Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2699

1       2       3              2699      
       2701              4376       4377       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13370

Another panorama with Nikki, this is five vertical shots taken from the top of the Marin Headlands looking down over the Golden Gate bridge toward San Francisco. I've shot from this location before but I wanted to give Nikki a chance to shine... she did... Again, 1600 pixels wide.

Photoshop is pretty amazing!

Oops! This was shot with the 35 f/2 O AI'd... my bad...

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3056

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Jose and Ray
Great shot Ron

Nikkor 135mm f/2 AI-s tc-200 teleconverter

Nikkor 135mm f/2 AI-s tc-200 teleconverter by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

This is an amazing shot! Love it!

MarkdV wrote:
Here is looking East to Liechtenstein.
Both shot with the 50mm f1.2 at f/8.0

My parents old house is in the direction of this picture. If there were still there, this was very similar to the view they had out of their back patio. Nice!

montym wrote:
An old friend stopped over this afternoon. Somehow he was given a camera bag with a bunch of gear. He passed it on to me. The only thing that caught my eye was a 50mm f/1.4 Nikon lens. Looks like it is an oldie, from http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html

50/1.4 S Auto NKJ LMIJ 5- 5 screws, wider focus ring, Ai kit 7 532011 532070 - 635350 103340 Jan 67 - 1968

It's not an Ai but it is in kinda nice shape. THe rear glass is filthy. THe front glass looks good. I don't see any internal mold or dust.

The most interesting things are the filter and the lens cap. The lens cap has metal "plungers" THe filter mas a METAL ring. I have never seen either... THe filter, other than being VERY dirty, looks ok.

I don't know what I'll do with it. Just thought I share my find.

Monty

Does the camera work? I am interested in that...

CGrindahl wrote:
Another panorama with Nikki, this is five vertical shots taken from the top of the Marin Headlands looking down over the Golden Gate bridge toward San Francisco. I've shot from this location before but I wanted to give Nikki a chance to shine... she did... Again, 1600 pixels wide.

Next Friday I will be at this very spot shooting probably my largest panorama of the bridge. If my math is right, I will have around 45 images that span nearly the same framing. (three rows, 15 images per row)

kwoodard

Reverse macro with my Series E 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8 (EXIF can't read a reverse mounted lens). Also used my SB15 Flash (its older than the lens, but still works great!) Intended to use it in the Weekly Assignments contest (which is shallow DOF) but I don't have a membership...sigh... I was shooting the f/1.8 lens from my old 8mm movie camera. The DOF here spans only the text...

DSC_7058 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

CGrindahl

Love this shot Kevin... very nice work. When we get close, all sorts of interesting things can happen. Well done.

And I am not ignoring your PM. I've been a bit preoccupied the last few days with the arrival of Nikki. I will get back to you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

CGrindahl

Here's a shot I took early Thursday before Nikki arrived, with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI with a PK-13 attached...

Some creative cropping done here...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6134

He was very tough to find in the night sky, especially with a nearly full moon coming up, but Meet Mr. PanSTARSS:

jhinkey

Here's one with the 400/5.6 ED AI and a context shot with the 16/3.5 AI. Wish I had a 400/2.8 or a 400/4 or a 500/4 . . .

Time for bed and warm up a bit!

kwoodard

CGrindahl wrote:
Here's a shot I took early Thursday before Nikki arrived, with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI with a PK-13 attached...

Some creative cropping done here...

Love it! I need me some tubes...

kwoodard

jhinkey wrote:
Here's one with the 400/5.6 ED AI and a context shot with the 16/3.5 AI. Wish I had a 400/2.8 or a 400/4 or a 500/4 . . .

Time for bed and warm up a bit!

First shot is great. Love night sky shots.

jhinkey

CGrindahl wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
I seem to be on a buying spree as I just bough Chuong's 20/3.5 and Don's 45/2.8 AI-P

Still missing that 500/4 AI-P, but that'll be a big decision to make and some glass will have to be sold for that to happen (and my wife equally treated in kind in some way)

I'm sure you haven't missed the pristine copy now on the Buy and Sell board... and yes, that is a real commitment, but for a stellar lens...

Yep, I saw it this morning . . . . the only piece of photo gear that I've bought that is more expensive that this is my D800 and I knew that was going to be a great purchase, but that much on a single prime lens (well I do have the 70-200/2.8 VR II) is a tough one. AND it's too big to hide in my office away from my wife's suspicious eyes when that big big box would show up at the door.

As usual, love what you're doing with Nikki Curtis!

- John

jhinkey

Of course I had a lot of time on my hands waiting for PanSTARRS to show, so I took these just after sunset.

The light was very nice and pretty dynamic . . .

leighton w
Total Posts: 9607

deang001 wrote:
Few street shots for Leighton

And a few cable car shots for Curtis

DSC_5774.180mm by deang0001, on Flickr
180mm f/2.8 Ai-S ... off to the hair clinic

Thanks Dean, I just love these, but this one stands out for me.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:

WOW Curtis, Nikki or not this is fantastic! I've made it my desktop. I love what you've been showing us with Nikki. She is one capable chunk of metal in the right hands such as your's. Now....how about some iconic SF street cars?

leighton w

kwoodard wrote:
Reverse macro with my Series E 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8 (EXIF can't read a reverse mounted lens). Also used my SB15 Flash (its older than the lens, but still works great!) Intended to use it in the Weekly Assignments contest (which is shallow DOF) but I don't have a membership...sigh... I was shooting the f/1.8 lens from my old 8mm movie camera. The DOF here spans only the text...

DSC_7058 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Very nice Kevin. The conversion works perfectly.

leighton w

jhinkey wrote:
Of course I had a lot of time on my hands waiting for PanSTARRS to show, so I took these just after sunset.

The light was very nice and pretty dynamic . . .

I love the cold tones of this one John, well done.

saph
Total Posts: 2444

More with the 135 f2 AI.

This deer was cropped from a picture of a large herd which literally passed through in a matter of maybe 30 seconds, just enough time to grab the camera, adjust shutter speed and aperture and of course turn the focus ring The rest were in a rush to get to where they were going, but this one stopped and stared back through the window.

1/1600s, f/5.6, ISO 640.

And a kitty picture, same lens. 1/400s, f/2, ISO 640.

saph

+1 on the Hair clinic system Dean!

leighton w wrote:
deang001 wrote:
Few street shots for Leighton

And a few cable car shots for Curtis

180mm f/2.8 Ai-S ... off to the hair clinic

Thanks Dean, I just love these, but this one stands out for me.

saph

John, very nice work on the comet, I especially like the 400 5.6 image. The 500 F4P will really suite your landscape/astro work. I am presuming its sharp across the frame, I have never really tied looking closely at edge IQ on mine though.

Kevin, great reverse macro work. That's the toughest since you are really without any exposure info.

Curtis, terrific pano of the Golden Gate bridge. Is that little islan behind it Alcatraz. My SF geography is weak since I haven't been there in quite a while.

Mark, hope everything's fine with your eye. That's scary to get any injury in the eye area.

Samy

leighton w

saph wrote:
More with the 135 f2 AI.

This deer was cropped from a picture of a large herd which literally passed through in a matter of maybe 30 seconds, just enough time to grab the camera, adjust shutter speed and aperture and of course turn the focus ring The rest were in a rush to get to where they were going, but this one stopped and stared back through the window.

1/1600s, f/5.6, ISO 640.

Nice pic of one of my dreaded enemies!

rankamateur
Total Posts: 860

leighton w wrote:
saph wrote:
More with the 135 f2 AI.

1/1600s, f/5.6, ISO 640.

Nice pic of one of my dreaded enemies!

+1 Nice shot of Bambi Sam

1       2       3              2699      
       2701              4376       4377       end