/forum/topic/860134/905

1       2       3              905      
       907              976       977       end

alkanphel
Total Posts: 273

GBTB 12 by alkanphel, on Flickr

akul
Total Posts: 1611

RDDave - welcome to this thread. Interesting sculptures. I like the BW one.
Samuli - Great composition with the trees. Love the way how curves of different trees correspond. The downed tree shot is stunning.
Spute - Beautiful landscape works.
Ronny - Beautiful flowers as always !
niconimage - Those are pretty impressive even in the small sized web images. It makes me want to pixel peep each street !
Z- love your composition
alkanphel - nice to see your work again. Beautiful boke !

Talking about boke,

35/1.4 @2.5

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2313

Nice shot Luka

From this summer

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

nickson
Total Posts: 84

Really long time I haven't posted anything here, though trying my best to catch up with uploads.

Here're a few from last year's trip to Iceland. Let's start with some B&Ws in the nature (first two 2/100, then 2/35 on D700).

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Yummy cloud Ronny. Very nice exposure. Did you underexpose then lift the shadow, or ETTR, HDR ?

bushwacker
Total Posts: 861

rodizzle33 wrote:
Zeiss 50MP F/2

Glen's S2K by rodknee_ty2003, on Flickr

Zeiss 100MP F/2

Rodizz,

Why this car's rear wheel's are like this / \ ?

carstenw
Total Posts: 15262

Fat owner.

Ripolini
Total Posts: 356

ZF 100/2 MP + D300:

JaKo
Total Posts: 967

Parachuting or just raining? Either way, great shots Riccardo.

Distagon 2/35 WO - Fuji Reala 100 (Noritsu scanner) emulation

Ripolini
Total Posts: 356

JaKo wrote:
Parachuting or just raining?

JaKo wrote:
Either way, great shots Riccardo.

Thanks, love the fall colors in your picture. The 35/2 is a great lens, and I use it on DX too:

Erik_J
Total Posts: 208

Some really nice shots from everyone on this page

kezeka
Total Posts: 1160

We have had some amazing rainfall in Austin recently that managed to fill our river beds with ample water. Two days before this hike, I went for a jog in the same green belt and it was essentially a torrent of dirt water. All with the 21/2.8

Here is the same location only two months ago! The pile of rocks behind my friend is the waterfall just to the left of center in the photo above.

50/2:

And the falls on the far right of the frame (50/2):

darbo
Total Posts: 172

A little autumn color...

35mm f/1.4 ZE:

The Saline County Courthouse by David Arbogast, on Flickr

100mm f/2 ZE:

Small Town Skyline by David Arbogast, on Flickr

Seeing Double by David Arbogast, on Flickr

Jim the Wonder Dog by David Arbogast, on Flickr

35mm f/1.4 ZE:

Curvature by David Arbogast, on Flickr

The Lamine River by David Arbogast, on Flickr

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2313

Great shot Jack and David

Zeiss Makro-Planar T * 50mm f / 2 ZF.2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

wfrank
Total Posts: 2886

Love the high standard imagery here. Thanks for sharing.

Distagon 35/1.4 @ 1.4. CY flavor on 5D2.

Grenache
Total Posts: 1868

Darbo, tremendous clarity in those shots. Lighting just wraps around building.

Ronny, I get a significant sense of spiral motion in the bee shot. Neat effect.

Wfrank...wow. Those eyes are so crisp they just burn through you.

Couple of shots from 50/2 MP
Jim

Intensity by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Beautiful Apparition by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

[Two shot composite with Lee Big Stopper and long exposure. Only PS trick was slight blending of dress in foreground. Rest was in camera. If it weren't for the
sun rapidly rising and changing the exposure of each test shot, we could have gotten it all in one exposure.]

designdog
Total Posts: 198

OK, here is a quandary. If you look at my humble profile, you will see that I have a small but very choice selection of lenses. Did not happen overnight, I assure you!

The Nikon 85 1.5G is the newest. As in brand new. It was a choice between the Zeiss 2.8/21 and that one. My reason for going with the Nikon: I already have the 24 1.4, and I am not that comfortable with wide angle lenses. Most of the on line shots from that lens seem to be (exquisite) vistas of places I will never visit.

On the other hand, my first shots with the 1.4/85 demonstrated my need for a long learning curve. I enjoy the 85mm focal, length, and the Nikon is a classic, so I went in that direction.

Now I wonder. First shots with the Nikon 1.4 don't look appreciably different than the 1.8G, which I was planning to sell. I could simply return the Nikon 85 1.4 for the Zeiss 2.8/21. But that leaves me with my original fear of wide angle.

Silly, I know. Any thoughts?

Grenache
Total Posts: 1868

designdog wrote:
OK, here is a quandary. If you look at my humble profile, you will see that I have a small but very choice selection of lenses. Did not happen overnight, I assure you!

The Nikon 85 1.5G is the newest. As in brand new. It was a choice between the Zeiss 2.8/21 and that one. My reason for going with the Nikon: I already have the 24 1.4, and I am not that comfortable with wide angle lenses. Most of the on line shots from that lens seem to be (exquisite) vistas of places I will never visit.

On the other hand, my first shots with the 1.4/85 demonstrated my need for a long learning curve. I enjoy the 85mm focal, length, and the Nikon is a classic, so I went in that direction.

Now I wonder. First shots with the Nikon 1.4 don't look appreciably different than the 1.8G, which I was planning to sell. I could simply return the Nikon 85 1.4 for the Zeiss 2.8/21. But that leaves me with my original fear of wide angle.

Zeiss 2/25? It would be a compromise lens in terms of focal length between 21 and your existing 35, but it is not remotely a compromise in quality. The 25/2 is one of the Zeiss line's lowest distortion and richest colors, and yet, it has a dreamy bokeh not seen in wide angle lenses. Its bokeh looks quite similar to the 2/100...how? I have no idea, but it is magical.

All that said, my most comfortable focal length is right around 100mm. I bought the ZE 1.4/35 a few years back to force me out of my comfort zone. I fell in love with it and then last year found a great deal on a 21. The 21 is REALLY wide, but it is also nearly distortion free (as is the 25). Part of what I had not liked about wide angle lenses was the distortion. That basically is a non-issue with the Zeiss lenses. Even the 15mm is difficult to create situations where distortion is an issue.

I have not shot the Nikon 85g, but I have shot the 85 AiS and have a friend who is both a Nikonian and a die hard 85 fan. He prefers the Nikon 85 AiS version to the new AF version. If you feel that you wanted a different 85 to have in addition to your Zeiss 85, that might be a different way to go.

Jim

kezeka
Total Posts: 1160

designdog wrote:

In general my feelings towards wide angle lenses very much mirror yours. I am not as talented at masterfully composing the large number of subjects that a WA can capture as some of the members here. That said, I picked up the 21/2.8 a few months ago in a pinch where I needed a wide angle wider than my 35mm. I hated the 21 for a good couple of weeks and even put it up for sale for a while. Something clicked though and I decided to hang on to it for a little while longer and I have really started to enjoy using it now. It just adds some extra magic to photos and renders highlights really well. Definitely worth giving it a try if you are OK selling off your newest pride and joy. I could never dump my 85/1.2 since I am constantly starved for light in concerts at smaller venues but if you can without any consequences then by all means do. Best of luck in your decision!

Edit: I'll also add that I greatly prefer to use my 35mm if I am only bringing one lens. The 21 is definitely a specialty focal length in my bag.

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Thanks, guys. Actually I had a 85mm 1.4AI-s (and pretty much the entire family of the top AI-s lenses) but sold them in favor of the Zeiss. The 85mm had a lovely focus turn, but none of the Nikon MF lenses really hold up as well as Zeiss on my D800. IMHO. The one I really miss is the 50 1.2AI-s, and I might do something about that.

I am thinking, as I did before, that 21mm is too much for me. The Nikon 24 1.4 is really a great, very versatile lens. Probably best off to stay where I am (which ain't half bad!)

1       2       3              905      
       907              976       977       end