Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5059

Thanks

Great shots Luka,Micke, No Regrets and abhijeeth

Sony A7 + Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

U.C.
Total Posts: 711

Hmmm, looking at the colours and patterns of the car and the butterfly: what a resemblance

No Regrets
Total Posts: 811

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

Great shots Luka,Micke, No Regrets and abhijeeth

These are incredible shots, Ronny! Love the color and the detail.

trajtemberg
Total Posts: 9

Hi everyone, few days ago got a 50P ZE and done some test shots which i want to share (no pp except for sharpening and highlight recovery).

f/5.6

f/2.0

Anything bellow f/2 is way too soft, with lots of CA, but maybe im doing something wrong.

user222
Total Posts: 819

Awesome thread per usual. Marty, super nice and I like your avatar. Ronny, you are a prolific zeiss master! Akul, really nice BW. Abhijeeth, superb.

50P

Ronny Olsson

Thanks Craig and No Regrets

Craig: Nice to see you back.. really nice shots

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

100 MP wo :

nntnam
Total Posts: 333

From my trip to San Antonio, Texas
100MP

Ronny Olsson

nntnam

Contrast | 100MP

m.sommers00
Total Posts: 2042

Lovely!

Ronny Olsson

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 8738

Some more checking out of the 35/2 ZF.2

akul
Total Posts: 2696

trajtemberg wrote:
Hi everyone, few days ago got a 50P ZE and done some test shots which i want to share (no pp except for sharpening and highlight recovery).

f/5.6

f/2.0

Anything bellow f/2 is way too soft, with lots of CA, but maybe im doing something wrong.

I only have (had - as it is now broken ) contax planar 50 f1.4 so it is probably slghtly different, but.

Any high contrast scene and above f2 may not be this lens's strength. In lower contrast scene, CA gets less pronounced. 5.6 - 6.3 it is super sharp. I always loved the planar rendition. Not clinical, but expressive. I hope the lens grow on you.

Not a Z series lens, so I usuallly post on the Zeiss lens thread, but this one was taken with 50 planar a couple of years ago. I believe it was around f2.8 -3.2 range ( leitax converted so not quite sure )

Luka

trajtemberg
Total Posts: 9

akul wrote:
trajtemberg wrote:

f/5.6

f/2.0

I only have (had - as it is now broken ) contax planar 50 f1.4 so it is probably slghtly different, but.

Any high contrast scene and above f2 may not be this lens's strength. In lower contrast scene, CA gets less pronounced. 5.6 - 6.3 it is super sharp. I always loved the planar rendition. Not clinical, but expressive. I hope the lens grow on you.

Not a Z series lens, so I usuallly post on the Zeiss lens thread, but this one was taken with 50 planar a couple of years ago. I believe it was around f2.8 -3.2 range ( leitax converted so not quite sure )

Luka

I have the older C/Y version of the planar and i love it, thats why im so dissapointed with the planar. Gonna give it a new try this weekend.

Cheers.

ps: Nice scene.

akul
Total Posts: 2696

I have always thought Contax planar 50 / 1.4,is pretty much the same as ZE/F or may be even a little better. It sounds like your findings are not quite that way?

helimat
Total Posts: 3991

First time in a while posting here in this thread.

Canon 6D + ZE 25/2 by Mat Melsness, on Flickr

Cheers

abhijeeth
Total Posts: 400

^^ Stunning and welcome back !!

Having some more fun with BW conversions. Images from Cannon Beach, Oregon.
5d2 + 100MP.

Haystack Rock.

Alone at sea: Tilamook Lighthouse.

nntnam

100MP

craigjohn
Total Posts: 361

GAH! I'm driving myself mad.

What to do? What to do?

I have the 100/2 MP, and now I want something wider. The 21/2.8 is off the list (for now - too expensive), as I'd love this next lens mostly for documentary (weddings)/street photography, and some environmental/landscape secondarily.

Do I get the 25/2 ZF.2 or the 28/2 ZF.2? I want a fast aperture, especially when I photograph people up close.

Both seem to be highly regarded. The IQ from what I've seen is stellar in both. The question comes down to focal length, and where it fits within my three lens kit I want to build.

I love the 28mm focal length as well. When I had the Nikon 28mm f/1.4D, it was welded to my camera, but had to sell it off when money got tight. ...I currently have the 28mm f/2 AIS, and while I love the FOV, it's rendering wide open leaves a little to be desired - just want something with more *pop*, and the Nikon doesn't have 'it'.

And that brings me to the 25. It fits perfectly at the wide end of my planned three lens travel kit - 25/50/100. It's nice and even. But I'm not sure if it's too wide for documentary. Then again, I'm not sure if the 28 is wide enough for environment/landscape when I need it...er, want it.

With the 25, I'd be really getting into people's faces, which may not be a bad thing. I used love my 24/1.4G until it went all squirrelly on me, and replaced it with the small an nimble 20mm f/2.8D.

In smaller rooms, though, will those extra three millimeters make a big difference when it comes to the 25 vs. the 28?

The next lens I get after this will the be 50/2 MP, without a doubt. But that's on the back burner, as I have 60mm f/2.8G Macro for the time being.

As I said, GAH! ...and that was a quite a ramble/hashing out the my thoughts on paper. ...er, the internet.

Anyone with some good 'people photos with the 25mm f/2 and 28mm f/2? Street photography would be outstanding. I've searched high and low, but there's not a lot out there.

Cheers,

c

1       2       3              952      
       954              1018       1019       end