Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2720

1       2       3              2720      
       2722              5888       5889       end

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Thanks everyone for your comments on the wren shot.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

So we finally ended up at the Hacienda de Vega to celebrate mothers day and my daughter's birthday. Nice local restaurant 25-50mm D800. I do not like what I get from the D800 on harsh sunlight, the camera has the dynamic range to tackle it, but I do not like the look, wrong color balance and odd contrast, will figure it out. Must be my monthly color crisis.

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido Hacienda de Vega by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido Hacienda de Vega 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Love this shot Scott... very nicely done. I enjoy the others as well but this one sparkles for me.

CGrindahl

Great shot Jose. You're close work is first rate with this an other lenses. Amazing how useful tubes can be with every lens in our kits. Here the 50 f/2 H.C. really shines. Nicely done.

CGrindahl

Wonderful shot of your boy Alan. And send along our thanks to Nikki for her guidance regarding your kit. We want you to be able to stop by from time to time and catch us up with your life in Texas. With a second child on its way, you're no doubt quite busy. Glad you stopped by.

CGrindahl

I'd like to post a few more photos from the car show yesterday, but these are of entertainers who performed. The harsh light made conversion with Silver Efex Pro 2 a sensible solution. These were all shot with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd.

CGrindahl

And a few more...

She knew the lyrics to most of the songs so I think she's a serious fan of this band. They were very good, so I can't criticize her taste...

pburke
Total Posts: 3006

Gotta follow up with a 105mm f2.5 AI'd shot - I always wanted to know what this would look like with a few fast strobes - oops...

pburke
Total Posts: 3006

more wet fun, these with the 50mm f1.8 AIS

did that shot at 8:30pm

all with D600, ISO 100, manual exposure 1/200s f/16, two remote strobes and wireless trigger, plus an old fishtank

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Peter, that looks like a lot of fun with strobes!! But what are you doing to that lens in the first one??

Scott, the first waterfall shot at the state park is terrific, should be good for a large print!

Leighton, hope your web connection stabilizes, the strawberries image is delightful.

Georg, very nice night image of the curving road and street lights with multi-rayed stars.

Ufdlim, while the 105 1.8 and the 135 f2 have CA especially wide open in high contrast edges, they are terrific portrait lenses. I especially like the latter. It can really blur out the background with its longer focal length and large aperture (and has the 9 bladed aperture).

Samy

saph

Curtis, the 28 PC is really very easy to use. The thing I have learned to be most concious about is keeping the camera as level as possible. If its not level the distortions are complicated and unforgiving. The front aperture rings threw me initially, but they are quite simple - set one to limit the minimum aperture, and the inner one sets the actual aperture. The edges and especially corners are a bit fuzzy when using the shift function, so one has to work around that. There's a straightforward screw that operates the shift function, and the lens itself can be rotated 360 deg so the shift can be done at any angle to the subject.

There's a couple ways I have observed Georg using the 28 that I want to copy some day And then there's the 24 PCE that Ben and couple others here show off which has the tilt function too, and is just a bit more expensive

I have a distinct feeling your shopping days are not done yet

saph

Alan, very nice image of the little one, and yes, please listen to Nikki and keep those Nikkors around to capture those precious moments.

Eventually, and it will be a while, point the camera at them and all you will get is a picture of a hand covering the face

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Thanks Scott, Georg, Jose, and Samy!

Scott - I don't know WHAT caused it this time, but it happens a lot. Rural internet.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
Love this shot Scott... very nicely done. I enjoy the others as well but this one sparkles for me.

I'm with Curtis, the whole set was very good but this one and the first one does it for me.

leighton w

georgms wrote:
Two images taken today with the 105/1.8 Ais - subject is a somehow "grown church", built out of willow wickers/rods. The tent/tarp was not part of the initial blueprint.
The surrounding (kiosk, lamp-posts) makes a clean shot difficult to say the least.

8 vertical shots with the 105/1.8 stitched

I just have my monthly color-crisis - some colors, especially the fresh green-tones and some red-tones seem to be out of whack.

Always nice to see some colors from you Georg. The greens look alright to me, just really bright from being Spring I think. BTW, I finally bought a calibrator for my monitor, makes a huge difference.

leighton w

huddy wrote:
Although I often toy with the idea of selling all my Nikon's and going fully film, my wife usually talks reason back into my head.

Good thing she does, as the shot below from the D700+105/2.5 wouldn't be nearly as quick & easy on a Leica or Pentax 67 as it was with MF Nikkors:

Alan, good to see you again. I love how they decide to fall asleep sometimes.

leighton w

Jose - I like the test shot with the 50, razor thin focus area.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
I'd like to post a few more photos from the car show yesterday, but these are of entertainers who performed. The harsh light made conversion with Silver Efex Pro 2 a sensible solution. These were all shot with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd.

I'm always shooting the acts that play at the Market, it's really hard to get the right shot at times. But you nailed it with this one, well done.

leighton w

pburke wrote:
Gotta follow up with a 105mm f2.5 AI'd shot - I always wanted to know what this would look like with a few fast strobes - oops...

I think you just gave some on here heart palpitations with this one. Cool shot, and so are the Strawberries.

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

CGrindahl wrote:
Nice to see you back Dean. When I saw those photos I thought instantly of Brad who was a great adventurer in his processing... and that was before so many of us invested in Nik software tools. I imagine you did these with a little help from Nik... as I did after shooting today. Lovely set of images Dean. I like the processing.

Thanks, Curtis & thanks to all for the nice comments

No Nik on these ... used some presets from VSCO and then proceeded to slide every slider I could . I really need to spend some time learning Nik.

1       2       3              2720      
       2722              5888       5889       end