Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2768

1       2       3              2768      
       2770              5885       5886       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

James Markus wrote:
I like that last one...building memories.

jhinkey wrote:
At the last minute we decided to run down to Mt. Rainier and drive up to Paradise on the South side.
Still a lot of snow - the weather did not cooperate like last year, but we had a good time digging a hole (um, I mean snow fort), having lunch and sliding around.

John

PS - took the 16/3.5AIS, 45/2.8P, and 200/4 AIS (180/4 CV is in the shop for an adjustment)

My knee stopped hurting long enough for me to explore the backyard. It is the time of year that the maples are dropping their seeds, and one seed landed in the rotted out center of a hammock post. The sun was hitting it just so, and the shadow seemed to force me to shoot centered shots - which I normally avoid. Anyway, here they are...

Nikkor 35mm AI on the D800

Nikkor 200mm AIS micro on the D300

Of the work you have posted, I think these simple images are the best thus far. I love them both, I would be pleased as punch if they were mine.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12615

georgms wrote:
Peter, the "Plattenbau" posted before is a bit special, formerly known as "Stelzenhochhaus" it underwent an expensive modernization some years ago.
Many East-German buildings have been pimped with lifts, thermal insulation and modern windows. But some still look like this one:

edit: here's another "Plattenbau"-picture, this one was taken 2008:

D700, 24/2.8Ais at f/5.6, probably with a polarizer attached

I like the perspective and lens choice very much with this shot. I bet it used in the newspaper.

leighton w

pburke wrote:
And again my 55mm f/1.2, this time with tubes. Looks like I keep shooting my two oldest lenses the most in recent weeks. It's all about signature, I guess.

Interesting to see the comparison between the 2 lenses. They both produce wonderful images, but I give the nod to the 55mm for color and contrast.

leighton w

jhinkey wrote:
At the last minute we decided to run down to Mt. Rainier and drive up to Paradise on the South side.
Still a lot of snow - the weather did not cooperate like last year, but we had a good time digging a hole (um, I mean snow fort), having lunch and sliding around.

John

Very nice set John, the self portrait one will bring back a lot of memories down the road.

Question: The snow in the first image looks dirty, is from pollution, or something else?

leighton w

James Markus wrote:

My knee stopped hurting long enough for me to explore the backyard. It is the time of year that the maples are dropping their seeds, and one seed landed in the rotted out center of a hammock post. The sun was hitting it just so, and the shadow seemed to force me to shoot centered shots - which I normally avoid. Anyway, here they are...

Nikkor 35mm AI on the D800

What are the chances! I like this one because it reminds me of a sundial. The lighting is great as well.

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

Thanks for the nice comments on my HK pics everyone.

There's some great work on this thread as per usual.

deang001

CGrindahl wrote:
Or with the NOCT...

I think you need this in your collection !!

deang001

Zichar wrote:
The 45 was my only mf lens on the trip
But extremely versatile, great walkabout lens, and handheld shifting works in a pinch to reduce keystoning

Apples and pears
I grabbed one each from every bin (except the nashi and fuji)
And that night my dad peeled 'em all, cubed beyond recognition
Oh

Welcome back, Chin.

Hoep you had a great time in SA. Like to see more images and get a rundown of what you did.

We just booked our tickets back to Adelaide for two weeks over Christmas

deang001

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Today, French Open 2013 Roland Garros :

Very nice separation on that second image ... looks great, Z.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8398

leighton w wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

John

Very nice set John, the self portrait one will bring back a lot of memories down the road.

Question: The snow in the first image looks dirty, is from pollution, or something else?

Thanks Leigton - that's gravel/dirt from the snow that was blown out of the parking lot. There's still about 10 ft. of snow down around the parking lot - and that's a lot less than the max. earlier in the spring!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

CGrindahl wrote:
Or with the NOCT...

I vote for this one

Zichar
Total Posts: 3758

Thanks guys. I took a different turn photographically for this trip, studying shapes and space; partly because of the opportunities I anticipated
Saved up some to bring my folks along, especially since my dad has some ailments and is so so frail from last I saw him early this year

>>

Our place for the night was barely 50m from Maslin Beach - a nudist beach from what I've read
Here are some curves

sine by Zichar, on Flickr

Zichar
Total Posts: 3758

deang001 wrote:

Welcome back, Chin.

Hoep you had a great time in SA. Like to see more images and get a rundown of what you did.

We just booked our tickets back to Adelaide for two weeks over Christmas

Hey thanks Dean, I sure did.
Met some really nice people and I caught my first squid off the jetty, finally!
Tired though, starting work tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to that!
I gotta get used to processing photos and typing down my thoughts

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

My thanks Georg, Jeff for the compliments on the raindrops shot.

"Plattenbau"-picture (with the excavator) is why the Chicago Sun Times will regret letting all the photogs go. Way to go Georg.

Curtis, I remember the ladybug photos, and still admire them a lot. The tube master at work. I like the 15mm Nikon MF rules poster better.

Looks like a great outing with the girls John. I think I was at the park once in early July and still saw some snow piles. If I recall correctly some of the higher elevation trails are not snow free till sometime in July?

James, nicely done on the Maple seed pics. Isn't it great when things just set themselves up for you?

I'm doing my best to resist the call of the 135 QC. After all, I have a 105MF and two 200 MFs, I am well covered focal length wise but the price / performance of the lens as seen here looks to be outstanding.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

Another variation on the raindrops. A little less sharp zoomed in since it was handheld, but displays great at web sizes. D700, 55 f2.8 AIS Micro, 1/60 at f5.6.

Raindrops II

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Here's a few more from Lido Beach
35mm 1.4

16mm 3.5

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Very nice Ray... I think you're enjoying the dynamic range of the D600. Amazing what you can pull out of a scene with challenging lighting conditions. Very nice work both behind the camera and at your computer.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4208

3 days - 5 pages! More excellent images that would take me a week to mention separately. Well done everyone.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

John, I like especially the last two shots from your climbing trip - I don't know if old-fashioned photo-albums are still used in your family, but these pictures are for sure worth to be printed and sticked in ;-)

James, I like your maple-seed-images a lot. Excellent work, and I love your approach to get more than "just 1 shot" out of this subject. Playing with different lenses, angles and such is so much fun and the pictorial results worth the extra effort.

Chin, your "sine-curves from the nudist beach" are outstanding. This is exactly the kind of photography that I adore the most.

Ray (from Ohio) - I like "Raindrops two" too. A beautiful capture for sure, but for my taste the composition of #1 is slightly more appealing.

Ray (from Florida) - I can only second Curtis ^ My personal favs are the very first shot (taken with the 16/3.5 too?) and the "sun-star-Melody-photo".

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Ray from Ohio, Peter from Madison and Leighton - thanks for your comments on the last "Plattenbau"-image!

1       2       3              2768      
       2770              5885       5886       end