2752              5890       5891       end

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2929

Another with the 50mm 1.2 Net up will be the 1.4

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8410

rafaelcasd wrote:
georgms wrote:
Ronny, your work work is truly fabulous!

Rafael, your absolutely brilliant hawk-shot (at your posting a few weeks ago) was the reason for me to check the current offers for the 400/3.5 here.
But based on a gut-feeling I've just spent my lens-budget on another fine MF-Nikkor... I still look for a nice 25-50/4, your work with MF-Nikkors fueled up my NMFAS quite a bit ;-)
Thanks for your comment on the track-shots, I'm glad you like this set.

Peter. love the bike-set! The vintage 135/2.8 works great in your hands.

John, amazing seascapes with the 400/5.6 again. The sky is fantastic on the ferry-shot and the lonely canoeist works fantastic as "bi-chromatic" image.

Philippe, the lantern-image is outstanding in it's simplicity (in the best meaning). I like simple things: images and photographs that don't show the whole world in color and 3d at once, and your fine shot is a wonderful example.
Merci for your comment, I'm really glad you like my side trip into the world of colors ;-)
I don't feel really comfortable with colors and thankful for critical remarks (my color-crisis is still in full bloom).

Thanks Georg, that photo was of the right eye, this one is the left.

Finding a 400mm 3.5 is easy, finding a good clean one with little use is hard and our posting will drive the price up by $300.

A local guy on craiglist has had a mint version advertised for $2500 - about 2x too much . . . .

Otherwise I'd have a 500/4P or a 400/3.5 if I had not taken a recent foray into expensive Voigtlander land . . .

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1472

rafaelcasd wrote:

nikon nikkor 400mm 3.5 at 5.6 TC16A D800 Redtail Hawk 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Rafael, gorgeous Hawk!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

georgms wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
With all the 135-Q shots lately, decided to bust mine out of the bag... Couple of shots with the PK13...

_DSC8425 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Kevin, this image is one of your very best photographs so far! It's brilliant in every way: as a nature-picture it is "just a beautiful and technically perfect shot", but it's also very powerful and loaded with symbolism, which lifts this shot out of the "nature"-category.
I hope this^ doesn't sound too crude, I can't wrap it up better in words ;-)
Thanks for your kind words on the track-shot, much appreciated!

Danke schon for the compliment. I very much appreciate it. Incidentally, this it the first time I have tried split toning an image as well. It's very subtle, I got most of it right in camera, so I didn't do much beyond cropping. I spent a couple of minutes on this one in post where I spent probably ten minutes thinking about how I wanted to take the shot and actually taking it. I was also waiting on light as well.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

Just a sample of using the 35mm 1.4 at 5,6 for one type of photo and at 1.4 for another.

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 1.4 D3 Rudy T Band at 5.6 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 1.4 D3 Rudy T Band by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

Jeff - thanks

Kevin - super sunflower and the "birth of a flower" is really good. Hard to believe that you were suffering from self doubt a while ago as these are very accomplished.

Ronny - great group. Just an aside - I got a very sweet message with one of my early waterbird shots on the nature forum asking me how ducks could swim uphill

Rafael - the Corvette and Harley are excellent and I still love the hawk.
You are also going to start a new mania for the 35 1.4 with those two very good images!

Georg - just more excellent images of the navy and the boys sprinting is amazing

Doug - good stuff with the candles.

Jorge - I like the B&W's

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

Jorge, lovely shots with the 50mm 1.2. The people dynamics in the second shot are intriguing.

Philippe, also fantastic 50mm B&W. Simple and powerful.

Rafael, a selection of nice shots, love the Harley especially - caught the dreamy quality of these machines perfectly.

Ronny, loads of fantastic sets, love your work with the 135 and tubes, also the ducklings, very cute.

Philip, cute series of Margot.

Georg, enjoyed the selection of the Navy and the S-boot. also liked the 85mm PC at the track meet, have you considered using this lens at the hockey one time? I was thinking you could get some interesting goal-mouth action shots with it.

Peter, nice work with the 135mm, I especially liked the bikes.

John, love the shot of the ferry with the 400mm. I have just found out that my nephew is moving to Seattle, having been accepted to study engineering there (he says you have a good University for aeronautical engineering?). However if I remember right he shoots canon so ineligible for this thread.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

My walk took me to the butterfly area of the University of Florida's Teaching Garden and I was rewarded with some beauties. Shot with the D7000 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

I've been away a couple of days and look what happens, lots of fantastic images being posted! I think the caliber of work on this thread improves every week. Here's my contribution from guess where?

55/2.8 AIS Micro by Leighton W, on Flickr

This time I didn't use the radial filter, this is real light!

This guy caught me while he was buying flowers for his honey.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8410

MarkdV wrote:

John, love the shot of the ferry with the 400mm. I have just found out that my nephew is moving to Seattle, having been accepted to study engineering there (he says you have a good University for aeronautical engineering?). However if I remember right he shoots canon so ineligible for this thread.

Thanks Mark!

I am a graduate of the University of Washington aeronautical school (PhD) and still have dealings with some of the professors there. Is he in the undergraduate or a graduate program?

John

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

jhinkey wrote:
MarkdV wrote:

Thanks Mark!

I am a graduate of the University of Washington aeronautical school (PhD) and still have dealings with some of the professors there. Is he in the undergraduate or a graduate program?

John

Hi John,
He's an undergraduate. He just finished High School in Portland (OR) and then a year working in New Zealand, 3 months of that at an aeronautical company there (yes, we have them). He should do well, he's very intelligent and loves to study and has been fascinated by engineering since he was 6, or in other words he's the perfect nerdy little geek.

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

I just ran out of non-CPU lens data slots on my D600. It is time to buy some CPU chips for the most used lenses.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

pburke wrote:
I just ran out of non-CPU lens data slots on my D600. It is time to buy some CPU chips for the most used lenses.

Chris Dees from Amsterdam has chipped all his MF Nikkors. I guess for those more technically inclined folks this might make sense. But some of us are just lazy and don't mind changing lenses in the non-CPU register. I have more than nine...

Shot yesterday late in the afternoon, very much on the spur of the moment. One of these days I'll have to wash that window...

leighton w

Hey man, you didn't get all the caps straight!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

leighton w wrote:
Hey man, you didn't get all the caps straight!

I took six shots and returned to my computer to download them, then noticed one lens was still sitting on my desk, the 35 f/1.4 AI-s. The sun was dropping toward a nearby hill so I rushed to take new shots... You're absolutely right, the setup leaves much to be desired. The lenses aren't too bad though... Maybe we can play "name that lens..."

leighton w

It's haying time around these parts.

Haying 50-135/3.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Haying 50-135/3.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

rafaelcasd

CGrindahl wrote:
pburke wrote:

Chris Dees from Amsterdam has chipped all his MF Nikkors. I guess for those more technically inclined folks this might make sense. But some of us are just lazy and don't mind changing lenses in the non-CPU register. I have more than nine...

Shot yesterday late in the afternoon, very much on the spur of the moment. One of these days I'll have to wash that window...

The back row is easy: 400 5.6, 100-300 5.6, 300 4.5, 80-200 4.5, 500 8 c, 135 2, 105 1.8, 85 1.4.

rafaelcasd

rafaelcasd wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
pburke wrote:

The back row is easy: 400 5.6, 100-300 5.6, 300 4.5, 80-200 4.5, 500 8 c, 135 2, 105 1.8, 85 1.4.

The second row from the back is not so hard: 105 2.5 gauss, 85 1.8, 105 2.5 sonnar, 105 2.5 ais, 25-50 4, 180 2.8 ed, 200 4 qc.

The smaller ones need a bigger picture.

leighton w

I think the person who names them all correctly should win them!

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

Thanks guys
Love it Ray! Well done
Great shot Leighton

Snail

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

1       2       3              2750      
       2752              5890       5891       end