Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2769

1       2       3              2769      
       2771              4320       4321       end

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

Mishu01 wrote:
Curtis, I'm younger than you so my hips must be better but unlike you I spent almost 28yrs under communism. The medical system was a nightmare (it isn't very performing yet... but is somehow improved). While I was a student I was the subject of a bad medical error: doctors confused a banal rheumatic illness with hip tuberculosis. The mistake was discovered 10 months later after they almost destroyed me with a treatment that was against my real problem. It took one more year to start over but I was only partially recovered. Getting older things get worse and I came to that point were I need both hips to be replaced - one of them as soon as possible. I never got any material compensation for what they did to me and actually I fully pay my surgeries in a private hospital (because my medical problem is older than my private medical insurance, so it's not covered...) But I've learned to live with this situation, enjoying the good part of this life i.e. photography, family, friends, etc. And yes, I'm optimist regarding the surgery... despite the fact that I developed a real phobia regarding doctors, hospitals, etc

Mihai, all the best to you on the surgery. You're demonstrating an attitude that more people could use, and at times that includes me. Amen to family and friends. Will say a prayer for you. Stay in touch here.

Ray

raboof
Total Posts: 1515

Mihai - Great to hear from you again and have a speedy recovery.
Ray, I went out last week for graffiti but it wasn't good enough to post. Well, I am posting it anyway 85mm 1.4

This next one taken yesterday. Since I have to watch the kids, I might as well take their pictures. Sorry for too many pics of my daughter. 85mm 1.4

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6045

Never too many pics of your daughter!

jhinkey

15 minutes with the 45/2.8 AI-P.

This lens is really resonating with me. Small, sharp, and easy to use. I've just been leaving it on my D800 and stuffing it in my laptop case - something I could not really do with the 50/1.8G because it sticks out too much from the camera. I also did not like taking my 50/1.2 AIS around because it also sticks out too much AND it's pretty heavy. The 45P is not fast, but it makes up for it in other ways it seems.

John

raboof
Total Posts: 1515

Thanks John. Those are very nice images and they are crazy sharp too. I have to admit that when Don put that lens up, I really wanted it but it wasn't the right time for me financially. I picked up the silver edition three days ago and it should be here tomorrow. I am excited.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2489

Great shot Johan and Chuong

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3002

Well, picked up the PK13. I haggled for a second and bought. I got it for about half of what KEH sells them for and got literally a brand new in box one. It was a spare, literally never used. Woohoo!!!

kwoodard

There is a very overpriced 45/2.8 AI-P at the local camera store. Nice lens, but I want to say they are asking $700 for it.

Yours sure is nice!

jhinkey

kwoodard wrote:
Well, picked up the PK13. I haggled for a second and bought. I got it for about half of what KEH sells them for and got literally a brand new in box one. It was a spare, literally never used. Woohoo!!!

It's a great light weight accessory - can't go wrong with owning one for sure.

deang001
Total Posts: 1576

CGrindahl wrote:
Dean, I'm happy you've been enjoying my work with Silver Efex Pro 2. Initially, I worked with the series of presets listed at the left. Then I began playing a bit with the sliders on the right to see how each affected the preset. I also checked how filters affected the appearance of the image. Then I began working with the original conversion doing essentially the same thing, working with brightness, contrast and structure before reviewing framing options.

When I began working with Photoshop many years ago, I was definitely a "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" sort of guy. I just started playing. Eventually I watched a few videos, but I basically learned by doing. I did the same thing with Lightroom and am now experimenting with SEP. I discovered that it really isn't possible to make mistakes that can't be corrected. Non-destructive processing is a dream. So the best way, in my opinion to find what you like with SEP, is to just begin moving sliders and seeing what you like.

I began playing with the 020 Fine Art Framed option, then reduced contrast slightly, reduced brightness slightly and added structure. Here is a shot I processed this way a moment ago... barbed wire taken yesterday with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd, wide open.

Thanks for the information, Curtis. You're right ... I need to just play with the program more and see what happens.

kwoodard

jhinkey wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

It's a great light weight accessory - can't go wrong with owning one for sure.

I am quite excited to try it out. Not only shorter focus distances, but reversing a lens on it too! Macro is what brought me back to photography (with a healthy side of this threads influence)...!

deang001
Total Posts: 1576

jhinkey wrote:

This lens is really resonating with me. Small, sharp, and easy to use. I've just been leaving it on my D800 and stuffing it in my laptop case - something I could not really do with the 50/1.8G because it sticks out too much from the camera. I also did not like taking my 50/1.2 AIS around because it also sticks out too much AND it's pretty heavy. The 45P is not fast, but it makes up for it in other ways it seems.

John

Nice, John.

I think this is the lens that will meter on bodies like the D40 etc, isn't it? Is this the one?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/45.htm

I nearly bough this lens once before but didn't. I think it would be cool to use on a small dx body.

jhinkey

deang001 wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

John

Nice, John.

I think this is the lens that will meter on bodies like the D40 etc, isn't it? Is this the one?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/45.htm

I nearly bough this lens once before but didn't. I think it would be cool to use on a small dx body.

Yes that's the one - it has a CPU so it's fully compatible with any modern DSLR. Mine is the black version. Surprisingly I've seen two of these black versions go for sale here on FM in the last month or so. I managed to grab mine for $325 - I think because it did not come with the box nor Nikon clear filter (so what!).

kwoodard

The black one is rarer too. I have only seen the silver one. I found it to be decent, but not as good as my slightly larger Series E 50mm. If you want a nice pancake, check out the 50E.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4043

CGrindahl wrote:
Dean, I'm happy you've been enjoying my work with Silver Efex Pro 2. Initially, I worked with the series of presets listed at the left. Then I began playing a bit with the sliders on the right to see how each affected the preset. I also checked how filters affected the appearance of the image. Then I began working with the original conversion doing essentially the same thing, working with brightness, contrast and structure before reviewing framing options.

When I began working with Photoshop many years ago, I was definitely a "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" sort of guy. I just started playing. Eventually I watched a few videos, but I basically learned by doing. I did the same thing with Lightroom and am now experimenting with SEP. I discovered that it really isn't possible to make mistakes that can't be corrected. Non-destructive processing is a dream. So the best way, in my opinion to find what you like with SEP, is to just begin moving sliders and seeing what you like.

I began playing with the 020 Fine Art Framed option, then reduced contrast slightly, reduced brightness slightly and added structure. Here is a shot I processed this way a moment ago... barbed wire taken yesterday with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd, wide open.

Great technique - good photo

Oosty

MDoc9523 wrote:
We don't have much graffiti in our little town, so when I saw this I had to take a photo.
D600 35mm 1.4 F/8 1/160

Well taken Ray, even though I loathe graffiti and the vandals who regard it as their right to deface other peoples property.

Oosty

FWIW Jeffrey Friedl uses a Voigtlander 125 2.5 with his D4 and gets some amazing results from Kyoto his blog is http://regex.info/blog/

Oosty

georgms wrote:

You can be really happy that Graffiti is rare in your town - it's a major pain over here. Some cities seem to have kinda "artistic" sprayers in their community, this is unfortunately not true for my hometown.

Good pic - pity about the message

Oosty

Mishu01 wrote:
But I've learned to live with this situation, enjoying the good part of this life i.e. photography, family, friends, etc. And yes, I'm optimist regarding the surgery... despite the fact that I developed a real phobia regarding doctors, hospitals, etc

I'll be thinking about you Mihai - hope it all works out OK. We've been missing you here.

Oosty

pbraymond wrote:

One more from last Friday, just as I was getting back to the car. 200 AI Micro again.

Another good spot with your trained eye

1       2       3              2769      
       2771              4320       4321       end