Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2708

1       2       3              2708      
       2710              5885       5886       end

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5046

Oosty wrote:
5 pages in next to no time - awesome!

Thanks Leighton, Jeff (if I could get my hands on the Woody I could live in CA!), Scott, Georg and James

Ben - your Oz pics are great as always - pity we won't be there for some time if at all. I'd love to see your Sydney through your eyes.

Georg - all the cruise images are good but the 16mm shot is fantastic!

John - My monitor is exactly 1/2 the width of your panos which are delightful

Peter B - Sevier Lake is great and the aircraft shots are remarkable.

Phillippe - you like a British car? Thanks . You also seem to be everywhere I was in Provence 12 years ago. We loved Cassis and the calanques nearby. Lovely image.

Leighton - the little girl in the jacket is tremendous!

Rafael - the test images are good - the "ugly" ground cover is of South African origin, so be nice to us. Thank you for the D200 images - you remind me that it is a wonderful tool that I have yet to master.

Scott - the farmhouse images are really good and reflect the mood very well.

Jose - the "dry" macro is terrific

Jeff - ' " sand and wire" - 5 stars

Ray - I like your complex and the images are beautiful

Kevin - you are becoming the "master of macro" on this thread. (C'mon James that's a challenge )

Make it easy for me +1

Great shot Peter

Thanks to all who commented on my flowers

Some more

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

One great thing about the weekend is the number of excellent images that get posted as well as all the discussion.

Leighton - love the market shots, especially the B&W Basil and the Vendor's kid.
Georg - great shots from the cruise liner, lot the sense of elegance and space from the 16mm ballroom shot and the liquor cabinet.
Kevin - a plethora of great shots but love the balloons especially.
Ron - stunning flower pics
Jose - love your 55mm + TC201. I have that combo too but didn't think about bringing them together, that will have to change.
Ben - wonderful shots with Nikki, love the narrow Ally image especially.
Ray - lovely capture of the cheeky squirrel and the flowers that just melt in the background
Rafael - Great work with the 200mm
John - Great panos as always, worth getting up early for (well, certainly for me it was worth you getting up early. )
Peter (USA) - always enjoy your museum shots but especially the steely grey on grey of what I think is a B-58?
Peter (SA) - Love all the vintage car shots, love those Austin Healeys.
Ronny - you just added some amazing purple flower shots. Wow.

Lastly thanks to everyone for your kind comments on the set from Verona. I have one more set from Garda lake to post before my head gets turned with testing out the new lenses.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12616

MDoc9523 wrote:
A couple of shots using the 85mm 1.4 a sorely neglected lens in my kit! These were taken around our complex. The pond is right in front of our unit

leighton w wrote:
This one is gorgeous Ray. I'm curious though, why is the 85 neglected?

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you leighton. I used exposure plot and found out I only used the 85mm 1.4 - 7% of the time. My most expensive lens deserves more usage

Don't you like the FL?

leighton w

Ronny, love the light in this set.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Awesome flower shots Ronny.
I agree with Mark about the weekend. Makes my Monday not too productive.
I haven't pickup my camera in about a week. Looks like the cicadas are coming soon. I guess some macro works are coming

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

that is some sweet lighting and detail - really like this one

leighton w

raboof wrote:
Awesome flower shots Ronny.
I agree with Mark about the weekend. Makes my Monday not too productive.
I haven't pickup my camera in about a week. Looks like the cicadas are coming soon. I guess some macro works are coming

Time to get out and shoot Chuong. And thanks for your comment on the D600 thread.

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

jhinkey wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Last one of today. One of the vendor's kids.

[u/quote]

This one reminds me of something I should be seeing in the Nat. Geographic . . . .

John

+1

me too - that's exactly what it reminded me of - well done Leighton

ben

leighton w

Thanks Ben!

bruni

leighton w wrote:

Thanks Ben!

'morning Leighton

well, it had to be said

bruni

leighton w wrote:
Ronny, love the light in this set.

+1

seems like a change of pace for you Ronny - nice ot see.

ben

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
A couple of shots using the 85mm 1.4 a sorely neglected lens in my kit! These were taken around our complex. The pond is right in front of our unit

leighton w wrote:
This one is gorgeous Ray. I'm curious though, why is the 85 neglected?

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you leighton. I used exposure plot and found out I only used the 85mm 1.4 - 7% of the time. My most expensive lens deserves more usage

Don't you like the FL?

Yes especially for portraits. The bokeh is creamy which makes it wonderful for flowers. It is a lot sharper on my D600.

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

Playing with a recent toy (Thanks Leighton) taken close to 200 shots before I found one I liked
Not used to the push-pull lens still trying to decide if I like it
28-50 3.5
I have only scanned over the last 10 pages. Now I have to go back and read them. Some really beautiful images
Makes me feel like I am using a point and shoot
I have been playing with AF lately though

Reagan

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

I've been rather distracted of late as Sue and I consider whether we can tolerate living together... We're checking real estate listings in Grass Valley and Nevada City in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and intend to drive up tomorrow and check out the area. With so much on my mind about a possible move I really haven't had the capacity to give my full attention to this thread, but I know it is well managed by all the folks who've chosen to hang out around here. I do browse through the images and am always impressed by what folks are doing with these lenses. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd off my camera. Do I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?

Shot this today... a short break from flowers...

Okay, that's enough of a break...

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

I actually found a flower in front of my house - first flower shot with tubes for me

300mm f4.5 EDIF with K1 through K5 extension rings (about 2 inches), light fill flash, f/8 and 1/200s ISO100 on tripod

then I put the 105mm f2.5 on the same tubes, went to about 15" distance and tried a focus stack, but the wind was messing with me. The 11 image stack needed some clone tool fixup, but it's not a total loss (all frames about f11 1/100s ISO100)

meanwhile I caught this little rascal stealing part of my laundry line to build a hammock in his nest - crop from bigger frame with the 300mm f4.5 EDIF ISO 800 1/3200s @f5.6 - didn't quite get the focus on the bird before it left with the string

but he came back looking for more, and I had a few seconds to get one more shot

300mm f4.5 EDIF @f5.6 1/1000s ISO 1600, spot metered on the railing, camera supported on my kitchen table

no idea how the bird untied the string and got away with it, but I have a hunch the squirrels helped...

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

John, that is an impressive pano! Nicely done.

Peter, nice aircraft images and conversions. I like the gritty b&w texture.

Georg, I like the cruise ship interior. The conversion is very well done. Is it your livingroom?

Ray (FL), cute little friend and sweet flower images. Nice work with the 85 1.4.

Peter, love the Austin images. Sweet cars.

Ronny, beautiful backlit flowers.

Philippe, nice image of your daughter in the boat.

Thank you everyone for the comments on my images.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8401

Thanks to all that have commented on my recent images - I feel back I don't have time to thank you all individually.

It seems to me that there was a lull in image for a while a few weeks back, but now it seems that people are really stepping it up!
Tonnes of great images by many different people. This is what's keeping this thread more than just alive.

- John

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

Oosty wrote:
Some more from the car show.

The Borgward was a marvellous vehicle - the first passenger car to be produced in Germany after the war. My dad had two of them and part of my driving lessons were in an Isabella sedan lik the one on the left.

The company's history can be read at http://www.borgward.co.za/index.php/borgward-history/ - it may interest Georg

Peter, in El Salvador, Central America, my dad had a gray Borgward Isabella - very well made car. I was too young to drive it but remember it well - Thanks for sharing that picture!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8401

One last pano from Saturday morning - this one just before the sun actually came up - the Rhinie's "Blue Hour" at dawn.

This time with the 135/2 AIS using 4 landscape images. NX2 conversion to .tiff, then PS6 assemblage into the panorama with some cropping and light sharpening and finally downsizing to still break your screens.

John

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

jhinkey wrote:
One last pano from Saturday morning - this one just before the sun actually came up - the Rhinie's "Blue Hour" at dawn.

This time with the 135/2 AIS using 4 landscape images. NX2 conversion to .tiff, then PS6 assemblage into the panorama with some cropping and light sharpening and finally downsizing to still break your screens.

John

Love the deep dusk blue on this one John.

1       2       3              2708      
       2710              5885       5886       end