/forum/topic/860134/976

1       2       3              976      
       978              994       995       end

Ulff
Total Posts: 917

(ZE21)

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 686

Nice one Ulff. What camera are you using there?

Here's a 1.4/85ZF

Ulff
Total Posts: 917

Thanks Rodluvan! The image was taken with a Canon 6D.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2541

Nice Shot Daniel and Ulf

Crosspost sony A7-R-S thread

Sony A7 + Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

carstenw
Total Posts: 15958

Fantastic light!

tccin3d
Total Posts: 121

Converted to gray and then to RGB, asigned "Fujifilm 3521xd", then converted to "sRGB". New layer (duplicate) with high pass applied, inverted and set to somewhere around 50% opacity with overlay mode for the 'sfumato glow' effect.

cyra
Total Posts: 822

Ulff, I like the subtleness in your image above,
Ronny, spectacular!

More from the Natural History Museum in Vienna, which is more like a museum of a museum, I like those old fashioned display cabinets a lot.

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 686

tccin3d wrote:
Converted to gray and then to RGB, asigned "Fujifilm 3521xd", then converted to "sRGB". New layer (duplicate) with high pass applied, inverted and set to somewhere around 50% opacity with overlay mode for the 'sfumato glow' effect.

Why? It's a photo of two backs and a very distracting and partially blown out background. The huge added boarder doesn't frame the photo as it merges with the blown out bits and the colour used is not pleasing to my eye or serves to enhance the experience of the content. I'm sure it would be a fine(-r) photo not worked over so hard. Could you post that for a comparison?

And what what lens did you use (always interesting in a gear oriented thread)?

tccin3d

Rodluvan wrote:
tccin3d wrote:

Why? It's a photo of two backs and a very distracting and partially blown out background. The huge added boarder doesn't frame the photo as it merges with the blown out bits and the colour used is not pleasing to my eye or serves to enhance the experience of the content. I'm sure it would be a fine(-r) photo not worked over so hard. Could you post that for a comparison?

And what what lens did you use (always interesting in a gear oriented thread)?

Testing, .. the more you do, the more you learn. Thanks for the critics, the original is below, as you see it has too many elements, colors are also distracting. Yellow came from the profile itself.
I am testing this microblur technique (the opposite of microcontrast), since too much sharpening can destroy the feeling of something soft. So at the end I smart sharpen images for web, but then add another layer of inverted high pass, to bring back some softness that was there before resize. Especially noticeable with fur, it can look harsh. Also this can help with distracting bokeh, and to enhance spatiality.

There is a thread for postprocessing, but it is way old, why does no one post there anything? Or am I missing something?
Here's original:

I have exif data incorporated. (right click>view image exif data, with mozilla addon).
It is 100MP ZE (sometimes image itself is named with lens details, since I hate generic "322jfbgeei3.jpg" type of names)

IndyFab
Total Posts: 1286

21ze
5C7A1628 (C) All Rights Reserved by Sett N trenZ, on Flickr

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1890

IndyFab wrote:
21ze

Nice!

Edd

tccin3d

ZE 1.4/35 Distagon (sounds like a transformers character)

philshoots
Total Posts: 1576

'Bootsy'

phigment
Total Posts: 175

IndyFab wrote:
21ze

Nice, but I might have erased the stars in the 'dark' part of the moon.

webisweb
Total Posts: 412

85mm ZF .2
Laughing his ass off by discoverfilm, on Flickr

tccin3d

2/100MP ZE ISO160 /2.8 1/180s

moosehead222
Total Posts: 212

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
steve g wrote:
I wonder how far apart are you bracketing the exposures?

It depends; 1 2/3 if dynamic range is big - 1 1/3 if dynamic range doesn't need 1 2/3 stop bracketing. During the past years I have learned that software doesn't like 1 stop bracketing, results comes out very bland. Also if you need 2 stop bracketing that starts to be too much for the software, and also if you have 4 stop difference between dark and bright image it starts to be really difficult to map all that dynamic range to single image in tone mapping process.

My goal is to get darkest image exposed so that there are no burned highlights AND lightest image to show all shadows, like this:

(In Apple Aperture highlight clipping indicated by red, blacks clipping by blue)

In order to achieve this I sometimes need to use recover highlights and adjust the highlights slider a little bit as well. Also my standard for exporting panorama or HDR is to set the black point so that the blacks are not clipping. All images need to have same settings applied, otherwise Photomatix confuses and doesn't work in very predictable way:

One more image from Notre Dame, with 21mm:

Samuli

Samuli, Your work is amazing, Thank you for sharing.

dubaiphil
Total Posts: 871

IndyFab wrote:
21ze
5C7A1628 (C) All Rights Reserved by Sett N trenZ, on Flickr

Straight out of camera, IndyFab?

johnahill
Total Posts: 2566

Rod, love those people shots with the bright backgrounds

Just going through some old shots and pre-processed this one.
100MP

nntnam
Total Posts: 83

The shadow of Mt. Fuji - ZE21

1       2       3              976      
       978              994       995       end