/forum/topic/860134/917

1       2       3              917      
       919              1019       1020       end

Ulff
Total Posts: 1129

ZE 21 @ the beach:

Jim Servies
Total Posts: 1223

Beautiful Ulff. The 21 never disappoints! I've owned it three different times on two systems. Love that lens.

tccin3d
Total Posts: 195

100mp

Jim Servies

The eagle has landed...

tccin3d

Congratulations!

Ulff
Total Posts: 1129

Thanks, Jim! The 21 is my favorite Zeiss lens, too. I use it (and its C/Y version before that) for more than ten years and it never missed to deliver technically outstanding results. Have fun with your new 135!

Jim Servies

Just shot a few photos this evening. Unfortunately, my Lexar 1000x card and Lexar Reader are not cooperating. On live chat with Lexar to download their Image Rescue software. I think the card just flaked out. So it goes... Stay tuned.

RiverGuy
Total Posts: 117

Jim,

I trust you've already seen my 135/2 gallery I began just a couple of days after the 135/2 was first shipped.

http://danmacdonald.zenfolio.com/zeiss135_for_nikon/slideshow

The lens does especially well for stacking photos in Helicon Focus. That, of course, is for stuff that doesn't move on its own or in the wind.

--Dan

RiverGuy

ZF 135/2. 16 images at f/8, stacked in Helicon Focus. And an old photographer who didn't move a muscle other than the finger on the cable release for the 2-3 minutes it took. And no wind....

Crop of same image.

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4804

Dan, you've got some terrific images in that zenfolio slideshow.

Jim Servies

RiverGuy wrote:
ZF 135/2. 16 images at f/8, stacked in Helicon Focus. And an old photographer who didn't move a muscle other than the finger on the cable release for the 2-3 minutes it took. And no wind....

Crop of same image.

@Dan - I'll definitely check out the link this weekend. I believe I went through it about the time the 135 was released but I'm sure you've added several more. I'm amazed what you did in this photograph. I'll definitely check out the Helicon Focus software.

Okay, my images were fine on the Lexar card. However, I plan to have Lexar send another card as we're not 100% sure it didn't flake out a little. I'm certain I've had it miss writing a few images at 12FPS. It's only happened recently so still troubleshooting the card and camera.

Here's one of the first photos with the new Zeiss 135 APO. I only had a moment to shoot this afternoon but know I'm going to love this lens.

My two kids which have Daddy wrapped pretty tight. Please forgive the frame and lettering as I was posting this for some friends and family on facebook. In fact, here's to you guys and gals having a great weekend too...

Canon 1Dx
ISO 250
1/250th@f/2.5
Aperture Priority
Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZE
Lightroom 5.6
Handheld
Natural Light

RiverGuy

Thanks, Ernie

I lost a lot of time to some health issues this year, but I'm way better now and thinking about
next spring when I can put the Otus 55 and the 135/2 to good use again.

--Dan

m.sommers00
Total Posts: 2042

Cute shot, Jim. Such an incredible lens. I'm green with envy over here

Jim Servies

One from a winter series I started last year.

Zeiss 21 ZE

Winter on the Square IV by jimservies | photography, on Flickr

akul
Total Posts: 2702

It has been quite a while to post. It is great to see the thread is going strong.
with 35 1.4

akul

And a tree portrait - 35/1.4 @5.6

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5073

Great shot.. nice to see you here again Luka
New camera also I see .. nice !

akul

Ronny,

Thank you !! You have an eye of a hawk. Yes, a new camera. I did not need it, but wanted it. i am quite happy with it. It resurrected 35 /1.4 which was rather impossible to get focus, but now it is much easier. Focus indicator seems to be right on. I see you also have a new camera too. Very nice photos as always.

akul

One more from 35/1.4

tccin3d

I wish they make improved 100mm or 120mm macro. They have no excuse. Since it is not autofocus, why not improve sealing, better dust resistance, maybe focus lock, better hood - squared instead of rounded. (so it can be used as rest). better paint, smooth aperture control, better lens cap. Since it is not autofocus it should be technical marvel. Not just optical. Otus is different product on its own. and otus also doesnt look dust protected, it looks like cinema cooke lens, with yellow markings, inbreed cinema/consumer lens. Otus are fast lenses - always f1.4, so there is a place for new "standard" apo makro lens with f2 aperture. Price league would be probably little higher than 100MP, but not in otus range. And 120mm would make further distinction in marketing. Better but different.

1       2       3              917      
       919              1019       1020       end