Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2275

1       2       3              2275      
       2277              5888       5889       end

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

A very quick one. There's a reason the 50mm f1.2 is such a classic and worth returning to time and time again, especially at f2.0

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

kings_freak wrote:
Chin - Nice detail shots of the guitars and I really like the first shot.

Tony

+1 to that.

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

rafaelcasd wrote:
Back to Two Peaks, the sun set was not great so I decided to show you the nearby islands. Nikkor 50-300mm ED D800. First looking south to downtown San Diego with the sunset Balloons
[url], on Flickr

Norhwest to Santa Catalina with the encinas power plant and lagoon
[url=h, on Flickr

A crop of a helicopter and traffic light in the above picture
[urll], on Flickr

West to San Clemente Island and San Elijo lagoon
[ul], on Flickr

South to Coronado Islands
[urll], on Flickr

lovely Rafael - don't see that lens used much here.....some of these would have been great as stitches too.

finally got out on the freelines.

ben

freelines - nikon 24mm f2.8 NC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

kings_freak
Total Posts: 952

MarkdV wrote:
A very quick one. There's a reason the 50mm f1.2 is such a classic and worth returning to time and time again, especially at f2.0

Cute kiddo. It does render the background nicely.

Tony

kings_freak

bruni wrote:

finally got out on the freelines.

ben

You know what would have made those freelines really pop? A 24mm PC-E! (Sorry couldn't resist!)

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 3766

kings_freak wrote:
Anyone know where to get an HN-6 or HS-3 hood or any one that is compatible with the 55mm 1.2 SC? I haven't been able to find one. I am using the HR-2 rubber hood now which works fine, but like Curtis, I like the aesthetics of the metal hoods.

Tony

I prefer the metal hoods too but use one that fits the Voigtlaender 50m f1.4 on my Nikon 50 1.2. The hood is much smaller/shorter being of a better design than the Nikon hood.

kings_freak

Ian Boys wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
Anyone know where to get an HN-6 or HS-3 hood or any one that is compatible with the 55mm 1.2 SC? I haven't been able to find one. I am using the HR-2 rubber hood now which works fine, but like Curtis, I like the aesthetics of the metal hoods.

Tony

I prefer the metal hoods too but use one that fits the Voigtlaender 50m f1.4 on my Nikon 50 1.2. The hood is much smaller/shorter being of a better design than the Nikon hood.

Thanks Ian, I will have to check those out. I am assuming that it will work for the 55mm as well?

Tony

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 3766

yes if it has a 52mm filter thread.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

A little snow on the mountain. We live in the Shenandoah valley with the Blue Ridge Mt's to our East, and the Alleghenies to our West. All part of the Appalachian mountain range. We are closer to the Alleghenies which you see in this image.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5063

Great shot leighton! 180mm seems nice .. have it self in the AF version 180 F2.8D and is very good
Ronny//

kings_freak

leighton w wrote:
A little snow on the mountain. We live in the Shenandoah valley with the Blu Ridge Mt's to our East, and the Alleghenies to our West. All part of the Appalachian mountain range. We are closer to the Alleghenies which you see in this image.

Beautiful, Leighton!

Tony

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

kings_freak wrote:
Anyone know where to get an HN-6 or HS-3 hood or any one that is compatible with the 55mm �1.2 SC? I haven't been able to find one. I am using the HR-2 rubber hood now which works fine, but like Curtis, I like the aesthetics of the metal hoods.

Tony

Tony, I'm using a HS-7 clip-on metal hood for my 55/1.2 (late genuine Ai-version). Works pretty well.
After looking at several silly priced offers at the german ebay-site I've ordered a new one from Hongkong. Was a lot cheaper than most beaten up used offers here. The HS-7 will fit over the 55/1.2 in reversed position for transport.
But basically many 52mm-threaded hoods should work fine - a walk over a used-gear-fair should get you a cheap and nicely fitting one.

georgms

Leighton, wow, another beautiful landscape from your backyard! The light is fantastic.

georgms

Tony, very nice set from work. I like the creamy background-rendering of the 55/1.2 a lot and while the second and third images are really nice my personal fav from your set is the B&W-shot.

Rafael, wow, amazing light on your San-Diego-series! I like the "San Clemente"-photograph the best - for the well positioned shiny lake/inlet.

Mark, cute portrait of your son! It seems he really enjoys chocolate ;-)

Chin, great guitar-details! Personal fav is the first shot. Are these guitars for working musicians or rather collector-items?

Ben, very nice shot of your freeliners. I wonder if a modern lens like the 24/3.5 PC-E would be too contrasty for backlit shots like this one.

John, the fisheye-selfie with green-filter should make a really nice B&W. Sometimes accidents can lead to fantastic pictorial results;-)

leighton w

Thank you Ronny, Tony and Georg! Hard to take a bad picture with good light.

As an example of what good light can do, take look at this one taken with my Samsung cell phone.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1145380/3#11220043

huddy
Total Posts: 1886

Beautiful Leighton.

MarkdV wrote:

Agreed Mark, sticking a cute a kid in front never hurts either!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Thanks everyone. Been trying to shoot more with the PCE just to get Ben on the wagon. It's the interior of a well-known music store, my friend's company did the interiors - flooring, walls, racks, ceiling, lights, the works. Naturally, no photography's allowed but we got special dispensation for this one

Leighton: In city-slicker fashion, I just gotta ask you: do you have sick days? Or days when you look at the horizon and think, 'I don't wanna do these chores today, just gonna git my camera and tripod and head into the mountains'? What then?

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

kings_freak wrote:

Tony

Those two are hard to find Tony, I use the 50 1.2's HS-12 on the 55 1.2s, or the HN-24 with a 52 to 62mm thread adapter, either looks great. The HS-12 can be found new in e-bay from FujisunriseUSA for $29.50 shipped from Hong Kong, bought three so far with no issues. Either of these don't mount backwards on the 55s but I do not mount the HS shades backwards for transport as this is asking for scratches on your focusing ring. I also have an 58mm 1.2's HS 7 bought new in e-bay, same seller for $30, works well and can be reversed on the lens if that is desired.

leighton w

Thanks Alan and Chin.

Chin, unfortunately, I have days when I am sick, but certain things HAVE to be done no matter what. However, working for ourselves means if we feel like it, we'll do the bare minimum and go do what we want. Actually, this time of year, we do this quite often. In fact, when I have my turn with Nikki I already have a couple of day trips planned with her!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Which sounds great. Boy, someday I'll do just that. Getting mighty disillusioned with corporate and city life. Can't wait to see what you've got planned for Nikki!

1       2       3              2275      
       2277              5888       5889       end