Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2739

1       2       3              2739      
       2741              3809       3810       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 8593

m1mgd00 wrote:
Love the macro shots!

Here is a recent one with the 28 f/2 AI. I didn't realize bikes could catch leprosy.

Welcome Mike, I'm looking forward to seeing images from your world.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

CGrindahl wrote:
Y.

Frankly, I'll be happy to box Nikki up on Thursday and pass her back to Ben. I'm exhausted!

well it's about time too!!!

these latest panos are very dramatic Curtis - don't think I've even seen San Fran from this angle.

ben

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

Reagan wrote:
Someone say Tulips
50 1.4SC

The bee landed at the same moment I pushed the shutter It was pure luck

Reagan

Reagan - are you kidding - that's amazing...and you nailed focus ??!

ben

leighton w

Ronny - Nice to see the human side of the family!

Georg - You have been doing exceptional work of late. The bonfire caught my attention because of the shadow to the left, was this due to fog or mist? The tulips with the 50/1.2 we're fantastic!

Reagan - Speaking of tulips, you nailed that one with the bee, well done.

Kevin - You nailed yours as well!

Ron - Thanks for keeping those up there, we have too many of our own. Barbara saw twenty last evening on the other side of the fence.

Jose - Thanks for taking us on a tour of these two ancient cities. I've learned a lot just looking at your photos.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
Y.

Frankly, I'll be happy to box Nikki up on Thursday and pass her back to Ben. I'm exhausted!

bruni wrote:
well it's about time too!!!
these latest panos are very dramatic Curtis - don't think I've even seen San Fran from this angle.
ben

Maybe I can persuade the USPS to reroute the package to the East coast.

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

Love your shots from Nikki, Curtis.

Here are two recent shots with the 16mm f3.5

Kry27
Total Posts: 127

Hmm, SO MANY posts over the Easter days... Been away, not able to post - let's try to catch up both reading (looking at) and posting.

A little series, 35/2.0:

"I know they have got something... on that table."

"Let me have ..."

"Gotcha! Roastbeef!"

"Wasn't me..." still we pushed the chair just a little further, out of reach...

Kry27

And then, a week ago, I got my "new" lens: the 180mm 2.8 ED

Running home, shooting all the stupid "yippieh ieh ey new lens shots", enjoying it... And I found my wife preparing the Easter bunnies:

I really like - besides the bunnies - how the 180 renders out of focus highlights...

And here's the whole bunch, 50/1.2 stopped down:

pburke
Total Posts: 1642

raboof wrote:
Love your shots from Nikki, Curtis.

Here are two recent shots with the 16mm f3.5

I really like the upper shot with the black ceiling filling much of the upper half of the frame. While scrolling down on the page I first saw only that half of the image - still love that even more than the full image (crop widescreen landscape upper half up, leaving just black and the hole in the ceiling with the great textures.) Cutting that part off the full image turns it into a gloomy abstract art shot. The whole image is great too - lots of things to discover, like the reflection on the bottom right.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3317

Wow Roland, your wife's really talented. Love the bunnies

Kry27

Thank you very much, I'll forward the compliment to her. She certainly is better a cook/confectioner/baker than I am a photographer...

Playing around, we found that they looked more like ghosts, especially when shot from behind (no pun...).

With 50/1.2, further open, for a really dreamy look:

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

Thanks,
Kevin,Samy,Scott,Peter,Ben and Leighton

Reagan

Roland, I like the color bunnies better They look more edible
Send some around the world like Ben did with Nikki
Start with me

Reagan

Oosty
Total Posts: 3940

Choung - very nice images with the 16mm

Roland - Love the bunnies. Enjoy the new lens/

Oosty
Total Posts: 3940

Another wet day here so back to playing with the macro stuff (i do have lots to learn).3 stack of a helichrysum foetida which had a diameter the size of a dime.

Used the 200 f4 +Pn-11 which may account for the crazy bokeh - also I haven't worked out the Combine program yet.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2463

Thank you Samy, Peter and Leighton.

Reagan & Kevin, wonderful bee shots;

Curtis, loved the tree canopies and the panos;

John, excellent comparison of not defish vs. defish images with the 16/3.5 + D300;

Roland, lovely cat sequence;

Peter, nice work; the flower itself looks like perfect; I have had sometimes similar troubles with the background of stacked images, mostly when some wind change the position of leaves. Did you have some strong wind when shooting?

Foggy14
Total Posts: 905

Samy, Ronny, Peter George and Ray in Ohio, thanks for the comments!

A few quick hits before I"m out the door:

Reagan, you've posted some really fine images in the past few pages. The stone stairway and the mountain chapel really stand out for me.

Leighton, "Kale" and "Tack" are great compositions.

Samy, love the animal shots.

Ray, great work with the wood and rust.

Peter, cool stack and great macro.

Kevin, the 6-shot HDR of the Golden Gate is very nice.

Georg, love the Easter-fire, the tulips and the lighthouse and sun star.

Jose, "Brickwork at Herculaneum" would make a gorgeous print.

John, "Long Distance Landscape" is a beauty, and so are your girls.

Agentbird, great work with the 45 PC-E.

Ronny, great outdoors shots.

Ron, nice ones of "Bambi."

Curtis, wonderful images with Nikki. My favorite is the land and sky-scape from Mt. Tamalpais.

Roland, great bunnies!

Reagan

Thanks, Jose and Jeff

Reagan

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11937

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I think it would be more difficult to view on most monitors Kevin. Besides these are always very subjective choices we make in how we process images. This was how I shot it, so I guess this is how I saw it.

This one is a bit easier. I couldn't resist adding one shot taken with Nikki. This was taken on the way up Mount Tamalpais. There are spectacular vistas in all directions from the mountain, but this is certainly one of the most dramatic. It is another wide shot folks...

Nice, I've never seen the city from this perspective. I bet the local developers salivate every time they think about what they could build on those hills!

One of the joys and wonders about Marin is how much land is protected from development because it is either part of a national park, state park or protected watershed. In addition, the Marin Agricultural Land Trust allows farmers to protect land for future generations and the Coastal Commission places strict limits on development at the coast. So it doesn't really matter what developers want... they can't have it...

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2393

Oosty wrote:
Another wet day here so back to playing with the macro stuff (i do have lots to learn).3 stack of a helichrysum foetida which had a diameter the size of a dime.

Used the 200 f4 +Pn-11 which may account for the crazy bokeh - also I haven't worked out the Combine program yet.

I have had this happen when I have done stacked images like this... What I have done to combat this is pull the stack into Photoshop and place it on top of the image that has the best bokeh and mask out the crummy bokeh of the stacked image (so on the background layer, the best bokeh, on the layer above, the stacked image). That way it will blend nicely if you are not perfect with the mask.

1       2       3              2739      
       2741              3809       3810       end