Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2272

1       2       3              2272      
       2274              4301       4302       end

philipj
Total Posts: 850

Laura, I'm also pretty content with the D700 for now, and agree you made a good choice. I loved the feel of the D800E in my hand as an eventual upgrade to the D700, but I'm in no rush. Between Margot, my impending graduation, and our potential move across the ocean, camera gear has taken a back seat.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6033

montym wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
montym wrote:
[Lovely!

Ya know, the more I read and see pictures coming out of the D800, I realize I made a mistake with the D600. CRAP!!!!

No, I think you made the right choice and your computer's hard drive and processor thinks so too . . .

I'd be 100% sold on the D800 if they changed two things: Made it 24MP and fixed live view (which is not very good and is, in my opinion, barely adequate for critical focusing).
But, it's mine and I'll be keeping it for a long time until something much much better comes along or it becomes too heavy to carry around.

J

Sounds like you want a D4

No way no how. Too darned big and heavy for me.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Don't get me wrong, I like my D600 much more than my (sold) D700. I'd do it again.
The extra resolution is fab and more is always better

raboof
Total Posts: 1504

D600 might be my next one I am happy with my D700 but it looks like the D600 might extend my acceptable ISO range a bit more since I like shooting in the dark.

28mm f2.8

Reagan
Total Posts: 2992

I am doing it again if anyone is thinking about a D700

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1168530

Not positive about the mirrorless just something different

Reagan

James Markus
Total Posts: 4436

Chuong, this wide open? Amazing! I love it! Can someone explain to me why I feel a need to get a second 28mm f2.8 ais?

raboof wrote:
D600 might be my next one I am happy with my D700 but it looks like the D600 might extend my acceptable ISO range a bit more since I like shooting in the dark.

28mm f2.8

James Markus
Total Posts: 4436

John, this is an incredible stitch - beautiful!

jhinkey wrote:
And just to show that I'm not done yet with my Hawaii images. One last (I think) panorama of Moloka'i:

105/2.5 AIS

Working on getting these all into one place on my Zenfolio account.

jhinkey

raboof wrote:

28mm f2.8

Love shots like this - they really capture the moment!

jhinkey

James Markus wrote:
John, this is an incredible stitch - beautiful!

jhinkey wrote:
And just to show that I'm not done yet with my Hawaii images. One last (I think) panorama of Moloka'i:

105/2.5 AIS

Thanks James!

raboof
Total Posts: 1504

Thank you James and John.
James - Yes it was wide open and I have three 28mm lenses but I cannot explain why.

montym

raboof wrote:

28mm f2.8

WOW!!
That is beautiful!! Man, keep the lights out!!!!

montym

raboof wrote:
Thank you James and John.
James - Yes it was wide open and I have three 28mm lenses but I cannot explain why.

!!!!!

adh67
Total Posts: 561

montym wrote:
raboof wrote:

28mm f2.8

WOW!!
That is beautiful!! Man, keep the lights out!!!!

+1 This one captures the atmosphere perfectly.

Bert

funwithlight
Total Posts: 351

raboof wrote:

28mm f2.8

great capture!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2638

jhinkey wrote:

105/2.5 AIS

John, another killer pano! How many images did you use?

asiostygius

Chuong, agree with James, John, Monty, Bert and Acidnaut, what a great moment and photo you have captured!

asiostygius

Thanks, Bert, James, Ian, Scott, Alan, and Philip for the coments.

Laura many thanks for your time sharing impressions on the V1 + MF lenses.
Please, keep more images with this combo coming.

montym

jhinkey wrote:
montym wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
montym wrote:
[Lovely!

Ya know, the more I read and see pictures coming out of the D800, I realize I made a mistake with the D600. CRAP!!!!

No, I think you made the right choice and your computer's hard drive and processor thinks so too . . .

I'd be 100% sold on the D800 if they changed two things: Made it 24MP and fixed live view (which is not very good and is, in my opinion, barely adequate for critical focusing).
But, it's mine and I'll be keeping it for a long time until something much much better comes along or it becomes too heavy to carry around.

J

Sounds like you want a D4

No way no how. Too darned big and heavy for me.

and the only reason I'm saying D800 is because I could NEVER afford a D4! But I'f much rather have a D4. Better low light, faster and oh yes, I LOVE big!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7748

Why? Cause Rocky's asking for Taco Bell?

montym wrote:
Here's one that is VERY close to falling in the trash can....

I agree, you do have your hands rather full at the moment. I do like that I can go between the D700 and D300s and not have to retrain my muscle memory. I rented a D800 for a week but don't have a burning desire to upgrade to one.

philipj wrote:
Laura, I'm also pretty content with the D700 for now, and agree you made a good choice. I loved the feel of the D800E in my hand as an eventual upgrade to the D700, but I'm in no rush. Between Margot, my impending graduation, and our potential move across the ocean, camera gear has taken a back seat.

Here ya go Reagan, start with this and add this and then hang on to all those MF lenses. Looks like a steal for sure! Might have to find a way to get one down to Brazil

Reagan wrote:
I am doing it again if anyone is thinking about a D700

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1168530

Not positive about the mirrorless just something different

Reagan

huddy
Total Posts: 1826

Chuong, very well done. That one is a shot to remember.

Here is a huge pano from the latest Nikki post I am working on. I though it would be a good treat.
SpaceX Rocket Development Facility in McGregor, TX:

If you look on the far left, you will see a water tower and tall cylindrical white object on stilts. That white cylinder is Grasshopper, a 10-story VTOL rocket that currently is capable of taking off and landing itself upright... I don't remember it's maximum altitude or flight time right now, but we hear tests of it nearly every day, sometimes many times a day.

IIRC, the large white/gray metal building is where the company assemble Falcon 9 rockets for testing.

The large tripod looking structure next to the water tower in the middle is a vertical test structure for fully configured Falcon 9 rockets. I've been on the top of the concrete part. It's over 100 feet tall. I think the top of the structure is roughly 260 feet tall and has quite a view of the surrounding area. I don't know what the grid like structure next to that is. The various other outbuildings and mounds of dirt are used for fuel storage, testing of single engines on the ground etc.

When a full launch test is simulated, everything here in town shakes and it is very, very, very loud. If the weather conditions are correct, the rockets will make large streams of clouds along the ground that are miles long. The first large test caused several residents to think it was the apolcalypse. The company now posts signs along highways to notify the town of very large tests!

1       2       3              2272      
       2274              4301       4302       end