Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2296

1       2       3              2296      
2297
       2298              4430       4431       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9771
Country: United States

Mark, good to see you back on here. I like the "beacon in the night".



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2489
Country: United States

Snow in Tampa??

MDoc9523 wrote:
From my new Flickr account




saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2489
Country: United States

Agree with Ray on the colorful shot. Jeff, great work in bringing out the colors from that Western Electric tube.

Samy

MDoc9523 wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:
I was playing around with the PK-13 extension tube on my 105mm 2.5 ais last night. The subject was a Western Electric 300B audio tube that puts out some nice warm colors in a long exposure.

Cheers, Jeff.

Fabulous photo Jeff I love it!



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2489
Country: United States

Peter, the dog and tarot shot is excellent, and good framing.

Jose, that may be the best bark shot yet.

Samy



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2489
Country: United States

Yeah folks keep on talking up that 35mm fl and posting these delicious pictures

I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
...

(My version of the Monty chant)

Samy

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Ray, thank you - and I'm gladly echo Eric's comment about the squirrel-shot. I hope you can sell the lens for a good price. Btw, yes, I really love my battered copy of the 35/1.4. This focal length seems to be more natural to my eyes (and the thing called brain behind the eyes) than the "standard" of 50mm. Right now I have 12 primes of this focal length (or it's equivalent) from many brands. The 35/1.4 Nikkor is for sure one of my favorites, as are the Fujinon 23/2 built into the Fuji X100, the Hexananon 35/2 in the Konica Hexar AF and the Leica Summicron-R 35/2. None of this lenses is "perfect" from a technical point of view, but I really love them all ;-)


This is a lens that's on my wish list.

Speaking of this FL on different cameras....I had a Nikon L35AF film P&S that had a 35mm f2.8 fixed lens. This little camera took excellent photos and was really easy to use. The Olympus Epic Stylus was another with a 35 f2.8 that took nice images, I still have this one.



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2489
Country: United States

Mark, must feel good to have accomplished that and be done. I like the perspective of the first shot.

Samy

MarkdV wrote:
Dear All,

Life has been sadly getting in the way of being able to follow or contribute to the great work here, but finally finished the video work for my company (shot 75% with the 28mm and 50mm lenses, the other 25% with an AF lens sadly). so nice to be not spending hours waiting for the computer to finish processing huge video files.

Grabbed a few night shots last night with the 55mm just for something different, but first a quick thanks to Georg for the great shot of the old building, Philippe for the Quai de Seine, 85 1.8 HC, Leighton for the morning shot of his neighbors house and Ray for the squirrel shot. I know there's been many more great shots up in the past week and I hope to go back and catch up on them at some point.




leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9771
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
Ray, thank you - and I'm gladly echo Eric's comment about the squirrel-shot. I hope you can sell the lens for a good price. Btw, yes, I really love my battered copy of the 35/1.4. This focal length seems to be more natural to my eyes (and the thing called brain behind the eyes) than the "standard" of 50mm. Right now I have 12 primes of this focal length (or it's equivalent) from many brands. The 35/1.4 Nikkor is for sure one of my favorites, as are the Fujinon 23/2 built into the Fuji X100, the Hexananon 35/2 in the Konica Hexar AF and the Leica Summicron-R 35/2. None of this lenses is "perfect" from a technical point of view, but I really love them all ;-)

leighton w wrote:
This is a lens that's on my wish list.

Speaking of this FL on different cameras....I had a Nikon L35AF film P&S that had a 35mm f2.8 fixed lens. This little camera took excellent photos and was really easy to use. The Olympus Epic Stylus was another with a 35 f2.8 that took nice images, I still have this one.

saph wrote:
Yeah folks keep on talking up that 35mm fl and posting these delicious pictures

I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
...

(My version of the Monty chant)

Samy


These chants NEVER work!!!



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4713
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Ray, thank you - and I'm gladly echo Eric's comment about the squirrel-shot. I hope you can sell the lens for a good price. Btw, yes, I really love my battered copy of the 35/1.4. This focal length seems to be more natural to my eyes (and the thing called brain behind the eyes) than the "standard" of 50mm. Right now I have 12 primes of this focal length (or it's equivalent) from many brands. The 35/1.4 Nikkor is for sure one of my favorites, as are the Fujinon 23/2 built into the Fuji X100, the Hexananon 35/2 in the Konica Hexar AF and the Leica Summicron-R 35/2. None of this lenses is "perfect" from a technical point of view, but I really love them all ;-)

leighton w wrote:
This is a lens that's on my wish list.

Speaking of this FL on different cameras....I had a Nikon L35AF film P&S that had a 35mm f2.8 fixed lens. This little camera took excellent photos and was really easy to use. The Olympus Epic Stylus was another with a 35 f2.8 that took nice images, I still have this one.

saph wrote:
Yeah folks keep on talking up that 35mm fl and posting these delicious pictures

I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
...

(My version of the Monty chant)

Samy


These chants NEVER work!!!


Exactly what I was going to say!



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4713
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Ray, thank you - and I'm gladly echo Eric's comment about the squirrel-shot. I hope you can sell the lens for a good price. Btw, yes, I really love my battered copy of the 35/1.4. This focal length seems to be more natural to my eyes (and the thing called brain behind the eyes) than the "standard" of 50mm. Right now I have 12 primes of this focal length (or it's equivalent) from many brands. The 35/1.4 Nikkor is for sure one of my favorites, as are the Fujinon 23/2 built into the Fuji X100, the Hexananon 35/2 in the Konica Hexar AF and the Leica Summicron-R 35/2. None of this lenses is "perfect" from a technical point of view, but I really love them all ;-)

leighton w wrote:
This is a lens that's on my wish list.

Speaking of this FL on different cameras....I had a Nikon L35AF film P&S that had a 35mm f2.8 fixed lens. This little camera took excellent photos and was really easy to use. The Olympus Epic Stylus was another with a 35 f2.8 that took nice images, I still have this one.

saph wrote:
Yeah folks keep on talking up that 35mm fl and posting these delicious pictures

I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
I am not getting a 35 1.4
...

(My version of the Monty chant)

Samy


These chants NEVER work!!!


Exactly what I was going to say!



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4713
Country: United States

MarkdV wrote:
Dear All,

Life has been sadly getting in the way of being able to follow or contribute to the great work here, but finally finished the video work for my company (shot 75% with the 28mm and 50mm lenses, the other 25% with an AF lens sadly). so nice to be not spending hours waiting for the computer to finish processing huge video files.

Grabbed a few night shots last night with the 55mm just for something different, but first a quick thanks to Georg for the great shot of the old building, Philippe for the Quai de Seine, 85 1.8 HC, Leighton for the morning shot of his neighbors house and Ray for the squirrel shot. I know there's been many more great shots up in the past week and I hope to go back and catch up on them at some point.



Great group of pictures! Love the pov on the first one
Glad you found time to post



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4713
Country: United States

MarkdV wrote:
Dear All,

Life has been sadly getting in the way of being able to follow or contribute to the great work here, but finally finished the video work for my company (shot 75% with the 28mm and 50mm lenses, the other 25% with an AF lens sadly). so nice to be not spending hours waiting for the computer to finish processing huge video files.

Grabbed a few night shots last night with the 55mm just for something different, but first a quick thanks to Georg for the great shot of the old building, Philippe for the Quai de Seine, 85 1.8 HC, Leighton for the morning shot of his neighbors house and Ray for the squirrel shot. I know there's been many more great shots up in the past week and I hope to go back and catch up on them at some point.



Great group of pictures! Love the pov on the first one
Glad you found time to post



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4713
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
From my new Flickr account



Perfect.... Well except for the snow. Is it summer yet?



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2489
Country: United States

A Washington Post photographer has a big splash of an eagle taking off with a colorful fish on their front page today (photo #8 on this gallery) from Conowingo dam:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-sight-for-soaring-eyes/2012/11/29/0cdfe79e-3a79-11e2-8a97-363b0f9a0ab3_gallery.html

Samy



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 2703
Country: Brazil

Thank you Leighton, James, Jeff, Scott, Ray, Georg, Peter, Monty, John and Samy for the very kind words.

Leighton, loved the moon + sheeps;

Ray, great set with the 100-300/5.6 and beautiful "snow at Florida";

Mark, welcome back with a great set;

Jeff, amazing lamp with 105/2.5 + tubes



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 2703
Country: Brazil

mp356 wrote:
stedge wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are a few taken with the 100-300 5.6 AIS. Which BTW I have for sale on the B&S alone with two others. "Shameless plug" This lens is terrific wide open.





i find the squirrel shot hilarious! Was going through and just went back and laughed. Little bugger caught in the action. A lot like kids or puppies!


+1 Ray. The squirrel shot is terrific! Nice work.
Scott


+1, great capture.



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 2703
Country: Brazil

jhinkey wrote:
Welcome to the 16/3.5 FE club Jose - can't wait to see your images from it.

John


Thank you John. The guy from ebay shipped it immediately, I hope before Christmas I have it at hand. I confess I am willing to use it more on my D7000, because Ray has showed it performs as an almost rectilinear 20-21mm ultrasharp lens.



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3598
Country: Singapore

Wow Ray that's beautiful

And the amp tube is excellent Jeff. Probably sacrilegious of me to say it but I've only ever had digital players.



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 1569
Country: N/A

A co-worker is selling a 85mm PC f2.8D. Fair price but do I need it?



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9771
Country: United States

raboof wrote:
A co-worker is selling a 85mm PC f2.8D. Fair price but do I need it?


You must certainly do!



Foggy14
Registered: May 01, 2010
Total Posts: 1137
Country: United States

Thanks James, Ray, Peter, Monty, Claus, Leighton, Ben, Georg, Samy, Jose and Chin for your comments on the audio tube shot. Claus, they do sound very nice. As Monty mentioned, they convey a warmth to the music that's pretty attractive.

Laura, the mountains and craters give a great sense of the topography of the moon. Excellent shot.

Philippe, in "Quai de Seine" I love how you isolated the woman through focus and lighting.

Leighton, very pretty morning shot.

Philip, I really like the barber shop.

Ray, Great flowers and squirrel. Love the b&w of the snowy trees and road.

Monty, great composition and nice subtle colors on the gas station photo.

Georg, beautiful shot of that wonderful old building.

Mark, very nice series from the construction site.



1       2       3              2296      
2297
       2298              4430       4431       end