Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2764

1       2       3              2764      
       2766              4369       4370       end

Oosty
Total Posts: 4047

Jeff, both those conversions are terrific.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13321

Jeff, a great many of us enjoy playing with impressionistic images like you've shared. Delightful work! I especially enjoy the first image. Whatever stirs your imagination is worth sharing on this thread. Keep the images coming...

Zichar
Total Posts: 3578

Very beautiful Jeff

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

kwoodard wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Wanted to see how the 100-300 5.6 AIS would hold up to the demands of the D600

Looks mighty fine to me!

+1! I had never head of this lens before. Thanks for the info and the shots!

Tony

kings_freak

jhinkey wrote:
Sorry, but here's a monitor breaker - gotta compete with Mark's lovely super wide!

Panorama of the Olympic Mts. from my last PanSTARRS outing while waiting for the sun to go down.

18 vertical orientation shots with the 400/5.6 ED AI stitched in PTGUI (Photoshop could not do it).

- John
Beautiful, John!

Tony

kings_freak

Foggy14 wrote:
Peter, I really like the look of "Ghost Rock."

John, that's a beautiful panorama!

Here are a couple conversions that veer toward the impressionistic end of the scale.

I really like this one, Jeff!

Tony

kings_freak

I finally got a few minutes to play around with my new, to me, 24mm É2.8 NC.

Tony

Flare Test by T&J Photography, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 9584

CGrindahl wrote:
Whoa! You're killing us with these shots Ray. I do believe the humble 100-300 f/5.6 AI-s is up to the task at 24 megapixels. This is a fine lens now that we're getting more light. I'll have to pull mine out and play a bit, though I don't have these exotic butterflies to capture. Beautiful images Ray. Excellent work on every level.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Kevin and Curtis. I thought that the 100-300 5.6 held up pretty well. Certainly not quite as good as the prime lens but it's versatility in focal lengths along with the excellent quality is definitely a bonus for this lens. I was able to buy her for around $100.oo
As an edit: perhaps this lens could be the next around the world lens? Whatcha think?

I agree with you Ray, not quite up to the primes. But I do like your images.

leighton w

pburke wrote:

can't post a stitch with the 105mm, because there is no image merge in PS 7.01, but hey, it's an 11 year old piece of software from the days the D1 was still the top dog.

Peter, give Microsoft ICE a try. It's really easy to use and it's free! It'll also work on a MAC.

leighton w

Foggy14 wrote:

Here are a couple conversions that veer toward the impressionistic end of the scale.

Jeff, both are very very good. But the composition of the flower shows what a good eye you have.

leighton w

kings_freak wrote:
I finally got a few minutes to play around with my new, to me, 24mm É2.8 NC.

Tony

Looks like it held up well for flare.

georgms
Total Posts: 3487

Ray (from Florida) - beautiful work with the 85/1.4 and impressive demonstration of the 100-300/5.6's abilities when coupled to a D600 (and your hands). I'm still in awe about the size of the butterflies (everything's bigger in America, right? ).

Leighton, congrats to your home-brewery

Dean, thanks for sharing your thoughts about the D800e's exposure. I shoot in M-mode 98% of the time, because I've never seen a camera that got the exposure to my liking everytime. I prefer to make the mistakes myself instead of letting the camera err'.
edit: Just read the follow-up: I hope you'll find a nice mint D700 - it's still a great camera.

Ray, I still prefer the original stitch from your bridge-shot. I like the mood of the trail-sign-image.

Paul, great to see you posting again! Great set from the "Jazz&Wine"-event! My personal fav is the piano-player - for it's perfect timing and great composition with the reflections of the notes.

Scott, congrats to the 16/3.5! The spring-flowers in front of the house are a very nice first subject for this gem.

Jose, the crater-images are stunning. Pictures of barren landscapes like these really benefit from detail-richness (sorry, can't find better words for it).

Rafael, the flower-field-images are amazing. Somehow I like the first shot the most - mother and daughter in between those colorful flowers - very nice!

John, the animated PanSTARRS-shot is way cool!!! The Olympic-Mountains-pano is spectacular - for sure an olympic task for every computer ;-)

Mark - sorry to read about your loss. Nice set of images, my favorite is the last shot. Shot #2 would benefit from cropping player #6 away in my opinion.
For fast-moving team-sports like soccer or rugby a lens with IF (like the old pro-tele-lenses like 400/3.5 IF-ED and so on) together with a good prism-screen in the cameras finder would lift up my keepers-rate dramatically, but not on AF-level.

Ronny, good job with the "tubed" 135/2! The second image is really cool - like the eye of an crocodile.

Designdog, great work with the 25-50/4! I'd love to try this lens, maybe someday...

Peter, I hope to see that 105mm-stitch later. The landscape is highly photogenic.

Jeff, I just love, love, love the Twin Points! Beautiful photograph (-ed) and a conversion that really floats my boat

Tony, wow, love the rendering of the old 24/2.8! Very nice test-subject, and a tricky one - the venerable Nikkor did well against the sun.

georgms
Total Posts: 3487

Ray and Ray, Mark and Jeff - thanks for your comments on the hockey-shots!

Jeff - regarding the uniforms: it was a ĄThank-you-match", that's why the shirts were kinda wild.
But in general most team-sports-players here are looking like two-legged advertising-columns.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1115

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I appreciate them!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6118

kings_freak wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:

I really like this one, Jeff!

Tony

+1!!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3578

John, I don't recall, have you ever posted specs of your computer?
I gotta get an upgrade, I can't stitch tiffs only jpegs and 10 is just about the limit before MICE crashes. PS crashes at 8 images, depending on how detailed the shots are

MarkdV
Total Posts: 767

Hi All,
Snooping around for a reasonable quality 24 or 20mm lens. couple of options of a certain auction website, what's the going rate for a 24mm f2.8 Ai and is there a big difference between that and the Ai-s version?
Also seen a not too expensive 24mm F2.0 but Bjorn Rorslett doesn't seem too keen on this one, what's peoples thoughts?

Thanks!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Whoa! You're killing us with these shots Ray. I do believe the humble 100-300 f/5.6 AI-s is up to the task at 24 megapixels. This is a fine lens now that we're getting more light. I'll have to pull mine out and play a bit, though I don't have these exotic butterflies to capture. Beautiful images Ray. Excellent work on every level.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Kevin and Curtis. I thought that the 100-300 5.6 held up pretty well. Certainly not quite as good as the prime lens but it's versatility in focal lengths along with the excellent quality is definitely a bonus for this lens. I was able to buy her for around $100.oo
As an edit: perhaps this lens could be the next around the world lens? Whatcha think?

I agree with you Ray, not quite up to the primes. But I do like your images.

It's funny but when I shot Canon, I had mostly zooms and that seemed to be the trend. I see that a lot with Nikon users now also. I suppose they have their convenience, but I am just enthralled by the prime lenses. My zooms just seemed to sit and I bet I haven't shot with the 100-300 for 6-8months

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

georgms wrote:
Ray (from Florida) - beautiful work with the 85/1.4 and impressive demonstration of the 100-300/5.6's abilities when coupled to a D600 (and your hands). I'm still in awe about the size of the butterflies (everything's bigger in America, right? ).

Thank you Georg. A couple of people have mentioned about the size of the butterflies, maybe it's just that the flowers here are smaller

Reagan
Total Posts: 3106

Ray, Sent you a PM

Reagan

1       2       3              2764      
       2766              4369       4370       end