Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread
/forum/topic/920070/672

1       2       3              672      
       674              1381       1382       end

joakim
Total Posts: 2157

Michael, thanks and nice film photos.

Ron, interesting that you think the 24 is more common but I wont disagree with you. Here in Sweden the 2nd hand market for Leica lenses is so small that I have never seen either lenses for sale. Great set, last one is my favorite.

I haven't had my ZM 50 Planar very long but I am very pleased with the results so far and with its smaller size I think it complements my 50 Lux nicely.

Something a little different from the garden this evening with the 50 Planar.

leonasj
Total Posts: 467

joe88 wrote:
Leonas, nice shots with the 90AA. One of my fav Leica M lenses of all time.

thank you.this lens mine fav too.i use it with 1.4x magnifier for nail focus

airfrogusmc
Total Posts: 5022

edwin_sn
Total Posts: 1136

i haven't been able to comment on the previous images, this thread moves fast. And it seems that people are leaning towards b&w these days

i haven't been able to shoot much, been logging around the M4 and have not finished the roll in it yet.
here is my share for today,

M9P+50lux asph

rscheffler
Total Posts: 6570

Very nice, Michael, Joakim, Allen and Edwin!

Received a lens I've been curious about - the Canon 35/2 LTM. Very small lens. Smaller than my ZM35/2.8. I'll write up a bit more about it later, but in the meantime, I like its stronger/busier OOF specular highlights. Reminds me somewhat of the Nikon 5cm/1.4's hard edged blur discs. But the blur discs change across the frame, from somewhat larger and softer in the center, to smaller and harder at the edges. Must be some connection to probable field curvature. By f/4 though the blur quality is much calmer, though of course subject background is much reduced.

Wide open:

Here are three, f/2 through f/4:

It's also quite sharp centrally. Probably best across the frame around f/8.

Here's one at f/5.6, simply because I was impressed it resolved the spokes on the bikes.

TAGfan
Total Posts: 1614

That's great Ron, happy to see as I bid on one of those last night. Looked interesting, but I ended up winning a 35 1.7 ultron instead

joe88
Total Posts: 2336

TriTran, nice set from the market.
Phil, excellent portrait with the 50 0.95! Special lens for a very special visitor
Alllen, another excellent street outing! #3&4 are my favorites. The gate/fence shot is also nice.
Ron, always impressed with your use of UWA lenses including the 21FL. Great set and I really like the B&W pp on these. Those gargoyle shots are also really nice with textured lighting! Finally, congrats on your Canon 35/2 ltm (and your other new lenses ). Can't wait to see more from this lens. I am having GAS attack again
Michael, another nice analog set! 35CronV1 and B&W is a potent combo!
Joakim, nice sun stars! Roses from your garden?
Edwin, excellent composition and colors with the chair and steps!

-------
Carl Zeiss Sonnar 50/2 (postwar coated)

Center resolution is quite good for such an old design dating back to the 1930s

seekuh
Total Posts: 279

Hello everybody,

I haven't posted for quite some time due to my work load. I have been featured on Steve Huff's website if someone is interested:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/06/17/shooting-in-nambia-by-hilmar-buch/

joe88

Very nice Hilmar!

adamdewilde
Total Posts: 5090

seekuh - good shots, nice blog post!

zhangyue
Total Posts: 4164

Hilmar, Very nice set of photos. thanks for sharing. The place is so beautiful. I wish I can be there someday.
Ron, the canon 35f2's Bokeh is quite good, I feel it is better than 35cron v1
Joe, this thread is a alt thread now in another form, we no longer use Leica on M

Here is one from Sunday.

35cron V1

rscheffler
Total Posts: 6570

Cool shot, Michael! It would be interesting to compare the Canon 35/2 against the Cron V1. The image quality from the Canon somewhat surprised me, though the build quality is definitely below that of Leica, Zeiss ZM, older Nikkor RF...
Joe, the Sonnar looks great!
Scott, I haven't seen much from the 35/1.7 and will be interested in what you create with it.
Hilmar - wow - great write-up and images in the full gallery on your site! I saw some of these on your Flickr and love the B&W of the giraffes. I completely agree about how with the 'wider' lenses you've shown a lot more of the environment, rather than the standard long telephoto 'portraits' that are so popular with many wildlife photographers. Might be worth stopping in at the Lumas gallery beside the Leica Store to inquire whether they might be interested? There's at least one other photographer from Munich I follow on Flickr who has done this...

While heading home from trying out the lenses last night, I noticed the neat look of the clouds against the sky (most evident in the last image below). It didn't last that long, so only managed to work it with this location... but for some reason, I really like this garage (and have photographed it and possibly posted it here in the past):

First two with the Canon 35/2. Maybe could have used the 28 Cron instead because I'm torn between showing more sidewalk/road or showing more sky. Maybe a blend of the two in Photoshop?

Canon 50/1.4:

50 Lux ASPH:

joe88

Thanks guys!

Michael, nice shot of the Beetle with the 35CronV1. Beautiful colors and I really like the rendering of your 35CronV1!

Ron, both Canon 35 and 50s look great! The garage looks more like a shed to me, curious what they have inside. On the 50Lux ASPH shot, it looks as if the cloud formation were shot at different times, cool catch!

Continuing on our ALT Leica M thread, OM Zuiko 50 3.5 Macro

zhangyue

Ron, the processed file looks very special. I love the color. Hearing build quality is not as good as Leica is a relief to me as I no longer consider explore these beautiful lens. For me, it is a big consideration for lens selection I know, I know, don't laugh at me. I choose Leica R over a bunch of Canikon also for this reason, at least, in additional to optics

Joe, Bokeh looks delicious.

I have mentioned many times about poor flare control of 35cron V1. (it is the achilles heel of v1)

Now let's see one from last Sunday.

'explosion'

Now, I wonder which 28/35 lens particular good at this situation based on your experience? any comments welcome.

sebboh
Total Posts: 12610

zhangyue wrote:

I have mentioned many times about poor flare control of 35cron V1. (it is the achilles heel of v1)

'explosion'

Now, I wonder which 28/35 lens particular good at this situation based on your experience? any comments welcome.

woah! you can see the actual aperture blades of the lens in the image. that's crazy!

looks like no oil on the blades though.

airfrogusmc
Total Posts: 5022

I think it looks interesting.

zhangyue

sebboh wrote:
zhangyue wrote:

'explosion'

woah! you can see the actual aperture blades of the lens in the image. that's crazy!

looks like no oil on the blades though.

Yeh, My copy is mint condition

Thanks for comments, Allen. I wonder how 35lux ASPH Fle in this regard? I heard good thing about new 35 f2.5 Leica. It will be a good buy for around $1100.

However, with careful control, you can also get this from 35cron V1

also from past Sunday.

joe88

The FLE and 35 2.5 summarit m flares the least. All of my other 35s flares - 35 lux asph. 35 cron asph and pre asph. Even my 60 year old w-nikkor 35 1.8 handles flare better than the 35crons. Others might want to chip in on the ZMs or CV35 1.2?

joe88

Michael, have you sent the lens back to Leica for checking? Sometimes the front element could be misaligned or it could be scratched to cause what you are seeing?

How's this for a 1950s Canon 35 1.8 ltm flare? This was the worse example I have on this lens, otherwise its mostly veiling or ghosting

28Cron

35Lux ASPH (before FLE)

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3731

Heh thats most ridiculous flare I ever saw.. Tho in case of this image, I think it might be actually very interesting sorta?

1       2       3              672      
       674              1381       1382       end