Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2686

1       2       3              2686      
       2688              4434       4435       end

mp356
Total Posts: 4449

MDoc9523 wrote:
Some fun on a rainy day. In between down pours I put the 105mm 2.5 P on my D600. I was really surprised how much I like this lens on full frame. It has gone from a lens I was never too fussy about to one I really enjoy using. The only downside is that I wish it focused closer. I guess I now I really understand Curtis and his tubes

Great stuff Ray! You are doing wonderful work with the D600.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Thank you Samy, Curtis and Scott

MDoc9523

CGrindahl wrote:

Love your close work with the D600 Ray. I'm not surprised that you'd find a new relationship with the 105 not that you're shooting FX. I own four lenses at that focal length, at least in part because I love it so much. Of course, NMFAS which has been much discussed of late, probably had something to do with it...

I visited a friend his morning and saw these flowers as I was leaving. I had to walk to my car to pick up my camera so I could take a few shots. I mounted the 135 f/2 AI-s, first with the PK-13 extension. I later took the tube off. Here are two perspectives of these flowers.

What a sharp and colorful shot - amazing!

mp356
Total Posts: 4449

Anyone looking for a bit of reach, there is a 600mm 5.6 Ai on the BS board.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3598

Thanks guys, the other dog’s actually Oolong’s elder sister (wife says the eyes are a dead giveaway ).
We borrowed her from her owners for half a day, going to the beach and such (AF only sorry)
She’s a lil’ shy, and took her a bit to warm up to us naturally, foreign environment and alien handlers
But she recognises my wife, so followed the sound of her voice to look at the camera
Treats came later

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 221

CGrindahl wrote:
Mike your Aurora Borealis photos are breathtaking. You honor us by sharing them on this thread. That they were taken with the wonderful MF Nikkors we're celebrating here is inspiring. You mention modifying your kit, selling a couple of MF lenses and adding the 20 f/2.8D. I wonder it you can't get where you want to go with the 20 f/2.8 AI-s. I ask selfishly, because the MF lens would permit you to continue sharing these images, but the AF lens doesn't. I imagine you have your reasons. If you're using it for real estate work there may be some appeal to having AF.

Keep em coming Mike...

I have not dug into the optical formula differences if any between the 20mm AIS, AF, and the AF-D. I use speedlights in i-TTL so the AF-D would be the best choice there. I do prefer to use AI, AIS lenses for the cold night work as I don't feel too bad when they frost over at -35°. The 24mm and 28mm and 35mm all have nasty distortion wide open that forces me to give up 2 stops to get pin point stars. Only the Noct is relatively distortion free at ƒ/1.2

I still have boat loads of MF Nikkors but I would be posting fewer Aurora shots.

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

I don't even know where to begin with comments, there have been so many good shots! Jose's continuing Pompeii series, Ray rocking the D600 and Mike's beautiful aurora borealis shots were some of the standouts.

–Tony

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7906

BRAVO. deserves another peek!

mike-in-ak wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Mike, can't get enough of the lights but just my 2 cents. I think they would look better without the borders

Reagan

Some like frames, some don't. Can't please everyone.

Here's one just for you.

NightOwl Cat

VERY CUTE!

mp356 wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Sorry Ben, was busy over the weekend, couldn't put the 45 through the paces
Here's one from Sunday afternoon...

Seeing double

beverage family (CKC_9390) by Zichar, on Flickr

Nicely done Chin. Were there treats just off camera?

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3137

Some of my early results with the Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. Most of these are at 5.6.

DSC_7022 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_7028 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_7036 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_7019 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

A bonus shot from the Series E 50mm... Played around with this one. I like how it turned out, what do you all think?

DSC_7044 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

NightOwl Cat

Really nice shots, Kev, and that last one really looks like a period piece.

MDoc9523

NightOwl Cat wrote:

+1 I agree whole heartily!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6230

Thought the weather here in Seattle has been somewhat cooperating, my schedule has not, so I've missed a bunch of shooting opportunities both during the day and night time.

Managed to stuff the 400/5.6 ED AI in my camera bag along with my laptop down at the beach the other day. CPL on and hand held, thus the ISO. Nothing super interesting, but at least it's something!

John

kings_freak

jhinkey wrote:
Thought the weather here in Seattle has been somewhat cooperating, my schedule has not, so I've missed a bunch of shooting opportunities both during the day and night time.

Managed to stuff the 400/5.6 ED AI in my camera bag along with my laptop down at the beach the other day. CPL on and hand held, thus the ISO. Nothing super interesting, but at least it's something!

John

I certainly know that feeling! Glad to see you got out for a little bit at least. I liked this one.

–Tony

kings_freak

NightOwl Cat wrote:

VERY CUTE!

mp356 wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Sorry Ben, was busy over the weekend, couldn't put the 45 through the paces
Here's one from Sunday afternoon...

Seeing double

beverage family (CKC_9390) by Zichar, on Flickr

Nicely done Chin. Were there treats just off camera?

+1 on the cuteness! They look very well behaved.

–Tony

kings_freak

kwoodard wrote:
Some of my early results with the Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8. Most of these are at 5.6.

DSC_7036 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

A bonus shot from the Series E 50mm... Played around with this one. I like how it turned out, what do you all think?

Nice set Kevin! This one was my favorite. Good job on the processing of the car shot.

–Tony

Oosty
Total Posts: 4051

MDoc9523 wrote:
Some fun on a rainy day. In between down pours I put the 105mm 2.5 P on my D600. I was really surprised how much I like this lens on full frame. It has gone from a lens I was never too fussy about to one I really enjoy using. The only downside is that I wish it focused closer. I guess I now I really understand Curtis and his tubes

Ray these are gorgeous. Are they cropped at all? The iris is excllent and the butterfly superb.

Oosty

CGrindahl wrote:

Love your close work with the D600 Ray. I'm not surprised that you'd find a new relationship with the 105 not that you're shooting FX. I own four lenses at that focal length, at least in part because I love it so much. Of course, NMFAS which has been much discussed of late, probably had something to do with it...

I visited a friend his morning and saw these flowers as I was leaving. I had to walk to my car to pick up my camera so I could take a few shots. I mounted the 135 f/2 AI-s, first with the PK-13 extension. I later took the tube off. Here are two perspectives of these flowers.

Beautiful image with tube.

Oosty

MDoc9523 wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

+1 I agree whole heartily!

+1 Me too!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9778

MDoc9523 wrote:

I really like this one Ray. I too found that the 105 FL was like discovering a whole new lens, I just don't seem to get mine mounted enough.

1       2       3              2686      
       2688              4434       4435       end