Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZE @ f/4, HDR(10s, 30s, 100s), Sony A7 @ ISO 200

Samuli

RiverGuy
Total Posts: 39

Beautiful work, Samuli

Jay968
Total Posts: 89

Just an update to my posts about the 100MP from a few days ago;
Out of curiosity, and just to satisfy it, I actually exchanged the 100MP that I had used over the weekend for another copy. I didn't expect to really see a difference, I just wanted to be satisfied that all was good with the one I had. However, I was actually shocked to see that the newer lens produced noticeably sharper images than the older one! So not only did I get better results by judging JPG against JPG with my 6D, but changing out the lenses brought it up another notch, subtly but very difinitely noticeable. I am NOW seeing images produced by that lens which warrant the notion that it is a top class lens. While I don't think it's QUITE as good as my 21, it's definitely in the same league!

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Cyra - Nice green there. I do not share the same opinion with Ulff. I do not see any issue with multiple posts. You were also gone for a while, it is good to see what people have been up to.

Steve Spencer - Very nice Yosemite shot.

Ulff - Great shot. Beautiful cloud just in the perfect spot.

darbo - Nice architecture. Simple and elgant shots.

Rodulvan - Great BW portrait. Very nice oof rendition too.

Samuli - Great lighting that brings out snow texture. If A7 is making you to post more, that is already a great thing.

akul

ZF100 - Taughannok Falls - Sorry about the image size.

Ulff
Total Posts: 868

Wow, an impressive image and scenary, Luka!

cyra
Total Posts: 788

Thanks wiseguy and akul, Ulff is right though, I overdid it.

samuli, I like the tone in the foreground
akul, very impressive

just one on this page, since a post with no image isn't right either

ZF 85/1.4

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2963

Akul, the falls picture is terrific, the 2 guys in the bottom right of the image give an idea of the scale.

85/1.4 Planar :

darbo
Total Posts: 173

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Akul, the falls picture is terrific, the 2 guys in the bottom right of the image give an idea of the scale.

+1 The scale of the falls is awesome, Akul. I love seeing it in the icy conditions; very cool.

a7 with 1.4/55mm ZE: [I am no lens expert, but I really really like this lens. My only small dislike, thus far, is the vignetting. It seems to have a more negative impact on the image than my other Zeiss lenses, and I have been more inclined to correct it. Aside from that little nit I like everything about it - the bokeh is pleasing to my eyes.]

Framed By Parasols by David Arbogast, on Flickr

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2372

Awesome shot Luka

RiverGuy
Total Posts: 39

Ulff wrote:
It's really no big deal and others (like wiseguy) may feel different about it, but I always regarded this as some kind of an implicit rule in these general image threads not to have to much image posts from one person on one page...

I'm with Ulff. Over on ZI, Cyra has posted 4-5 images in a row sometimes that differ from one another by only a few feet of position from which the shots were made. A half dozen shots in a row of the same lake, same day, from the same end of the lake. Ditto for a green yard series, a snow in the mountains series, a rose series. Oh, and the dawn or dusk sky series. It's like somebody started to do a pano, but forgot to keep the camera in the same place, or to blend the images. In the past month, Cyra has posted at least 5-6 strings of photos --each of the same subject-- on ZI.

It reminds me of the old days of the 60s and 70s when family members would writhe in apprehension when old Dad brought out the slide projector. The sad thing is, ol Dad of the 70s usually wasn't a good photographer. That is not the case with Cyra.

And I fear that contrary to his promise, he is no where near running out of photos. He's a good photographer, but everything has its limits. The repetition has a dulling effect. Some of his strings on ZI look like the contact sheets of long ago. I can't for the life of me figure what the thinking is behind this. It doesn't help Cyra's impression on any forum; it dilutes the impact. And, as Ulff implies, it hurts the forums and threads.

He isn't the only one who posts too many photos on ZI; there are at least 3-4 others. But many of his clusters have the same subject, same color, same concept repetition. If some of them were a full frame shot followed by a crop or two of that same shot to demonstrate lens capability, for example, it might make some sense. But that's not what's happening. Some of his posts are a delight. These excessive and/or repetitive strings here or on ZI are not. He should pick what he thinks is the best photo of each of these series and post just that photo. And not post rapid fire image-after-image, regardless of content, on any one page. These forums and threads are dependent upon some mutual understanding among the participants.

Just my opinion, of course.

Let the uproar begin.....

--Dan

carstenw
Total Posts: 15356

darbo wrote:
a7 with 1.4/55mm ZE

Hmm, what is that lens? The 50?

darbo

carstenw wrote:
darbo wrote:
a7 with 1.4/55mm ZE

Hmm, what is that lens? The 50?
1.4/55mm ZE

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1298

darbo wrote:
1.4/55mm ZE

Congratulations. That is 1030 grams of envy.

redisburning
Total Posts: 1094

RiverGuy wrote:
[Just my opinion, of course.

Let the uproar begin.....

--Dan

perhaps you should take it to a mod? or to him personally.

I dont know, you aren't a mod, so the way I see it it really isn't your place to comment on other people's posting habits. Of course, I could have reported your post or just pm'ed you, but since you didn't bother, I didn't either.

Anurag
Total Posts: 441

A question for those with a Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar lens in Nikon mount - I recently purchased the lens new from an authorized dealer and it had a resistive/rough feel to it from 4-5 ft and around the infinity mark. Almost a grinding feel but no sand - just roughness. The focus ring wasn't smooth the whole way through. The lens was returned to the dealer and he reproduced the problem faithfully in the same focus distances with the lens I sent back but also in another new lens he had in different distances on the focus ring. I was very kindly given the option to receive the credit back or be sent the other new lens (also with the grinding feel). Is this behavior normal for these lenses? The owner suggested that it *might* be that at the point where the grinding initially starts, the lens grabs another helicoid and that's the roughness I am feeling. I don't know about the insides of the lens but given how expensive the lens is, I don't want it in the back of my head either - I know it will always bother me and not let me truly enjoy the lens. If it is a feature of all such lenses then that's a different story but I'd like to make sure before I ask for the replacement.

akul

Thank you all !!

Cyra - Nice shot with 85!

Z - Great composition as always !!

darbo - Mmmm 55 eh ? Yum

crappyjones123 - Sorry I do not own 135, but 'grinding' feeling sounds alarming. I have 21, 35/2, 35/1.4, 100 but none present such symptom. Hopefully someone with 135 will comment.

cebseb
Total Posts: 448

Finally!

darbo

cebseb wrote:
Finally!

Nice! Here's mine....

a7 with 2/100ZE @ f/5.6:

Zeiss Otus 1.4/55mm ZE by David Arbogast, on Flickr

skyapad
Total Posts: 98

Ok . . . finally I am able to upload this image. Recently joined FM and I am very impressed with the images in this thread. Here is mine with a new acquired lens 35mm f/1.4 You are welcome to comment and critique on the image.
Anyway here goes . . .

1       2       3              934      
       936              978       979       end