Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2736

1       2       3              2736      
       2738              5890       5891       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Thank you Curtis, Georg and Chuong.

Kevin - I like the second shot, it looks very "old-timey".

Rafael - I love the look of the first image of the old truck. That lens looks very interesting in deed and you also did a nice job in PP.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

rafaelcasd wrote:
Went for the Sunday drive, had wanted to take the 5cm 2.0 S from 1959 out for a spin, this lens is very sharp closed down, but primarily I like the look wide open, very sharp center tapering off to unsharp edges gracefully, beautiful vignette, smooth bokeh.

Used on the D3, converted with Nik film effects to Kodachrome 64.

Mission Santa Ysabel, long fallen, current chapel is from 1924. Deep roots, for me as well.

on Flickr

Rafael, what a nice rendering ! Like it especially first one.

Lieutenant Z

Jeff, the b/w tree shots is nice
Scott, great colors
Peter, beautiful panos
Mark, great compo & framing

Lieutenant Z

Jeff's pine shot makes me remember this one taken in Provence with the 50/1.8 ais :

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Two shots from today, taken with certain thread-contributors in mind - one for Leighton:

Hausbaumhaus von georgsfoto auf Flickr
PC 85/2.8D, shifted all the way up, please note the beer ;-)

and one for Philip:

Heimat LXVII von georgsfoto auf Flickr
taken with the PC 85/2.8D too, some shift and max. tilt applied

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

rafaelcasd wrote:
Went for the Sunday drive, had wanted to take the 5cm 2.0 S from 1959 out for a spin, this lens is very sharp closed down, but primarily I like the look wide open, very sharp center tapering off to unsharp edges gracefully, beautiful vignette, smooth bokeh.

Used on the D3, converted with Nik film effects to Kodachrome 64.

Mission Santa Ysabel, long fallen, current chapel is from 1924. Deep roots, for me as well.

What a great lens !! I really the look of those first two images.

Would love to see more of this lens wide open if you get the chance.

Very nice.

markhout
Total Posts: 720

rafaelcasd wrote:

I agree - I love the 'draw' of those lenses where the focal length is measured in cm...!

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

Hi All,

Thanks for all the kind wishes for little James. It was a worrying few days for sure but now for him just a distant memory thankfully in the mean time it's back to normality here.
I took the 300mm f4.5 and TC201 for a walk to see what it could do for a bit of variety.

markhout
Total Posts: 720

leighton w wrote:
markhout wrote:
"Bizarro", Six Flags. There is nothing straight about the Bizarro...

105mm 2.5 AI-S, D800e, 1/8000 @ 4.0, ISO 500. Lightroom then Silver Efex Pro 2:

Love the perspective of this one Mark.

Thanks Leighton - let's say that I was glad to be on terra firma...!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

MarkdV wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for all the kind wishes for little James. It was a worrying few days for sure but now for him just a distant memory thankfully in the mean time it's back to normality here.
I took the 300mm f4.5 and TC201 for a walk to see what it could do for a bit of variety.

Mark, glad James is back to normal, love the creek bokeh with the 3000mm.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Enjoyed your Kodachrome 64 series Rafael. I'm going to have to explore Nik a bit more fully.

Over time we've share a bit with one another about our personal journey which is something I very much appreciate and enjoy. You occasionally make references to your heritage and what it means to be a Californian with Latin American roots. That makes your journey rather unique among the folks who hang out on this thread, though I imagine if we explored deeply enough we would find each of us has lived a remarkable life. I imagine, for example, that Georg who lives in what was once East Germany, would have quite a story to tell about that world and its eventual devolution. And Mihai has lived through profound changes in Romania, another former Communist satellite of the U.S.S.R.

I love that such a disparate group of individuals have found one another to share appreciation for these wonderful old lenses. We've got a good thing going here...

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2444

Great pictures everyone! Unfortunately I can't particularly comment at this time... As you may know I was scheduled for a hip replacement surgery today... but this past Friday my doctor called me and asked to postpone with about 2 weeks the surgery so I agreed with the new plan. Just saying!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

mp356 wrote:
Mark
Glad to hear your son is back home and recovering.
Scott

Absolutely. This is the really important stuff, all the rest doesn't matter.

georgms

Jorge, it's always a pleasure to see your work with the 50/1.2! Great to see you've captured another ambitious Nikon-shooter with a faible for fast manual 50's

Kevin, classic cameras are always a rewarding (?) subject. I like both shots, maybe the Kodak a tad more - the light works here great in my opinion.

Rafael, what a beautiful set from Santa Ysabel! Personal favs are the first 3 shots for their framing. The K64-preset looks great, will give it a try if I find a suitable subject.

Philippe, love everything about your pine-picture. Marvellous photography!

Mark (from Winterthur), I like the creek a lot. Glad to hear that your son is well again.

Curtis, I bet Mihai could share more interesting stories from the time behind the iron curtain (I was just 17 when the GDR "went south"* (no offence meant to Jose, Ben, Chin and other folks from the other half of the world ;-).
I'm glad that I've stumbled across this fine group: sharing fine photography, discussing technical aspects of MF-Nikkors and all this in a cheerful atmosphere.
*) just a try at proper English, the former GDR "went west" to be a precise...

Mihai, sorry to hear about the relay - it must be nerve-jangling to be treated like this.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Mark - I hope your boy will have a speedy recovery. It's hard to watch them suffer through any kind of illness.

Mihai - Stay rested. Have a smooth operation and a speedy recovery.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

Some great shots the last couple of days - if I don't comment specifically please don't feel hurt, I just wanted to post a couple yesterday before going to bed!

Thanks for the comments on mine. Appreciated.

Jose - your epiphytes are very good. Hard to get "green on green" to look like anything.

Chuong - your kids look like a barrel of fun. Nice pics and enjoy them while they're young - my little girl turned 39 today

Phillippe - the carved Madonna is special and the Provence castle is great

Ronny -as always your focus is amazing with your "best friend". Love the shot.

Jeff - the B&W Torrey pine is a knockout. Until now I always thought it denoted a golf course!

Leighton - I think all your latest shots are excellent - both market and exploration

Scott - another great tulip shot. Lets see some more spring flowers!

Mark - I get that sinking feeling in my gut just looking at that superb image of the Bizarro!!

Philip - such a happy smile! Glad she's feeling better for Dad!

Jorge - very nice series - glad to see a young "Nikon" convert. Looks like Mf glass too - great stuff.

Kevin - the Kodak is so moody and will make a great B&W the way it's lit. Well done.

Rafael - very nice shots, well converted. Is the vignette added or is it "as shot"?

Georg - good thinking in matching your very good images

Mihai - better to wait and have it done properly than having a rush job. Hang in there.

georgms

NightOwl Cat wrote:

I actually didn't get much shooting done in the two weeks I was off, but I'm sure that in the next 12 weeks, I'll get some shooting in, since one of my classes is Photography I, B&W and Darkroom Developing.

Laura, I hope you'll like developing and enlarging "real film" as much as I do. It's a great experience for every photographer.

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

georgms wrote:

Curtis, I bet Mihai could share more interesting stories from the time behind the iron curtain (I was just 17 when the GDR "went south"* (no offence meant to Jose, Ben, Chin and other folks from the other half of the world ;-).
I'm glad that I've stumbled across this fine group: sharing fine photography, discussing technical aspects of MF-Nikkors and all this in a cheerful atmosphere.
*) just a try at proper English, the former GDR "went west" to be a precise...

April 1986, on the other side of the wall where I used to live

Taken with Niklormat EL and 50mm f1.8 (the one I shot the strawberries with a few days ago), probably on Ektachrome

I was lucky to grow up on the west side, about 20 miles from the fence, near Kassel. When this stuff finally came down, I was already on the other side of the Atlantic.

georgms

A short series from today, subject was some modern architecture:

Jakobikirchplatz von georgsfoto auf Flickr
lotsa concrete - D3s, 20/3.5 Ais

lotsa metal too - D3s, 20/3.5 Ais

A sparrow is leaving the plane of focus - PC 85/2.8D (love this lens)

fun with the focal-plane, good bye reality (PC 85/2.8D too)

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

the third one is really cool - another mirror perspective to challenve the viewer's perception

1       2       3              2736      
       2738              5890       5891       end