Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2713

1       2       3              2713      
2714
       2715              4365       4366       end

asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 2676
Country: Brazil

Thanks Ray, John, Ray (Ohio), Jeff, Leighton and Rafael for the comments.

Curtis, as usual nice sets with Nikki, I liked particularly the B & W conversions;

Peter, lovely candid sets with the 500/8 mirror;

Jonh B, welcome and great debut shot (dog portrait);

Mark, amazing bokeh playing and self portrait



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 2676
Country: Brazil

Some more from Pompeii.
This is a example of street signs at Pompeii. Perhaps they spoked of "goat street" instead of the modern day archeologist's creations as Via della Abondanza, Via di Mercurio, etc.


Pompeii's street sign by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/5000s, ~5% cropped.
Ancient strret sign (in this example a goat) and below it the less elegant modern (made by archeologists) street sign.



Here we have the supposed Arch of Caligula framing via di Mercurio and the Vesuvius:


The (supposed) Arch of Caligula with Vesuvius at the background by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 320, f/8 at 1/800s, ~10% cropped.
This is a vie of Via di Mercurio leading to Mercurio tower. The arch is attributed controversially to Caligula, since during escavations a statue or bust with a similar face of this infamous emperor was found closeby.



jbailey930
Registered: Feb 13, 2008
Total Posts: 42
Country: United States

Wow, this is a great thread! Thanks for the nice comments on my dog. She is actually 12 y/o and may have cataracts but she is still a pup to us.

I hope to post more as I have a decent collection of MF Nikkors - 20 3.5, 28 2.0, 35 1.4, 50 1.2 and 1.4, 55 3.5 and the great 105 2.5



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

mp356 wrote:
Peter, very nice lightning image. Impressive to say the least.

Curtis, are we forming a NMFAS Virginia Division?

Great work and banter everyone.

Not much to take images of right now. Waiting for spring. Took this photo the other day.

Caption: Goose on left says to goose on right, "So if were going to live around here we have just got to find some open water!" Taken with the 50 1.4 ais.

Looks a little frosty. Great shot Scott!






pbraymond
Registered: Oct 23, 2009
Total Posts: 1102
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks Ray, my definition of March Madness includes the NIT, but I'm sure the NCAA frowns on my definition


I agree. Even with so much BB on TV, it's nice to have a live game to attend in my backyard, I find it just as entertaining and maybe more so sharing in the atmosphere.


Peter, the lighitng shots are awesome, what timing!

Curtis, you're recent efforts with the 24mm has me thinking about swapping the 28 f2.8AIS for a 24mm, though it's just in the thinking stage (this probably means "supplement" instead of "swap" ). I have so many ways to get to 24mm, just not in MF land :-). Nice pics with Nikki, though I agree with you that the landscape seems to lend itself to the 24mm more.

I'm having a blast reading the long glass "enablers" since they hold no temptation for me, don't think I'm up to hauling glass like that around often enough. I do enjoy the pics though, so keep them coming.



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 2676
Country: Brazil

jbailey930 wrote:
Wow, this is a great thread! Thanks for the nice comments on my dog. She is actually 12 y/o and may have cataracts but she is still a pup to us.

I hope to post more as I have a decent collection of MF Nikkors - 20 3.5, 28 2.0, 35 1.4, 50 1.2 and 1.4, 55 3.5 and the great 105 2.5



More than decent, an excellent collection with outstanding optics. Looking forward to see your photos.



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 3049
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
jbailey930 wrote:
Wow, this is a great thread! Thanks for the nice comments on my dog. She is actually 12 y/o and may have cataracts but she is still a pup to us.

I hope to post more as I have a decent collection of MF Nikkors - 20 3.5, 28 2.0, 35 1.4, 50 1.2 and 1.4, 55 3.5 and the great 105 2.5



More than decent, an excellent collection with outstanding optics. Looking forward to see your photos.


+1 to that!



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3576
Country: Singapore

Thanks guys
Here's something from earlier on in the evening
The swanky financial towers + residences

3 image shift stitch vertorama
45PCE



tumbler by Zichar, on Flickr


kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 3049
Country: United States

Went to the Jelly Belly factory on Monday. Was only able to take a few shots (and nothing inside) but this one was a standout.

Series E 50mm f/1.8
Camera Nikon D7000
Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture f/2.8
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 400
Exposure Bias +1/3 EV


DSC_7118 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 3049
Country: United States

My niece at the Jelly Belly factory. Her older sister is a hard one to get a picture of...

Series E 50mm again


DSC_7122a by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr


DSC_7130 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 6105
Country: United States

jbailey930 wrote:
Wow, this is a great thread! Thanks for the nice comments on my dog. She is actually 12 y/o and may have cataracts but she is still a pup to us.

I hope to post more as I have a decent collection of MF Nikkors - 20 3.5, 28 2.0, 35 1.4, 50 1.2 and 1.4, 55 3.5 and the great 105 2.5



How do you like your 20/3.5 on FX?

John (Seattle)



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
Went to the Jelly Belly factory on Monday. Was only able to take a few shots (and nothing inside) but this one was a standout.

Series E 50mm f/1.8
Camera Nikon D7000
Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture f/2.8
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 400
Exposure Bias +1/3 EV


DSC_7118 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

That's what I'm talkin' about Kevin. Terrific shot!!!
Your portraits are spot on good!



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 3049
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
That's what I'm talkin' about Kevin. Terrific shot!!!
Your portraits are spot on good!


Thanks Ray! I seem to do the best with my 50mm and the 28mm. My other lenses, I don't know what the issue is...



wapsijims
Registered: Jan 11, 2013
Total Posts: 21
Country: United States

I've been watching everyone's nice outdoor pics for the last few weeks hoping for some sign of spring here in Iowa. Yesterday and today the sun was out and it's in the 40's!!! I got a couple flowers of spring with my 105 2.5 and PN-11. I find hand holding isn't as easy, in spite of the many examples I've seen here, but still fun.

jim s



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Welcome Jim that's a great way to introduce yourself. Beautiful and color filled shots!

Ray



wapsijims
Registered: Jan 11, 2013
Total Posts: 21
Country: United States

thanks Ray. I've posted once or twice before, but mostly I just watch and learn, learn, learn.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
Some more from Pompeii.
This is a example of street signs at Pompeii. Perhaps they spoked of "goat street" instead of the modern day archeologist's creations as Via della Abondanza, Via di Mercurio, etc.



D7000 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/5000s, ~5% cropped.
Ancient strret sign (in this example a goat) and below it the less elegant modern (made by archeologists) street sign.



Here we have the supposed Arch of Caligula framing via di Mercurio and the Vesuvius:


D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 320, f/8 at 1/800s, ~10% cropped.
This is a vie of Via di Mercurio leading to Mercurio tower. The arch is attributed controversially to Caligula, since during escavations a statue or bust with a similar face of this infamous emperor was found closeby.

The Arch is wonderfully framed. Very nice Jose!



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4047
Country: South Africa

Two stacked images (Combine ZM) converted to B&W



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

^^^^^^^
WOW!



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 13308
Country: United States

pbraymond wrote:
...Curtis, you're recent efforts with the 24mm has me thinking about swapping the 28 f2.8AIS for a 24mm, though it's just in the thinking stage (this probably means "supplement" instead of "swap" ). I have so many ways to get to 24mm, just not in MF land :-). Nice pics with Nikki, though I agree with you that the landscape seems to lend itself to the 24mm more.

I'm having a blast reading the long glass "enablers" since they hold no temptation for me, don't think I'm up to hauling glass like that around often enough. I do enjoy the pics though, so keep them coming.


Frankly, I'm quite surprised to find the 24 so appealing. I've had the 24 f/2.8 AI-s in my kit for quite some time and it hasn't gotten much love, in part because I'm a huge fan of the 28mm focal length. I have three primes at that length including the f/2, f/2.8, both AI-s versions, and the 28 f/3.5 H AI'd that came with my relatively recent fixation on converted pre-AI lenses. I'll admit the 24 f/2.8 H.C. AI'd has taken center stage from time to time since its arrival, but i don't expect it to displace the 28s. But it is such a beautiful little lens that I love using it. I'm not certain I'll do the test Jose asked about, comparing it with the AI-s, but I expect it will continue to get plenty of use.

And I'm with you regarding long lenses. You own a couple of monsters already. I, on the other hand, made the decision early on that I didn't want big lenses. For that reason I opted for the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF and the 400 f/5.6 AI-s ED-IF, both of which are manageable in both size and weight. As appealing at the 500 f/4 AI-p is in terms of its performance, it won't ever find its way to my kit unless someone gives me one. That might actually motivate me to buy a tripod...



1       2       3              2713      
2714
       2715              4365       4366       end