Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2405

1       2       3              2405      
       2407              4378       4379       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3493

Some shots from the beach - all taken this chilly sunny morning with the PC 85/2.8D wide open and hand-held:

backlit mussel - this was the only shot that showed a tiny bit of CA's when still in color

no food for this seagull, but at least some sunrays

leighton w
Total Posts: 9619

I love these Georg. At first glance I thought the first one was a spoon.

The last one is intriguing me, the more I look at it the better I like it. Whats making the OOF points at the bottom, cool effect.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3585

^Agreed, very cool. Looks like part of the fence?

Zichar

Ah they're ok to be released. Here's what I was talking about Ben, trying to clear the heads and necks of the guitars on the floor. Handheld + shift, 45PCE

sweelee_005 by Zichar, on Flickr

Zichar

And another, handheld + shift, 45PCE; was running out of time to shoot in the store
3-shot burst blended manually

sweelee_003 by Zichar, on Flickr

mp356
Total Posts: 4417

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Here is a shot with tripod :

Oh my Philippe. This shot is fantastic. Great lighting, composition, shadows, etc....... Had to repost it here for all to see again.

Thank you for the comment on my snow image.

leighton w

Chin, I love these two, especially the first one. No, I take that back, I like them both equally well.

mp356

georgms wrote:
Some shots from the beach - all taken this chilly sunny morning with the PC 85/2.8D wide open and hand-held:

backlit mussel - this was the only shot that showed a tiny bit of CA's when still in color

Georg, very nice set of images. I too thought the first one was a spoon at first glance. Both the first and third ones here are my favorites. Nice b&w conversions.

Thank you for the comment on my snow images.
Scott

mp356

Zichar wrote:
And another, handheld + shift, 45PCE; was running out of time to shoot in the store
3-shot burst blended manually

sweelee_003 by Zichar, on Flickr

Chin, these guitar shots are very nice. Great clarity, color, and detail. Nicely done.
Scott

mp356

Leighton, thank you for the comment on the door image. I am still thinking about your ice on the fence post at sunset image. It is a beauty.
Scott

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3039

Leighton, Georg, Scott thanks for nice comment

Georg : that set shows your T/S lens at its very best. Love both of them but especially the last one

Chin : beautiful shots with 45 PCE, great color, very nice composition.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 768

Philippe, love the tripod 24mm shot, très bon.

Georg, The seagull shot gets me, the last one as well with the pattern from the out of focus parts of the fence.

Chin, fantastic guitar pics.

Rafael, I like very much your ghostly runner shot, the colours are really interesting and the detail amazingly sharp.

Ray, amazing shots of Billy Ocean (though he's older than I remember him from the 80's), I love the second one especially.

Tony, brillant pano from your new 55mm, it seems really vibrant.

Philip - lovely shots from Newfoundland. The baby suit is cute but I especially like your shot 'Luke'. That 28mm sure lives up to its reputation.

Lastly thanks Leighton, Philippe, Georg, Ray and Tony for your kind works on the big sky pics. Sorry I don't have time to go back over all the fabulous pictures on the past few days.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2549

Amazing Z :-)
Chin: Beautiful shots with 45 PCE
George: Great shot
Have today received my lens .. a Nikon 105 f2.5 Ai and a Nikon 135 f2 Ais
On nikon 135 f2 ais Showing sadly mistaken focal length in exif 35mm instead of 135mm
it is chipped but is probably not right .. aperture displays correct.
Anyone have any idea why? is it that it is wrong chip?
So, I might live with .. were in good condition ..
begins with some boring pictures maybe but have not had time to test as much
But have been out for a while and took some pictures of my dog that I put up during
evening might

Ronny / /

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 135mm f/2 lens ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w

Ronny, congrats on the new lenses. Just know that there is no known cure for this decease!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7848

wow, and Caribbean Queen just got stuck in my head. Beautiful shots!

MDoc9523 wrote:
I have been editing some photos that I had been neglecting for quite a while. These were taken with the 80-200mm 4.5 AI These shot of Billy Ocean were taken at Disney. Here a link to the entire folder. http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/p898490856

MarkdV
Total Posts: 768

Christmas is a time for family so here's my current MF "Family" taken with a borrowed 105mm f2.5.
From (physically) smallest to largest:
28mm f2.8 series E
50mm f1.2 Ai
55mm f2.8 micro Ai-S
105mm f2.5 Ai-S
35-70mm f3.5 Ai-S
75-150mm f3.5 series E
180mm f2.8 Ai-S
300mm f4.5 Ai-S

I haven't yet given the 180 or the 55 micro enough work, but the rest I manage to get onto the camera at least semi-regularly and surprisingly I really like everyone of them. A pity since I have only 1 more slot in the cameras banks for non-cpu lenses and I can see a couple of gaps in the lineup, like 85mm and a bargain but mint 400mm or 600mm (ok, dreaming a bit there).
I guess if Curtis took this shot he's need to take it with a 16mm to get them all in.

Also a quick shot with the 180mm just for good measure, I really need to go for a long walk with this beauty.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7848

+1

leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Here is a shot with tripod :

WOW! There's nothing I don't like about this shot. It has to be one of your all time best! LOVE IT!

leighton w

MarkdV wrote:
Christmas is a time for family so here's my current MF "Family" taken with a borrowed 105mm f2.5.
From (physically) smallest to largest:
28mm f2.8 series E
50mm f1.2 Ai
55mm f2.8 micro Ai-S
105mm f2.5 Ai-S
35-70mm f3.5 Ai-S
75-150mm f3.5 series E
180mm f2.8 Ai-S
300mm f4.5 Ai-S

I haven't yet given the 180 or the 55 micro enough work, but the rest I manage to get onto the camera at least semi-regularly and surprisingly I really like everyone of them. A pity since I have only 1 more slot in the cameras banks for non-cpu lenses and I can see a couple of gaps in the lineup, like 85mm and a bargain but mint 400mm or 600mm (ok, dreaming a bit there).
I guess if Curtis took this shot he's need to take it with a 16mm to get them all in.

Also a quick shot with the 180mm just for good measure, I really need to go for a long walk with this beauty.

Nice to meet your family Mark, and what a handsome group they are! You better find away to mount the 180mm though.

Lieutenant Z

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
On nikon 135 f2 ais Showing sadly mistaken focal length in exif 35mm instead of 135mm
it is chipped but is probably not right .. aperture displays correct.
Anyone have any idea why? is it that it is wrong chip?

Ronny, I don't really understand what the problem is.
That's a non CPU lens ( works like a ZF) : don't forget you have to specify lenght and aperture in the non D700 non-CPU data menu.
Look at the D700 manuel page 210.

Lieutenant Z

Thanks Laura!

1       2       3              2405      
       2407              4378       4379       end