1       2       3              2706      
       2708              4304       4305       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7749

+1

mp356 wrote:
pburke wrote:
Some morning blend stacking:

setup just like the strawberry image above, but with Nikkor Q 135mm f2.8, and all my K1 through K5 tubes. I should have incremented the stack even slower, since there are some fuzzy beans in the pile. Vignette was added in post - the lens was just fine at the edges, but it looks better this way.

I used up some of those while processing the above images

I like the detail and richness in this one.

Goran, looks like a healthy bouncing baby boy for sure, and you definitely caught the love going on in those photos. Welcome!

GoranPhoto wrote:
A couple with the 105 2.5

Love that term,

rafaelcasd wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
huddy wrote:

Curtis, your work with Nikki is stunning, probably some of the best of the entire trip. Did her hood ever turn up?

+1000

Curtis has definitely been one-upping all of us former Nikki users . . .

Curtis has gone FriscoNikkilisticExpialidosus.

Lovely shots, Leighton, and I hate to tell you, but it's still snowing here, so you'll probably have more tomorrow.

leighton w wrote:
Well it snowed another 5 inches yesterday, I'm getting a little tired of Winter. It just makes chores a little harder. The Chickens definitely don't like snow, you have to go shovel a patio every time before they even come out to eat! All shot with the 28mm f2.8.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

jhinkey wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Kevin there is nothing wrong with your camera. It's metering for the overall scene. Bring up the photo in ViewNX2 right click and select "show lost highlights" You will see that the flower is completely red. That means you have lost the detail in those areas. By lowering exposure a couple of stops you can bring those details back. Flowers in direct sunlight are a challenge and you want to try and keep as much detail in your subject as you possibly can. Curtis is a master at this, I know because I have studied his photos in order to improve my own photos

+100 - perfect explanation and happens all the time with flowers and other stuff

Yep - very nice explanation. For me especially reds get blown very easy and then it's tough to get something nice looking in post. Bright pink has done me in a couple of times . . . . . I have to watch the color histogram quite closely if there is a lot of red in the scene that matters.

Thank you, Reds are particularly hard on a Nikon camera for some reason. That's the one thing that I found better on my Canon cameras. They did handle the reds much better.

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Nice shots, Leighton. Unbelievably, it snowed here in Richmond yesterday as well. Unlike you, I have no rolling vistas to contemplate, but some fairly large grounds, a variety of trees and plants, and a private lake (with fish.) Sadly, my local photographs started looking all the same about ten years ago! New dogs, new cars, older people.

But, its all good. Soon the warmer weather will come, and the 2013 golf season will begin (for me, at least.) Here is yesterday's snow with some help from VSCO and Neopan 1600...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7749

Since I really want to go out and play in the snow, but still have "the shoe", I played with some stuff around the house instead of doing homework . I think I needed the mind vacation.

MDoc9523

Love that last shot Laura!

MDoc9523

Flowers are all in bloom here in Florida.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9456

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Lovely shots, Leighton, and I hate to tell you, but it's still snowing here, so you'll probably have more tomorrow.

Thanks Laura, and it's still snowing here as well. If you look on radar, you can see the low spinning and we are getting the wrap around.

I LOVE your indoor shots! Hope you get the boot off soon.

leighton w

designdog wrote:
Nice shots, Leighton. Unbelievably, it snowed here in Richmond yesterday as well. Unlike you, I have no rolling vistas to contemplate, but some fairly large grounds, a variety of trees and plants, and a private lake (with fish.) Sadly, my local photographs started looking all the same about ten years ago! New dogs, new cars, older people.

But, its all good. Soon the warmer weather will come, and the 2013 golf season will begin (for me, at least.) Here is yesterday's snow with some help from VSCO and Neopan 1600...

Thanks. I can't believe you guys got snow too.

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
Flowers are all in bloom here in Florida.

Love this one Ray. And you're right about reds with Nikon cameras. My D70 was awful about that.

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

Awesome images all. I've been busy but did not miss a page since my last post

I did not have to sell 180mm f2.8 ED AIS and the 300mm f4.5 ED-IF!!!
I am glad that a few of us got the fever and picked some up.

MDoc9523

Thank you Leighton
Chuong looks like your sale went well and I am glad you got to keep those two lenses. They are gems!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2474

Great Shot Ray and Leighton

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Leighton
Chuong looks like your sale went well and I am glad you got to keep those two lenses. They are gems!

+1 me too.

leighton w

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great Shot Ray and Leighton

Thanks Ronny.

pburke
Total Posts: 2123

CGrindahl wrote:
Peter (Wisconsin) I love your close work. Those images are stunning. And thanks for the link to focus stacking. I'll have to give it a try. Interestingly, the fellow demonstrating the technique was hand holding his camera. Until I buy a tripod that is the only way I'll be doing it and I doubt it will be more than two images...

It should work fine - now that I know how photoshop does it. First it aligns the layers using the same brains it uses to stich overlaying images into a panorama. It finds matching features and bends and scales things until they fit. Obviously, the better the images overlap, the easier the alignment. I had very little shift between the layers once it was aligned, even though the focal length visibly changes when you change focus on the lens (rather than using a macro rail to move the camera).

The hand-holding technique should be great for extreme depth of field shots with handheld wide angles - two quick shots in succession, trying to hold still, while you turn that focus from high to low, then combine and you have better than f22 DOF while avoiding f22 abberations.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 856

Sick of cold weather. Sick of snow and longing for these days again. 50 1.4 AI-S

MDoc9523

^^^^^^^^^^
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end"

leighton w

rankamateur wrote:
Sick of cold weather. Sick of snow and longing for these days again. 50 1.4 AI-S

Amen brother!

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

^^^^
Curtis has to reason to be excited like we do. It's so "bleh" over the bay.

MDoc9523

"....but the snow is so pretty to look at"

1       2       3              2706      
       2708              4304       4305       end