Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread
/forum/topic/920070/681

1       2       3              681      
       683              1382       1383       end

rscheffler
Total Posts: 6580

Yes, this thread is moving very quickly!

Joakim - looks good. That's what I like about the Canon 35/2 as well... the SA haze, or whatever it is, towards the frame edges when used wide open.
Gary - great handling of a very high contrast scene!
Joe - Very nice! Definitely an advantage of the M240 and use of non-RF close focusing lenses. The typical 1m restriction of the old lenses is definitely tiring. At least the Nikkor 5cm/1.4 is an exception.
Yes, 50AA... in my mind a more realistic match to the M240's better high ISO performance. Price though is still a major mental (and practical) hurdle. Lux ASPH is a better match for me with the M9.

This one is the Sonnar either at f/8 or f/11, where its performance is best across the frame:

Around f/2-2.8:

Wide open:

TAGfan
Total Posts: 1614

Beautiful work Ron - I need to get out and get shooting!

jojomon11
Total Posts: 7623

That's funny Joe! I think I have competition now with Ryan

I still have my leica gear just need to use it, just got a Pentax 645D with 55 2.8 so tinkering with that baby! Medium format is my new lust for now

Great stuff posted here guys! Man this post moves fast! Any women leica users here? We need Helena here!!!

Anyone in So Cal here? I wanna shoot with another leica user!

Phil

3D.Doug
Total Posts: 828

The 75 really delivers detail. I love this lens for medium close up work. Definitely filled a void for me with my M9.

adamdewilde
Total Posts: 5093

Thanks guys!

Ron - Honestly, It was a combination of factors. But I did get it locally (SG MSRP), so my fiance paid a lot more then USA MSRP.

JonasY - The portrait of your brother is awesome.

rscheffler

Thanks Scott! I can be quite the homebody at times and need to pry myself away from the computer and get out. Luckily I just have to walk 5-10 minutes down the street for the scenes I've been posting.
Phil - wow, that's also a camera I've been curious about. I don't think we've had any ladies participating here for quite some time, unfortunately.
Doug - those have a very nice feel/quality to them.
Thanks Adam, too bad about the price, but at least you found one!

Checking in on my deer herd again today (I never post cat photos, so I guess this is OK)...

Nikkor 10.5cm f/2.5 LTM (both wide open and cropped a bit):

28 Cron (slight crop):

Zeiss-Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar (some cropping):

And if that isn't enough wildlife for you, I also found this guy...

He was either senile or kind of slow... he'd get nervous every time I moved closer and would make a move for the water, but then would stop halfway, wait 15 seconds and turn around and return to the log he was chewing on. This was repeated numerous times, to my amusement and perhaps his annoyance.

His home might be the pile of wood directly above the canoe.

Both with the Nikkor 10.5cm LTM, though the beaver photo was cropped probably to about 200mm equivalent.

zhangyue
Total Posts: 4165

^^superb!^^

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 7648

What a great set Ron. Those first two shots are beautiful! I am surprised by the subject separation in #1. That Nikkor 10.5cm is a really good lens.

joe88
Total Posts: 2336

Gary Clennan wrote:
What a great set Ron. Those first two shots are beautiful! I am surprised by the subject separation in #1. That Nikkor 10.5cm is a really good lens.

+1 Excellent work!

adamdewilde
Total Posts: 5093

to the slow beaver.

rscheffler

Thanks Michael, Gary, Adam and Joe!

Gary, yes there is some decent subject/background separation and the lens's long focus throw makes it pretty easy to focus accurately. These would have been much more hit or miss with my 90 Summarit. And the Nikkor is quite sharp centrally from wide open. Definitely a notch above the Zeiss-Opton at mid distances. I've thought about going down there with my Canon and a telephoto lens, but then I'd end up with typical animal 'portraits' and deer are so common anyway. I mean, it would be fun, but I get more of a kick out of doing this with a camera system you're not supposed to shoot wildlife with, particularly the challenge of seeing how close I can get for a reasonable photo within both my and the animal's comfort zones. I guess it helps they're semi-used to people, though still skittish.

The Nikkor is decent wide open at infinity, though stopping down helps a lot. But I like it best for near MFD shooting where a nicely complementary touch of SA adds subtle smoothness. Obviously, with it being a 105mm, it's going to look a lot different from a 50.

At MFD of ~4 feet:

This is the Zeiss-Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar of the same branch at MFD of ~1m, at around f/2, but on a sunny day:

The Nikkor again, at around MFD:

And a bit farther away:

sebboh
Total Posts: 12611

rscheffler wrote:
Checking in on my deer herd again today (I never post cat photos, so I guess this is OK)...

And if that isn't enough wildlife for you, I also found this guy...

He was either senile or kind of slow... he'd get nervous every time I moved closer and would make a move for the water, but then would stop halfway, wait 15 seconds and turn around and return to the log he was chewing on. This was repeated numerous times, to my amusement and perhaps his annoyance.

fantastic shots!

careful though, there was a photographer killed by a beaver recently if you can believe it.

airfrogusmc
Total Posts: 5025

jojomon11

Very nice stuff these last pages all!

Very Nice Ron, love the richness of 3 and 4 of this page and all the deer shots, simply the best I have seen, bar none!

Another fine set Allen, love the hand on the rail

Nice portrait of your brother Jonas

Nice Gary

Nice joakim no. 2 for me!

Joe starting macro shooting huh? last one for me

Doug, nice 75 captures, thats my next lens

Phil

Leitz Summaron 35 2.8

airfrogusmc

Love #1 and thanks....

joe88
Total Posts: 2336

Ron, love the 3rd pic of the leaves with blueish background! Excellent and really smooth rendering.

Allen, excellent set and nice theme with the hands! No comments on the Blackhawk pics since we just lost out to Chicago

Phil, excellent set with the 35Summaron 2.8, medium format feel to your pp, really nice. Have you made large prints from the Monochrom files? These would be gorgeous. Also, congrats on your Pentax. although if you enjoy medium format, you ought to try the S2 with the superb Leica S lenses.

airfrogusmc

Thanks Joe over 2 million at the parade today. I had a good friend that was at the last game in the Garden and said the Boston fans were gracious. It was a GREAT series.

joakim
Total Posts: 2158

sebboh wrote:

careful though, there was a photographer killed by a beaver recently if you can believe it.

Are you sure it was a beaver and not a biever?

jojomon11

Thanks Allen and Joe!

Phil

Mono and Noct 0.95 w/ND

muc_marlin
Total Posts: 176

Ron, your deer shots are awesome!
airfrogusmc, the superman shot is cool!
jojomon11, I really like your balcony shot! The Noct and Mono are amazing, just the buggy disturbs me a bit.

1       2       3              681      
       683              1382       1383       end