ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/943

1       2       3              943      
       945              998       999       end

mogud
Total Posts: 896

My first post using my favourite Zeiss lens the ZE 100/2 MP. C&C welcome.

Ulff
Total Posts: 930

ZE 21:

cyra
Total Posts: 822

thanks Jako and Ronny and everybody else for the likes,
Ronny, another very nice ND filter shot.
Steve, those are Red-breasted Mergansers (third down), last one is very nice.
Jako, I like the rendering in your stitches,
mogud, nice first post with the 100 MP
Ulff, spectacular!

was watching hang gliders a couple of times, first one didn't start, second one did,
I couldn't switch lenses fast enough, so they are all with ZF 35/2

first image edited a bit

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2590

Thank's
Jack: Great set
Mogud: Great use of 100MP
Ulf: Awesome shot
Cyra : Love that first shot and the rest is also great

darbo
Total Posts: 211

Ulff: That is an awesome architectural capture; you have inspired me today.

Cyra: The first one is spectacular. I love how the luminous chute is juxtaposed against the glowing valley below/beyond; it is a wonderfully serendipitous convergence well-captured. My only wish is for a subtle measure of additional localized shadow recovery on the faces; particularly the all-in-shadow face.

I really appreciate the way that the 2/35mm renders. One of these days I hope to get one.

mogud
Total Posts: 896

Thank you all for the Likes and the comments. Very much appreciated!

nibutto
Total Posts: 202

Cyra: the first shot has something magical, I like a lot also the last. And the 2 with 100/2 on previous page.
2/35 sunrise last morning.

Steve Spencer
Total Posts: 7838

Sunset last night over the little bay in front of our place.

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2996

nibutto wrote:
Cyra: the first shot has something magical

+1

Hexonxonx
Total Posts: 64

6D and 50MP + polarizer

R.Young
Total Posts: 995

Steve Spencer, that upload seem super low res

carstenw
Total Posts: 16065

Look at the moon. The 100MP has a very short DoF even at infinity.

Steve Spencer

Carsten is right, the shot is infinity focus (i.e., on the moon and it is at f/2). I was not trying to get everything in focus and really nothing but the moon. Instead I wanted a bit of a dreamy/sleepy look and I liked the colours and the mood of the shot. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea (and maybe not anyone's but mine), but many of my landscape shots have only a small part of the scene in focus and I often like that better than everything in focus. Currently I have been trying to shoot landscapes a bit different than they are traditionally done, so this was an experiment of sorts. I liked it and I thought I would share it, and I do appreciate the comments R. Young and Carsten for noticing what I did with the shot.

Steve Spencer

cyra wrote:

Thanks for the id cyra. I knew they were mergansers of some sort, but not the exact species. In the little area of Lake Ontario in which I live (about a 2 km radius) there are over 40 species of ducks, so sometimes I like to capture some of the more interesting varieties. These are a very neat bird--very sleek, strong swimmers, quick divers, and lightning quick flyers and they don't seem to be bothered by the cold at all.

kezeka
Total Posts: 1583

Just got a 135/2 in the mail but am way to terrified to put it through its paces without getting it thrown onto my personal article policy first. Can't wait to post the photos up here though. The few I have taken around my apartment look phenomenal. Also, it is a LARGE lens. With the hood attached it is quite a long lens (gives a 70-200 a run for its money).

Anurag
Total Posts: 497

135/2's maiden voyage. A few shots taken at school during the lunch break.

Frogfish
Total Posts: 3080

Steve Spencer wrote:
cyra wrote:

Thanks for the id cyra. I knew they were mergansers of some sort, but not the exact species. In the little area of Lake Ontario in which I live (about a 2 km radius) there are over 40 species of ducks, so sometimes I like to capture some of the more interesting varieties. These are a very neat bird--very sleek, strong swimmers, quick divers, and lightning quick flyers and they don't seem to be bothered by the cold at all.

I knew they were Mergs but I don't know the NA species. I went on a special 4 day trip to Wu Yuan, China especially to find Scaly Breasted Mergansers (extremely rare birds found only in China). That's a long winded way of saying I enjoyed viewing those shots !

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2590

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

R.Young
Total Posts: 995

Steve Spencer wrote:
Carsten is right, the shot is infinity focus (i.e., on the moon and it is at f/2). I was not trying to get everything in focus and really nothing but the moon. Instead I wanted a bit of a dreamy/sleepy look and I liked the colours and the mood of the shot. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea (and maybe not anyone's but mine), but many of my landscape shots have only a small part of the scene in focus and I often like that better than everything in focus. Currently I have been trying to shoot landscapes a bit different than they are traditionally done, so this was an experiment of sorts. I liked it and I thought I would share it, and I do appreciate the comments R. Young and Carsten for noticing what I did with the shot.

Ah, yes you are right. But I think if you look at the image closely around the clouds at the centre top of the photo, there seems to be quite a lot of grain / jpeg compression which together with the soft foreground I put down to resizing. Even the colour transitions in the water seem a bit... crunched. I think the photo could really do with a better upload, which might make the moon pop more against the OOF foreground. What image hosting service are you using?

Steve Spencer

R.Young wrote:
Steve Spencer wrote:

Ah, yes you are right. But I think if you look at the image closely around the clouds at the centre top of the photo, there seems to be quite a lot of grain / jpeg compression which together with the soft foreground I put down to resizing. Even the colour transitions in the water seem a bit... crunched. I think the photo could really do with a better upload, which might make the moon pop more against the OOF foreground. What image hosting service are you using?

I'm not using an image upload service at all. I use image upload here at FM and I am pretty sure that it doesn't compress the images at all. I did resize in photoshop, but I just used a two step resize to get to 1024 pixel height and then I saved it with very little compression in photoshop (quality 11 jpeg). Maybe I forgot to change the colour profile to srgb or did something else wrong. In any event I did resave the picture and reposted it. Let me know if you think it is any better. Thanks for your input.

1       2       3              943      
       945              998       999       end