ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/969

1       2       3              969      
       971              979       980       end

cyra
Total Posts: 788

thanks coogee, Ronny and Abuttolph

coogee wrote:
Thanks cyra, great shots - the 2nd is my favourite - wow. Thank you for reposting them.

Ultimately I'm wondering if there is room to have the MP and the 85, if it is different enough. I have a few funds available to add to my kit and this is on my short list as the 85mm option.

How bad is CA with it? How is the focus throw (wonderful I'm guessing)? I'm also assuming that stopped down it is as sharp/detailed as it gets - looks that way but tough to be sure on web images.

I am never taking both lenses out together, since I am usually out with no more than 4 lenses. But I really enjoy to swap between them. When I am travelling, I usually take the 100 because of its macro capabilities. But I would very much like to be able to use the 85 for landscapes.
It is for sure the right choice for portraits and environmental portraits. I hope you have seen the wonderful env. portraits on this thread with the 85.

The focus throw is much different from the 100. While with the 100 there is 2 cm between infinity and 2 m it is more then a quarter of a turn with the 85. This makes it much easier to focus than the 100.
Note that the 85 only focuses to 1 m minimum distance. Just enough for a head portrait.

I have never noticed CA with it, while it had bothered me with the 100. You better ask Samuli about this, he can probabely elaborate better than I can. Stopped down it is sharp, it is also sharp wide open, just wide open and at minimum distance it is a bit soft.

this is a portrait wide open:

when photographing people I almost always stop down to 2.8, since I want more than one eye in focus. It is plenty sharp then and still has pleasing character.

at ZeissImages with a search fpr the lens you will find lots of images, also some from me.

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1342

ZM 50+zeiss ikon
double post

Abuttolph
Total Posts: 102

Nice shot of the GGB, Jim. I really like the composition.

Ulff
Total Posts: 868

ZE 35 2.0:

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 668

MP50, versatile is thy name

@2.0

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 668

joanlvh wrote:
ZM 50+zeiss ikon
double post

is that the sonnar or planar? what film are you using?

johnahill
Total Posts: 2472

Toothwalker wrote:
And a few from a trip to Rogaland:

These 2 are epic, that height would render me useless

johnahill
Total Posts: 2472

johnahill wrote:
Toothwalker wrote:
And a few from a trip to Rogaland:

The first 2 are epic, that height would render me useless

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2373

Sony A7 + Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 4 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

nntnam
Total Posts: 79

Amazing capture Ronny!

21 ZE

JSPHOTOS
Total Posts: 750

Continually inspired by the amazing photographs within this thread. Truly epic! Thanks to all that contribute so frequently. I'll be back soon to join you and hopefully contribute.

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1342

Rodluvan, 50 planar ZM

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1298

johnahill wrote:
These 2 are epic, that height would render me useless

I was sitting on the edge of this 600-m high plateau, and did not think it was particularly intimidating. A fall from a 20-m high rock is just as deadly.

darbo
Total Posts: 173

A couple of low-light captures with the Otus 1.4/55mm ZE (a7R)....

@f/1.4:

Moonlit Lake Buteo by David Arbogast, on Flickr

@f/4:

Forest Softbox by David Arbogast, on Flickr

JSPHOTOS

Those are outstanding David! I assume you're still thrilled with your Otus purchase?

All week I've been scouring the internet looking at Otus photos and trying to figure out how I can justify one. If it wasn't for drought conditions ( I have a lawn care business) I would have pulled the trigger on a new one last week.

darbo
Total Posts: 173

JSPHOTOS wrote:
Those are outstanding David! I assume you're still thrilled with your Otus purchase?

All week I've been scouring the internet looking at Otus photos and trying to figure out how I can justify one. If it wasn't for drought conditions ( I have a lawn care business) I would have pulled the trigger on a new one last week.

Thanks! The Otus is phenomenal. I could be content with a Sony a7 series camera and the Otus 55mm and nothing else. Other than the also-excellent Apo Sonnar 2/135mm, I have sold off my other Zeiss lenses (which more than paid for the Otus). I could not be happier with the Otus. If you can, by all means get one.

JSPHOTOS

Yep, I'm shuffling gear at the moment to make way for the 135 APO and 55. I still have the Leica 100 APO on the buy and sell in hopes for a trade but might bite the bullet and just sell it outright. Hate parting with that awesome lens.

nntnam
Total Posts: 79

Man, I was saving for the Otus since it came out. Suddenly I thought maybe it's too good for me and decided to spend money on other thing. Now I think I regret that decision .

coogee
Total Posts: 25

A couple at f/2 with the MP.

50MP ZE

Untitled

100MP ZE

Untitled

The 85/1.4 I had my eye on ended up getting sold just as I decided to grab it.
I'm sure there is still more saving/Zeiss glass ahead for me anyway!

Steve Spencer
Total Posts: 7424

^^ lovely use of the MP lenses coogee. I especially like the second one.

I was visiting family in Connecticut this week and stopped by a pretty little river in the Berkshire's and took these two with the ZE 35 f/1.4.

1       2       3              969      
       971              979       980       end