Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2738

1       2       3              2738      
       2740              3823       3824       end

kings_freak
Total Posts: 929

Hello all!

I have a 16mm 3.5 that has a factory conversion that I am about to put up on the B&S for $400, with shipping and Paypal included. I thought I would post here and see if anyone was interested before I put it on the board. If you are, please PM me.

Tony

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2406

CGrindahl wrote:
I feel like I have full-time job... Between shooting and processing images I'm busy all the time, but I still haven't made it to San Francisco. The weather forecast was for rain and overcast so I figured this would be a down day. But by mid-morning I saw some sun breaking through clouds over Mount Tamalpais and thought perhaps this was a good day to try Muir Woods again. It has been raining, so perhaps the tourists stayed home... They didn't. It was a mess again with full parking lots and visitors parking along the roadway for well over a mile past the entrance. I turned around with the intention of giving it up, but when I didn't see any cars waiting at the entrance to main lot closest to the gate I pulled in. Then I noticed someone getting ready to leave. I lucked out! Then I discovered for a one time fee of $10 I could get a "senior pass" that allows me a lifetime of free entrance to national parks and recreation lands. Not too shabby.

I took over three hundred photos today so it will take some time to review them and identify the keepers. Until I'm ready to begin major posting, I'll drop one shot on the thread. This is something we've seen before from John, who loves to point his camera up in the air and take a photo of tree limbs, though he generally uses the 16 f/3.5 AI and I used the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. Nikki did get a workout today, but when taking photos of tall trees I needed wide, not long.

There are redwoods. You'll see more of them...

I like this one. How does it look rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise?

Reagan
Total Posts: 2755

Tony, sent you a pm

No I don't want to buy it

Reagan

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11987

I think it would be more difficult to view on most monitors Kevin. Besides these are always very subjective choices we make in how we process images. This was how I shot it, so I guess this is how I saw it.

This one is a bit easier. I couldn't resist adding one shot taken with Nikki. This was taken on the way up Mount Tamalpais. There are spectacular vistas in all directions from the mountain, but this is certainly one of the most dramatic. It is another wide shot folks...

CGrindahl

Looks like I could have gone into the city and had a good day for shooting after all... Tomorrow I'll drive in and on Wednesday I'll take the ferry... I promise.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1016

Jeff, Shadow Hill II is my kind of landscape shot - nice foreground detail coupled with a great mid and far distance elements to keep the eye exploring.

Ronny, tremendous lighting on the rim-light shepard.

Leighton, I like brussels sprouts too, but only prepared in a certain way with bacon and some other goodies. Never liked it till I tried a well known steakhouse's take.....

Georg, love the pp on the lighthouse and sunstar.

Agentbird, the KL shots are nice, looks like you had some great vantage points. Any zero tilt shots to compare?

Ray

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1016

A little bit of Easter decor ... D700 105 f2.5 AIS

mp356
Total Posts: 3968

Reagan wrote:
Someone say Tulips
50 1.4SC

The bee landed at the same moment I pushed the shutter It was pure luck

Reagan

Beautiful tulips Reagan.

mp356

kwoodard wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Someone say Tulips
50 1.4SC

The bee landed at the same moment I pushed the shutter It was pure luck

Reagan

Love it! Had one of those myself. Think I posted it here before...but if not...

Series E 50mm, reverse Macro...

Up close and personal by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Kevin, very nice. If you did post it before, it is still worth a second look.

mp356

CGrindahl wrote:
I think it would be more difficult to view on most monitors Kevin. Besides these are always very subjective choices we make in how we process images. This was how I shot it, so I guess this is how I saw it.

This one is a bit easier. I couldn't resist adding one shot taken with Nikki. This was taken on the way up Mount Tamalpais. There are spectacular vistas in all directions from the mountain, but this is certainly one of the most dramatic. It is another wide shot folks...

Nice panoramic Curtis. Quite an impressive view. Is it much of a hike to get to this view?

m1mgd00
Total Posts: 118

Love the macro shots!

Here is a recent one with the 28 f/2 AI. I didn't realize bikes could catch leprosy.

And these are from last summer. First is wide open and the second is stopped down to f/2.8. The 28 f/2 AI is like 2 lenses in 1: oodles of character (aka spherical aberration ) wide open but stopped down it's as sharp as anything.

huddy
Total Posts: 1818

Some beautiful shots here. I am going to put up a nice 50-135 in the B&S in a day or two. PM me if you are interested.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5233

For Scott -

Here's a shot with the 16/3.5 on a D300 with some straight lines to show it without correction and with 93% correction in NX2. I have some perspective distortion due to having the lens tilted up just a bit, but you get the idea - most of the remaining distortion can definitely be taken out and you get about an effective 21mm FX FOV.

I loved using the 16/3.5 on my D300 for wide shots with a really small prime . . .

John

jhinkey

kwoodard wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I feel like I have full-time job... Between shooting and processing images I'm busy all the time, but I still haven't made it to San Francisco. The weather forecast was for rain and overcast so I figured this would be a down day. But by mid-morning I saw some sun breaking through clouds over Mount Tamalpais and thought perhaps this was a good day to try Muir Woods again. It has been raining, so perhaps the tourists stayed home... They didn't. It was a mess again with full parking lots and visitors parking along the roadway for well over a mile past the entrance. I turned around with the intention of giving it up, but when I didn't see any cars waiting at the entrance to main lot closest to the gate I pulled in. Then I noticed someone getting ready to leave. I lucked out! Then I discovered for a one time fee of $10 I could get a "senior pass" that allows me a lifetime of free entrance to national parks and recreation lands. Not too shabby.

I took over three hundred photos today so it will take some time to review them and identify the keepers. Until I'm ready to begin major posting, I'll drop one shot on the thread. This is something we've seen before from John, who loves to point his camera up in the air and take a photo of tree limbs, though he generally uses the 16 f/3.5 AI and I used the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. Nikki did get a workout today, but when taking photos of tall trees I needed wide, not long.

There are redwoods. You'll see more of them...

I like this one. How does it look rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise?

Love it!

jhinkey

CGrindahl wrote:

Curtis -

I need to visit you down in the Bay Area some time and bring my complete kit! I'd love to take pictures from a location like this. Love it!

- John

CGrindahl

You'd probably want to mount the 400 and have a blast! If you ever do make the trip south John definitely let me know. I'd be happy to do some shooting with you.

And Scott, it would be possible to hike to this location. I've hiked around the top of Mount Tam, but that was a few years ago. Starting at one of the reservoirs on the north side of the mountain, it is about a twelve mile loop. There are trails laced around and up and down the mountain from all of the communities in the vicinity. I even hiked one day from Muir Woods to the top of the mountain. By John's standards its small potatoes but it was serious hiking for me. I think it was a gain of about 2,000 feet and likely a ten mile round trip. But today I drove... thank heavens considering everything I covered today.

Here's a shot from higher up the mountain on the road leading to the summit. This is a four shot panorama taken with Nikki and converted to black and white. Working in black and white gave me much greater control over the challenging light created by the clouds.

I was out for the evening and have only scratched the surface of what I shot today. Tomorrow weather looks great, so I'll head to San Francisco for sure. Frankly, I'll be happy to box Nikki up on Thursday and pass her back to Ben. I'm exhausted!

Oosty
Total Posts: 3949

Jose - I love those images with the 400

Georg - really nice shots specially the bunny

Ronny - lovely portraits

Curtis - another luscious ... ice cream

Oosty

Jose - I love the Herculaneum images. It seems so much better preserved than Pompeii - pity I missed iot in "68!

Georg - looks like the snow is finally moving on. the buck is well captured and the tulips are wonderful

Samy - very good detail on the trunk

Reagan - the bee is superb

Kevin - stop showing off! You're going to start a whole new run of N(E)MFAS at this rate

Curtis - the ultimate dilemma. How to capture tall trees? I'm reminded of John Steinbecks "Travels with Charley" and how nonplussed the dog was when shown a lrge redwood. Steinbeck was hoping to photograph him lifting a leg but the dog didn't seem to realise that it was a tree!

Oosty

Ray - very clever bunny shot

Curtis - very nice landscapes

Mike - I like the bike and the day lilies

leighton w
Total Posts: 8617

mp356 wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Nice panoramic Curtis. Quite an impressive view. Is it much of a hike to get to this view?

Nice, I've never seen the city from this perspective. I bet the local developers salivate every time they think about what they could build on those hills!

1       2       3              2738      
       2740              3823       3824       end