.

Oosty

Thanks for the comments and input Scott, Kevin and Chuong. I did try the healing brush and cloning and also blurring all in PSE. We'll have to look at the next one!

Oosty

On the beach with her thoughts - Beacon Island beach, Plett (as it is known by the "in" crowd ( this is 20 miles from Knysna)

jhinkey

Oosty wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Oosty wrote:

John

I knew you'd notice John! Thanks.

I didn't mean to be critical, but on my own images it sticks out like a sore thumb as they say. I need to use the healing brush, content aware fill, cloning tool or sometimes some judicious cropping to remedy it and was wondering what technique you use.

I guess we just need one of those robotic panorama heads that quickly takes all the images so that things like clouds and waves don't change very much in between images.

- John

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2920

Oosty wrote:
Mark - I'm glad we're getting closer - soon we'll be in the Eurozone and will have to brush up on our Italian .

Good news, Peter! Hope you will spend some time in France!

jhinkey

Oosty wrote:
On the beach with her thoughts - Beacon Island beach, Plett (as it is known by the "in" crowd ( this is 20 miles from Knysna)

Very nice Peter!

One of the reasons I like this thread is that we get to see great images from around the world from very nice people.

- John

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 288

Beautiful wides with te 50mm Peter!

Oosty

jhinkey wrote:

I didn't mean to be critical, but on my own images it sticks out like a sore thumb as they say. I need to use the healing brush, content aware fill, cloning tool or sometimes some judicious cropping to remedy it and was wondering what technique you use.

I guess we just need one of those robotic panorama heads that quickly takes all the images so that things like clouds and waves don't change very much in between images.

- John

I knew it wasn't a criticism and as soon as I saw it I tried different ways to fix it but no dice. Then I thought "what the hell, but I'll bet I won't slip it past John" . You've forgotten more than I know about panos

Oosty

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Mark - I'm glad we're getting closer - soon we'll be in the Eurozone and will have to brush up on our Italian .

Good news, Peter! Hope you will spend some time in France!

Phillippe - we're hoping to get there in September if I can get through the Schengen red tape!!

Paul Gabel wrote:
Beautiful wides with te 50mm Peter!

Thanks Paul

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

If this thing was mine I would be a happy camper but alas it is just a car show. 50- 1.4 Ai-S

1       2       3              2772      
       2774              4066       4067       end