Page 2900 already?

Taken with a stopped down nikkor noct and fm camera

ball by funwithlight, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

pburke wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
That's hilarious Rafael!

And Peter, that set of images is outstanding. Love the button bender shot but all are delicious. From you comment about taking classes at the moment, it appears you are younger than I thought... a whipper snapper, in fact. You're still welcome, of course...

this was in 1989 - and I was the oldest in the class

However, it appears so current, even 24 years later. The C-span video link with Jesse Jackson could almost be a speech from 2013

1989 was my thirtieth high school reunion... just to put it in perspective...

Zichar
Total Posts: 3761

Amazing work Peter and the photos tell a fascinating story themselves. Am always in awe at anyone nailing exposure for film photojournalistic shots, the blacks are so rich and the grain of film is just so apt. Monopoly Man and especially waiting for the bus are my favs in the series

CGrindahl

Yes, time flies when you're having fun and at the moment we're fast approaching 58,000 posts... amazing.

So I took a few more photos this morning with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd with and without extension tubes. This is a great lens in my humble opinion... These four were all shot with a 36mm Vivitar tube attached.

I didn't notice the fly when I took this shot, but I certainly discovered it when reviewing the photos taken. Fortunately, give the narrow depth of field, it was in focus though at the edge of the frame.

pburke
Total Posts: 3009

CGrindahl wrote:
pburke wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
That's hilarious Rafael!

And Peter, that set of images is outstanding. Love the button bender shot but all are delicious. From you comment about taking classes at the moment, it appears you are younger than I thought... a whipper snapper, in fact. You're still welcome, of course...

this was in 1989 - and I was the oldest in the class

However, it appears so current, even 24 years later. The C-span video link with Jesse Jackson could almost be a speech from 2013

1989 was my thirtieth high school reunion... just to put it in perspective...

This is the year AARP started sending me junk mail... whipper snapper with a senior citizen motel discount card? Not signing up quite yet...

CGrindahl

My boss used to say "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill..." It has been my motto ever since I realized I WAS OLD...

CGrindahl

Two photos with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd without tubes...

This neighbor's cat looks very much like the cat I grew up with... unfortunately, he is so shy I can't get close enough to share a few rubbies... I'm a cat fancier, as Laura and Rinie well know...

Zichar
Total Posts: 3761

The 45 was my only mf lens on the trip
But extremely versatile, great walkabout lens, and handheld shifting works in a pinch to reduce keystoning

Apples and pears
I grabbed one each from every bin (except the nashi and fuji)
And that night my dad peeled 'em all, cubed beyond recognition
Oh

bags by Zichar, on Flickr

pburke

Zichar wrote:
Amazing work Peter and the photos tell a fascinating story themselves. Am always in awe at anyone nailing exposure for film photojournalistic shots, the blacks are so rich and the grain of film is just so apt. Monopoly Man and especially waiting for the bus are my favs in the series

thanks, but I have to give a lot more credit to my Nikon scanner, Vuescan and CS6, especially Camera Raw, than to my 1989 exposure skills. Scanning in 16 bit and then getting the most of it in RAW (I am not a trained professional, but I watched Serge Ramelli on youtube ) is what got the exposures to look this good. Never could have printed them this nice.

As for blacks and grain - here's my favorite in that department, again 50mm f/1.8 AIS, T-Max 400 with F3HP, about 60% of original image area crop

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Today, French Open 2013 Roland Garros :

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Dean it is very exciting to see photos from your neck of the woods. Thank you for posting!
Leighton great shots. I love the light and especially the smile on this one

Ronny loving the snail slime what a cool shot!
Chin what a wonderful bokeh play. That 45mm is music

Jose I love this shot, such detail and sharpness especially using a TC

Rafael well done
Amendment 2 of the Miranda Manual Focus Nikon Thread Constitution states that a picture shall be admissible for posting if the light rays that formed said image passed through at least one complete Nikkor Manual Focus lens and was captured by a Nikon or Nippon Kogaku Brand Camera. Spacers with no lens elements may be of any brand; converters, auxiliary lenses, or any other ray path modifiers containing lens elements may be of any technological foundation (such as mirror, Fresnel, diffractive, refractive, prismatic, manual focus, auto focus) but must be of Nikon Brand and Manufacture. Free lensing within these rules is also permitted.
This as voted by the members and ratified by the Founding Fathers.

Peter journalism style is GREAT!
Curtis loving your work with the 135

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

pburke wrote:
asiostygius wrote:

I tried to buy a TC-16a for a week now, but it appears that all the non-modded converters on ebay are being bought up by those who modify them. I was outbid by the same person on all my attempts to get one for under $150. Above that, I guess I just buy a modded one and save me the tinkering time needed to make it work on a D600.

Peter, I found this unmodded TC16a for under 150.00, but there is some fungus. Who knows they are easily removed, try a contact with the seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-TC16a-AF-Teleconverter-16x-Autofocus-/251271581569

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Thanks Ray!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

Thanks Leighton and Ray;

Rafael, loved the "Amendment 2 of the Miranda Manual Focus Nikon Thread Constitution"

Leighton, great PP skill on the beautiful flower.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
Yes, time flies when you're having fun and at the moment we're fast approaching 58,000 posts... amazing.

So I took a few more photos this morning with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd with and without extension tubes. This is a great lens in my humble opinion... These four were all shot with a 36mm Vivitar tube attached.

I particularly like this one. And the red flower shot nearly blew my eyeballs up when I scrolled down.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Here's a few more sunset photos from Lido Beach with the 35mm 1.4 AIS

pburke

asiostygius wrote:

Peter, I found this unmodded TC16a for under 150.00, but there is some fungus. Who knows they are easily removed, try a contact with the seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-TC16a-AF-Teleconverter-16x-Autofocus-/251271581569

yes, Jose, I saw that one, and the reason it hasn't sold at that price is most likely the fungus. I don't like fungus either... In fact, after I saw that particular auction and no other low cost non-modded TC-16a even listed, I bought a modded one. Should have it in a few days.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1944

Thanks Curtis, Ray, Leighton,

philipj wrote:
Ray - I don't have a macro lens, but shots like yours make me think I should get the 55 as it can often by found inexpensively, and seems to be a great performer!

Philip, Curtis makes a good point about extension tubes, especially since they can be used with so many lenses vs a dedicated micro. On the other hand, even though I own a couple of tubes (nothing long like Curtis and others, longest I have is a PK13) I've never been disappointed with the micro lenses I own, they are always top performers (esp close up), and I find myself butting against the limited focus range with tubes mounted enough that I prefer micro lenses. However, the tube masters on this thread (and others) have put my close ups to shame a lot of times

Dean, you make me want to jump on plane and visit HK again.

Leighton, nice market series, esp the buy local, even if it's with the radial tool. Great vision pre and post processing.

leighton w

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Today, French Open 2013 Roland Garros :

I love the colors in this one. I also like how you included the mans head at the bottom of the frame. Some of your images reminds me of Saul Leiter's photography. Check him out.

leighton w

Thank you Ray (Ohio), I appreciate that.

Ray (Florida), nice set, I love the last one!

1       2       3              2766      
       2768              5892       5893       end