Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2771

1       2       3              2771      
       2773              5889       5890       end

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5064

georgms wrote:
John, I like the second last shot of the second climbing set - it reminds me of old Dutch paintings (ice skaters in Dutch winter-scapes).

Peter from Madison, wow, beautiful bird-images! I like especially the 2 last shots from your first set. The pelican-reflections work wonderful here.

Mark, great work with the 300: interesting mood at the "rain-shot" and amazing sky at the second image.

Rafael, I prefer the color-version of the surreal dancer-image. Pictures like this one look best when printed really large in my opinion.

Peter from Knysna, very cool looking shots from the steel-sculptures. The first one is the strongest picture, it was probably easier to frame than the other sculptures.

Jose, I like the depth of your "Pico do Jaraguá"-image a lot.

+1
Thanks
And really nice shots Gerog
Samy great bokeh comparison

Same vsco-film

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

pburke
Total Posts: 3007

thanks for all the comments on my birding attempts. I'll try to get back as soon as I get that cheater AF TC working.

Georg - I learn something new almost every time you post something - dragon boats, never knew the name, but know I even see there are races around my area in those boats! Lovely marcros - inspired me to pack the 55mm with tubes on my bike ride and stop at a poppy field. Don't think they'll look as good as yours, though.

John - 10 feet of snow in June and building snow caves at a palce you can drive up to has to be great fun. At least something all that Seattle precip is good for Those tree wells near the cave look scary deep.

Mark, I love that misty picture with the faint distant lights on the cranes. I need to get outside with the camera when it's wet and dark and nasty more often.

Rafael - I liked the color version more than black and white - there are some strange effects in the conversion, especially the person in the back looks like a cardboard cutout, which in a way has its own special touch, but unless you know why and how, it's just strange. Art, I guess

Talking about cardboard cutouts - those steel sculptures work really well in black and white

Jose, I've been to your city only on the airport tarmac, and all I ever saw was hazy and green. This crisp view acorss town looks much more inviting.

And for a while I actually thought Nitro was a tame animal...

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1471

Rafael, I'm enjoying your theatre light plays with the 50/1.2.

Georg, the Plattenbau and dragon boat images are very fine.

Peter in Madison, great flowers with the extended 55/1.2 and 135/2.8. The dark backgrounds really work for me. Love the white pelicans.

Curtis, terrific ladybug shots.

John, wonderful family shots in the remains of the snow.

Jim, beautiful shots from the backyard. Glad to hear your knee is feeling a bit better.

Chin, I really like "sine" and the work you do with the 45pc. Although I really don't "need" any more MF lenses, I'm thinking of renting one, which will invariably lead to ...

Ray in Ohio, "Raindrops II" is really nice.

Ray in Florida, we're in our "June gloom" period here in SoCal, so it's great to see the great light and clouds from Lido.

Mark, very pretty shots from Bellinzona.

Samy, nice bokeh comparison with the 105's.

Peter, I really like the steel plate sculptures.

Jose, very nice combination of cityscape and mountain shot.

Ronny, terrific film shot of your GS.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

John love the family shots in the snow
Peter - nice shots of the birds. Big heavy lenses can be a challenge and you seem to be up to it! I like the last one the best
Mark beautiful orange sky!
Rafael that shot looks very "dreamy"
Peter very stirring shots of South African history Love them!!!
Jose you live in such a wonderful place and you capture it so well!

Georg i love the bud shot. Bokeh is wonderful. Is it a bird of paradise?

Ronny great timing as usual!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8405

pburke wrote:

John - 10 feet of snow in June and building snow caves at a palce you can drive up to has to be great fun. At least something all that Seattle precip is good for Those tree wells near the cave look scary deep.

Thanks - yes it's nice to have the opportunity to find snow pretty much year round in the Cascades. Being originally from the East Coast this is a pretty novel thing for me.
Those tree wells are scary - I warned my girls about them several times and they ignored me until one of them fell in one and got whacked by a branch. Seems like a skier/snowboarder gets killed every few years due to falling into a tree well.

John

Foggy14

Here are a couple attempts, from yesterday evening, to turn our coastal clouds into an advantage.

pburke

Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple attempts, from yesterday evening, to turn our coastal clouds into an advantage.

pelicans with a 105mm? they must be a different breed out there! Actually, I saw some in the wildlife forum taken with an ultra wide - there are places they apparently aren't afraid of humans. Too many rednecks with guns around here, and I must have looked like one of them.

Like the train shot a lot - there's something about taking pictures of trains that has always fascinated me, even when it was just a macro on my HO set when I was a teenager.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

I like that train shot.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4681

Foggy14 wrote:

Wow, these are great. I love the lower contrast look to these.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3288

Thank you Georg, Chin, Jeff, Peter and Ray.

Chin, it was around 20ºC;

Peter, when there is rain or heavy winds the air is OK, but during dry months it is terrible.

Georg, great set with the humble 135/3.5 - post them in the 135/3.5 flickr group!

Jeff loved the pelican formation.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3288

Another take of the cloudy afternoon, this time a 3 horizontal shots pano with the humble 50mm f/2 H.
Excuse the size, but this is "just" 6000px, the original one was ~13000px:

Cloud formation 3-shots pano with Nikkor-H.C 50mm f/2 by labecoaves, on Flickr

An interesting cloud formation from the south.
D600 + Nikkor-H.C 50mm f/2 C ai'd supported on the windowsill, ISO 400, f/4 at 1/25s.
The exif is wrong, I forgot to change the lens data on the camera menu.
This is a little and pretty good lens.

MDoc9523

GREAT shots Jeff. The train shot is amazing, especially with it's track right along the water.
On the beach pelicans can be very close to humans Peter but to get that many at once is very special. Perfectly executed!
Jose very dramatic shot the 50 mm really shines!

Foggy14

Thanks guys.

Peter, they're brown pelicans. Fifty years ago, they were headed toward extinction due to DDT, which thinned their shells. Fortunately, conservation efforts took root and they've made a remarkable comeback along the California and Mexico coasts.

Today, large flocks cruise the coastline and ride the wind currents above the bluffs. They get so close sometimes that the 105mm was a bit tight for the larger flocks.

The browns aren't as fancy as your beautiful white pelicans, but I like them a lot.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5064

Thanks
Love those shots Jeff..Great work
Great shot Jose

MDoc9523

We stopped at the Marie Selby Gardens while we were in Sarasota. These are shots of the national native tree of India the Indian Fig tree. We were totally amazed at the beauty of this tree in it's roots and branch systems. It took several shots to get a good perspective.
85mm 1.4

16mm 3.5

85mm 1.4

pburke

Foggy14 wrote:

The browns aren't as fancy as your beautiful white pelicans, but I like them a lot.

hey, they won't cause as much purple and green fringing in your old glass either

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8405

raboof wrote:
I like that train shot.

+1

Amazingly simple photo that works really well.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Hey everybody,

Mihai wanted me to tell all his friends on here that he had his hip surgery yesterday and is doing fine. He'll join us as soon as he can.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 877

Foggy14 wrote:

That train shot is really cool!

designdog
Total Posts: 227

Yes! 135 2AI-s on the way! Ex++ condition. Maybe I will finally get around to posting photos here!

1       2       3              2771      
       2773              5889       5890       end