Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2651

1       2       3              2651      
       2653              5887       5888       end

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Jose, cool Napoleon history in Italy. And both images with the 20 and 85mms are crisp sharp!

Ray, that owl is superbly captured and seems to be posing for effect!

Very nice Philippe, I like the first two with the 85HC the best, there seems to be a pattern there.

Curtis, bright sharp flower with the 300 + PK-13!

Craig, that dull gray snow is a reminder of the long winter some of us have had, hope Colorado warms up soon.

Sam, excellent capture of the stormy sky in Texas!

Chin, nice abstract on the water melon.

Georg, liked the water fountain image! Makes me think of the 35 1.4 AI or AIS. But must not be tempted!! And what a catch of that seal heading the soccer ball with the 135 f2, terrific!

Ronny, very nice birding with the 180 + TC combo.

Pburke, beautiful California landscape and look forward to your trip photos.

Mike, not sure if you have posted here before, but those images with the 55 3.5 Micro are superb. I especially liked the first one.

Deadhumpy (hope to see a name soon), very nice pic of the dog. If you are from Kodiak, Alaska, look forward to seeing some Alaska scenery.

Philippe, just came across your earlier photo of the street scene from Nancy (guy sleeping and the out of focus woman walking). Superb capture, colors and composition as always.

Mark, good to see you birding also with the 180 + TC combo. Very nice pictures! You will love the 24 2.8 for the snow and mountain scenics.

Scott, nice image, and I am sure the spring colors are headed your way soon too.

Chuong, nice images at the cemetery.

Philip, good to see scenes from Toronto again!

saph
Total Posts: 3699

And Leighton, where's more market scenes?

digitalthump
Total Posts: 208

Couple from today after shoveling a foot of snow off the deck, budding Aspen. 55mm 2.8 + pk-13.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

CGrindahl wrote:
Here's a photo taken half an hour ago that I uploaded after beginning this message to see how things are working.

Un-cropped, simply resized.

Hi Curtis,
I cannot see this photo, I get a big black square with a white no entry sign.
The others you have posted since are fine though.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

I just realized what is happening Mark. For some photos I upload, they end up distorted in the Picasa online album. In fact, when I post a link to FM they look fine, but I get frustrated with my album loaded with distorted images. I'm guessing that when I correct the problem, it effectively destroys the link to images previously posted. I guess the solution is to make corrections before I post the image so they don't disappear on this thread later when I deal with the problem. I've posted a comment on the Picasa website and hopefully I'll get a response. Of course, it is also possible the problem is with my operating system. It is definitely frustrating...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8403

Taking a quick vacation this week while the girls are on Spring break.
Took the 16/3.5 AI, 45/2.8 AI-P, and 400/5.6 ED AI (along with a few others).

Here's some from today:

CGrindahl

What a wonderful set of images John and what a great kit of lenses to be using. I do believe that 45 is going to serve you very well. I love the color and contrast it produces. We know, of course, that the other two lenses you mention are first rate. Have fun with your daughters.

CGrindahl

Another yellow rose bush...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8403

Had an hour to make a few shots:

Oosty
Total Posts: 4209

John - super series of a beautiful place

Curtis - the roses are outstanding

CGrindahl

Thanks Peter. Remarkably, the very bright light mediated by extension tubes and spot metering, can create some delicious results. All I have to do is hold the camera steady... Yes, it helps to have sharp glass, but then that is what all of us are using. Nikon has served us well.

This one was tricky because the dark rose shot with spot metering messed with exposure. I had to step back from a seriously over-exposed image. (2 and a half stops, to be exact.) The D700 did not fail, nor did Lightroom. This was shot with the 300 and PK-13 at 1/250th of a second, hand held, of course. It is a crop.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4209

Todd wrote:

Hello Peter, I took a look at the photo samples that you posted, those look really good to me. I think I am not getting as sharp image because I am using a D800E. 36.3 megapixel resolution will probably out render this lens! I recently got rid of a Nikon 80 200 mm f/2.8D lens because it was not good enough for the D800E, I never really got sharp images from that lens because it could not produce good sharpness at that resolution. So far I can hold the camera and lens just fine as long as I use auto ISO and set my minimum shutter speed to 640. I did some shortness tests last night using my tripod and mirror lock up along with a cable release and taking sample images of random objects and focusing the lens using live view, There's no doubt that the optics on this lens are very sharp and clean. I just have to use a tripod I guess most of the time whenever I'm shooting a landscape or sunset, or a image of the moon. As soon as I get some really good samples, I will post them online so everybody can see. Thanks, enjoy the rest of your day.

Todd

Hi Todd - It could be that the D800E outrenders the lens but it would probably be impossible to see on a computer screen. I think it would be a good idea to mount it on a tripod and to take pics at at least 1/1000 second - 640 is probably a bit slow. As I mentioned earlier focus is critical with this lens despite the f8 aperture.Also the subject can't be too far away or haze could affect the IQ. Look forward to your images.

Peter

MarkdV

jhinkey wrote:
Had an hour to make a few shots:

And that was an hour vey well spent. Lovely shots John.

And your other set was very nice too, great use of the 16mm and it reminds me that I am in Nova Scotia this summer, I have to remember to plan a trip to the spot my wife and I got married while we are there. The 45mm seems to be doing very nicely with you.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

saph wrote:
And Leighton, where's more market scenes?

Gotta wait til Saturday.

leighton w

jhinkey wrote:

Vacation? What's a vacation?

I love the second set, especially the pylons.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:

This one was tricky because the dark rose shot with spot metering messed with exposure. I had to step back from a seriously over-exposed image. (2 and a half stops, to be exact.) The D700 did not fail, nor did Lightroom. This was shot with the 300 and PK-13 at 1/250th of a second, hand held, of course. It is a crop.

Gorgeous!

MarkdV

leighton w wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

For a farmer that's the day a year when Sheep aren't lambing, earth doesn't need ploughing, seeds don't need sowing, hens need feeding, eggs need collecting, pigs need swilling, wheat doesn't need reaping, fruit doesn't need plucking, fields don't need fertalising, crows don't need scaring and farmers markets don't need managing.
Vacation.

leighton w

jhinkey wrote:

leighton w wrote:

MarkdV wrote:
For a farmer that's the day a year when Sheep aren't lambing, earth doesn't need ploughing, seeds don't need sowing, hens need feeding, eggs need collecting, pigs need swilling, wheat doesn't need reaping, fruit doesn't need plucking, fields don't need fertalising, crows don't need scaring and farmers markets don't need managing.
Vacation.

And WHAT day might that be?

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9304

Wow. Too bad you couldn't share. Ninety days to move isn't that long, and for that kind of uprooting, it's even worse. Moving to FL in mid-summer would not be kind to either of you. UGH.

CGrindahl wrote:
Would you believe Ray, that I've been looking at real estate to buy in Florida... and that after seeing your excellent photos of the owl? Sue has been given notice where she lives and must vacate in 90 days. She has been in her affordable apartment for 15 years and is quite concerned that she won't be able to find a rental that she can afford. And wherever Sue is, I'll be... We hope it will be here, but a fall back position might be to move to where prices are affordable. Since Sue has family in Delray Beach we might consider that a fallback. So your owls got me looking Ray...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9304

Thanks for the comments on the museum shots everyone, and yes, sleepy me posted the same shot twice, now fixed.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/2778#11486017

1       2       3              2651      
       2653              5887       5888       end