Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread
/forum/topic/920070/680

1       2       3              680      
       682              1382       1383       end

airfrogusmc
Total Posts: 5024

LoL thanks Edward and I am truly a lucky man..
These are and were nursing students at that attend or attended one of university clients. She is one of many success stories and one of the feature articles in the universities up coming magazine. We use real nurses and real nursing students because the client believes it adds credibility to their ads and their articles.

And I have photographed some very attractive physicians also for some of my other healthcare clients.

rscheffler
Total Posts: 6580

Ryan - great set! Glad to hear you made it through the flooding OK and congrats on the new lens. Always interesting to see what is parked in the garage!
Allen - very nice!
Michael - great colors and like the second one!
Peter - I agree with your equipment philosophy and can sympathize with your experience of being 40ish. 20 years ago I loved large cameras and lenses. Now it seems much of my gear interest is in maintaining image quality but reducing the size and weight whenever possible.

A question for the 35 Lux FLE owners: How easy is it to nail wide open focus for an off-center subject? For example Allen's great portrait above of the nurse and ensuring correct focus is on her near eye. It's perhaps one aspect of the CV35/1.2 II with which I always had trouble because there might be some field curvature and focus and recompose was a bit of an uncertainty.

More with the Zeiss Sonnar... while out on my walk yesterday, there were the usual assortment of deer on hand from the local herd.

airfrogusmc

I have to slip my glasses up to focus close (LoL) and I focus, recompose and I usually can hit it most of the time. I did focus on her closest eye. In my opinion the 35 Lux FLE is one great lens. It absolutely smokes my Canon 35L in both sharpness wide open and I prefer the Bokeh by a lot.

Another shot from the same shoot. 35 Lux FLE wide open again

seekuh
Total Posts: 279

I agree with airfrogmusic. The 35 Lux is one of the lenses that is rather easy to focus even when recomposing. I have much more keepers with this lens than with my others.

joe88
Total Posts: 2336

Thanks for the comments all!

Ron, another excellent set with the Sonnar and signages. The deer set is superb, especially the last two shots. Do you really need a 50Lux ASPH?

Gary you have put the 180/3.4 on my radar

Ryan, looking forward to your new lens collection. CV 50 1.5 is sharp. I had the older copy but sometimes the out of focus rendering could be jittery, but otherwise its a nice lens. Nikon 85/2 is a legend (and a Sonnar ), is yours the black version?

Peter, glad that you enjoy your new M9 with those excellent lenses. I think many of us on this thread are drawn to photography for the same reasons as you - passion for photography, otherwise we would all be shooting something else.

Ryank, excellent set and glad you are alright. Congrats on the 35FLE. The shot of your son with the 35FLE is my favorite from this set. Color pics looks great as well.

Allen, you brought smiles to many of us with that portrait

Michael, all roads lead to a M240 I didn't know some of the R lenses cannot be adapter to Nikon? Nice shot with the 90Elmarit

joe88

Nikkor 10.5cm 2.5 ltm

adamdewilde
Total Posts: 5093

Long story short, I got my M240 today. I'm not allowed to use it though, as my fiance said I can only have it when we check into our individual hotel rooms the morning of the wedding. So it's sitting in our bedroom smiling at me from it's cozy box. I think I'm going to take more photos at my own wedding then the photographer.

I've charged up both batteries though, and I've put a memory card into the camera, so I'm ready to go. Actually think I'm going to put the camera body into the dricab, since it'll be sitting around for two weeks if I don't.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help me get one!

airfrogusmc

Congrats on the wedding and the new Leica....

muc_marlin
Total Posts: 176

adamdewilde: wow...congrats from me to!

Ron: very nice, the last one is really outstanding.

JonasY
Total Posts: 419

Brother says hi from Rome

Leica X1, 24mm @ f/2.8

The more I use this camera the more surprised I am of the IQ; it's simply amazing, and I'm pretty sure that's mainly because of the fantastic lens. It's probably the best lens I've ever used, a shame it's stuck on such a lousy body (the lens would be worth far, far more than the price of a used X1 if it was a stand alone lens). If it wasn't for the [lack of] tonality and DR, I could easily mistake what I get from my X1 with any FF camera with a high end lens.

3D.Doug
Total Posts: 828

thanks Muc_Marlin on my lens.

Looks like quite a bit of new stuff here, and 240s with new wives, wow, what a banner day that is. lol. Well, congrats to you both.

So, is that the 10.5 fisheye Joe?

Nice portrait, that X1 was always quite the overachiever. really good clarifty for the BW. You are right, the glass makes the camera. For me it was a gateway camera. It wasn't long before I wanted more...

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 7648

Great news Adam - looking forward to your pics. Congrats again on the wedding!

joe88

Jonas, there appears to be some magic dust inisde the X1's 24mm Elmarit. Very nice shot.

Doug, its 10.5cm, is 105mm - this is the way they labelled lenses back in the old days Although with the M240 live view, not a bad idea to try a fish eye lens at some point.

Adam, congrats on your M240 and all the best for your upcoming wedding.

Gary Clennan

ryankarr wrote:

Added a 35mm FLE to the collection last week, and have just ordered a CV12/5.6 from Camera Quest

Great to hear you had no flood damage Ryan. It seems to me the CV12 doesn't have as much color shift as the CV15 - correct? I have used my CV15 only a few times but the color shift can be a pain to deal with....

shtarka1
Total Posts: 134

joe88 wrote:
Nikkor 10.5cm 2.5 ltm

Joe, We Have To Go Out & Shoot Soon So I Can At Least See One! Some Killer IQ Here!

rscheffler
Total Posts: 6580

Jonas - looks great! Obviously the photographer knows what he's doing.
Allen & Hilmar - thanks for responding to my query. Hilmar, I know we've discussed the challenges of focus and recompose portraits with the 50 Lux ASPH, so good to know how you feel about the 35 FLE.
Thanks Peter!

joe88 wrote:
Ron, another excellent set with the Sonnar and signages. The deer set is superb, especially the last two shots. Do you really need a 50Lux ASPH?

Thanks Joe! Yes, I still need the 50 Lux ASPH if only because I won't have lingering doubts if using other lenses and wondering how much better the Lux ASPH could be... Now I only have lingering doubts about the 50AA!

Actually, with the deer set, the Sonnar shows weakness at those distances, though not obvious at this resolution. Fine detail isn't well recorded whereas with the the Lux it would be, and off-center compositions would be less troublesome as seen with the Sonnar's rapid drop off in non-central sharpness. But I do find the Sonnar easier to focus precisely due to the longer focus throw.

I still think a set of modern glass is the best way to start and cover all the bases. Then over time, build a complementary 'character' set of lenses to suit specific needs.

The Nikkor is a very nice lens, especially with its Sonnar qualities at nearer distances.

Adam - that's great! Care to give us a general idea of how you managed to find an M so quickly?

Walk in the woods, more Zeiss-Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar:

In another section that has nice grasses that are always well lit by the evening sun, I was getting busy doing bokeh shots when a dog walker came by, who I'd never before met, but turned out to be a bit of a Leica guy himself, though got out of it for AF and autoexposure, etc. After about 15 minutes of chatting, it seemed like he was reconsidering the Leica dilemma. Only drawback was it killed some quality time with the fleeting light..

His dog (not sure about the flare) and chatting with another dog walker:

So then I headed down to the water, first chased the deer around, then liked the clouds over the water, and another guy comes around... this time someone I know from the university here and whom I have photographed a few times for the university. He's also an amateur photographer and was getting set up for the potential sunset.. small world.

Here's one scene shot at or near wide open vs. about 5.6:

There's a nice smoothness/blur quality to the lens wide open that can sometimes work for a scene.

Gary Clennan

Ron - looks like a really good place to go shooting. You are really putting that lens through it's paces....

One more from yesterday:

joakim
Total Posts: 2157

Thanks for comments and likes. It feels like this thread is in some turbo mode right now

Here is a mixed bag; two with the 50 Planar, 1 with the Canon 35/1.8 and one with a new comrade, a russian Jupiter-8 50mm f/2 that is based on the 50 Sonnar (pre-war) design if I understand it correctly.

joe88

Steve, yes we need to go shoot sometime soon!

Ron, another excellent set. Great light. Really, do you need a 50Lux ASPH? I think a 50APO is where the road seems to lead towards

Gary, nice one, interesting tree formation.

---
Some from our backyard. OM 50/3.5 Macro

joe88

Joakim, I think we both posted at the same time. Excellent set and congrats on the Jupiter 8! Good catch on the BIF. #1 and 2 must be the ZM50P? We seem to be on a somewhat vintage mood on this thread recently? #3 is the Canon and #4 Russian comrade?

Yes, I believe Jupiter 8 has the same optical design as the Sonnar 5cm f/2 but I think its single coated. You should try the Jupiter 3 and 9 if you have a chance.

1       2       3              680      
       682              1382       1383       end