/forum/topic/860134/935

1       2       3              935      
       937              1019       1020       end

Ripolini
Total Posts: 468

D300 + ZF 100/2 Makro-Planar (@ f/2.8)

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1892

21mm Distagon has become one of my favorite lenses. My shooting style contains very small number of traditional "all sharp" landscapes, and reason why I like 21 is it's boke. For such wide lens it's boke is really good considering it's optically also top notch on focus plane. Only issue I have with 21 is that it's so wide, making shooting difficult as sky tends to get into pictures and/or something else in background. All photos ZE-version in A7 with circular polarizer.

A) f/4

B) f/5.6
/img]

C) f/5.6

D) f/4

E) f/4.5 (apologies for colors, this was processed before I moved from Lightroom to dcraw)

F) f/11

G) f/11

H) f/8

I) f/8 (also demonstrates what happen in natural forest when storm hits - no pend tree...)

Majority of them are crossposts from A7 thread.

Samuli

kyelmore
Total Posts: 84

ZE 85/1.4

Whitetail Deer by Kyle L.E., on Flickr

ZE 21/2.8

Crotalus atrox (Western Diamondbacked Rattlesnake) by Kyle L.E., on Flickr

No Regrets
Total Posts: 817

Finally had a chance to get and play with my new Zeiss 135 F2 APO while I was taking a walk along the river. All images were taken hand held. Constructive criticism is always welcomed as I am an amateur trying to learn how to get the best out of this lens. Many thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts.

Jim Servies
Total Posts: 1223

Great shots Don! The more you shoot with this lens you'll love it.

Also, I'm so glad you revived this thread. I remember a time when this thread would jump two or three pages or more a day. We need to get this thread moving again. I'm hopeful to help the cause and participate a little more too with my 135 and 50MP. I have a couple weeks vacation starting tomorrow so I'll do my best.

Steve Spencer
Total Posts: 9893

Great shots everyone. My wife and I were in New York over Valentine's weekend and we enjoyed doing a bunch of photography. Here are a few from ground zero. All with the ZE 21 f/2.8 at f/8.

AlexDROP
Total Posts: 219

Thai scooters at night - taken with CZ 100 MP at f/2.8

_MG_2653_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

No Regrets

Jim Servies wrote:
Great shots Don! The more you shoot with this lens you'll love it.

Also, I'm so glad you revived this thread. I remember a time when this thread would jump two or three pages or more a day. We need to get this thread moving again. I'm hopeful to help the cause and participate a little more too with my 135 and 50MP. I have a couple weeks vacation starting tomorrow so I'll do my best.

Thanks Jim! I can tell already that this will be a very special lens. I'm looking forward to developing my skills so that I can get the most out of it.
Can't wait to see your vacation pics.
Don

nntnam
Total Posts: 333

ZE21

The balconies

m.sommers00
Total Posts: 2042

Athabasca Glacier here in Alberta.

Glacial Abstract by msommers00, on Flickr

No Regrets

Steve Spencer wrote:
Great shots everyone. My wife and I were in New York over Valentine's weekend and we enjoyed doing a bunch of photography. Here are a few from ground zero. All with the ZE 21 f/2.8 at f/8.

Wow Steve, I really like these images. Very tastefully done. Great job!

No Regrets

AlexDROP wrote:
Thai scooters at night - taken with CZ 100 MP at f/2.8

_MG_2653_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

I love the colors and the clearness of this image. The water on the street...everything. You really did this lens proud here.

Steve Spencer

Here are a few more from our trip to NYC. These are all of Grand Central Terminal. The first two are with the ZE 21 f/2.8 and the last two with the ZE 100 MP.

nntnam
Total Posts: 333

Ze21

Tower of the Americas

Steve Spencer

Here are some street shots from the New York trip I took last month. The first is with the ZE 21 f/2.8 and the last two with the ZE 100 MP.

kyelmore
Total Posts: 84

ZE 50/2 Macro with Ext. Tubes:

Leptodeira septentrionalis (Northern Cat-eyed Snake) by Kyle L.E., on Flickr

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 8758

Steve -- Nice shots, especially the 9/11 memorial. That place should have a sign, "Welcome to the huge hole in our hearts."

Took a little excursion to Gardens of the World, in Thousand Oaks, CA. Trying to catch some incipient spring happening.

I'd taken the D800e, along with 14 Samyang, 25/2.8 ZF, 60/2.8 R Leica and 180/2.8 AIS Nikon. My favorite shots were with the Zeiss -- both angle of view and details/color were well suited to the outdoor look I was after.

Hand held, PP in LR5.7 (and PSE10 for the composite).

U.C.
Total Posts: 711

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
21mm Distagon has become one of my favorite lenses. My shooting style contains very small number of traditional "all sharp" landscapes, and reason why I like 21 is it's boke. For such wide lens it's boke is really good considering it's optically also top notch on focus plane. Only issue I have with 21 is that it's so wide, making shooting difficult as sky tends to get into pictures and/or something else in background. All photos ZE-version in A7 with circular polarizer.

A) f/4

B) f/5.6
/img]

C) f/5.6

D) f/4

E) f/4.5 (apologies for colors, this was processed before I moved from Lightroom to dcraw)

F) f/11

G) f/11

H) f/8

I) f/8 (also demonstrates what happen in natural forest when storm hits - no pend tree...)

Majority of them are crossposts from A7 thread.

Samuli

Great shots! They gave me inspiration to use my Zeiss 21/2.8 for some "3D" shots:

5D2 + 21/2.8 @ f/5.6 (I think)
_MG_83588 by Universal Creations, on Flickr

@f/16
_MG_83602 by Universal Creations, on Flickr

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1892

Great to see this thread again moving forward.

Feeling sad, so it's time to post dark photo - ZE 1.4/35 @ f/2.8, 1/40s. ISO 100, A7, Circ-Pol, 120cm/50" silver reflector

Samuli

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1494

So this thread is still alive. It is interesting to see the great variety of motifs.

Some Zeiss restaurant scenes:

1       2       3              935      
       937              1019       1020       end