906              989       990       end

akul
Total Posts: 1611

rji2goleez wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Awesome Spuute

+1

+2

And, Bob, superb images with 15 distagon.

RDDave
Total Posts: 81

Hello all,
I'm new to posting on this board. I look at the images this board and it never ceases to amaze me of the high quality of the work on here.

Here's a few from me from the weekend from a walkabout in downtown Calgary. It was a beautiful day, no jacket and around 16 deg C. The following day it was minus 5 deg C and snow.

Enjoy the pictures, all shot with a 5DmkII.

Dave

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1595

rodizzle33 - liked the first photo, but the car makes me sad - why ruin perfectly good sports car with ~10deg cambers at rear...

darbo - nice B&W urban shots - the color one; I think it works better with 35, because if about same framing would have been shot with 100, then the stairs would have been shown almost only from side, and with 35 you could show more perspective allowing shadows work together with stairs better.

Sirfishalot - nice variety of colors, but why wide open?

rji2goleez - that 15mm must be really difficult to shoot, includes so much stuff that I could ever do anything usefull with it. Liked the last one most utilizing DOF with 15mm and that weird branch on top left corner.

Spuute - welcome! Very nice photo to start with, makes me want good quality ND filter, could extend shooting season for a month in fall/early winter with shore/cliffs shots like yours (I just have Hoya 8x and it has ugly magenta tint and 8x isn't enough for this kind of stuff)

RDDave - welcome! Liked the 3rd photo

joakim wrote:
Beautiful photos Samuli! Do you still use the Nodel ninja for panorama shots?

Thanks - if I plan to shoot complex panorama (near and far subjects and maybe multirow/column), then I take Nodal Ninja to camera bag.

However shooting simple one row/column panorama I just use my tripod head. Photoclam Multiflex (as well as Arca-Swiss Cube) are fairly simple for this; just setup everything into level (Multiflex has two accurate bubble levels to get it to level easily), then either use tilt gear (for vertical rotation) or rotating top plate (for horizontal rotation).

Few more "panoramas", thou being square and 2 or 3 shots I'm not sure should these be called panoramas...This time with Distagon T* 1.4/35 @ f/2.8

--
Samuli

Spuute
Total Posts: 6

Samuli Vahonen wrote:

Spuute - welcome! Very nice photo to start with, makes me want good quality ND filter, could extend shooting season for a month in fall/early winter with shore/cliffs shots like yours (I just have Hoya 8x and it has ugly magenta tint and 8x isn't enough for this kind of stuff)

Samuli

Thanks guys!

Oh I see. I had the B+W ND110 last year when i first started with this kind of photography, nad that filter gives some really ugly warm tint on the images.

Wet stones by p.bergkvist, on Flickr

Canon 5D Mark III
Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/18
Lee ND Softgrad 0,9
Lee Big Stopper
Phottix Aion Wireless Remote

ISO200
f/16
208 sec

zephoto
Total Posts: 205

I really wish I had a vista like that near me to try something like that out. Very very cool!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2481

Great shot Patric

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Spuute

Amazing shots Ronny, as usual

darbo
Total Posts: 193

rji2goleez wrote:
Playing around with the 35/2 wide open on the NEX-5N. I'm expecting this lens to be quite good on the a7R!

Looks good. And you've really got me thinking. I wonder if the A7R might be a perfect-suited platform for using Canon and Nikon-mount Zeiss lenses. The subject of accurate focusing with manual focus lenses is a frequent topic - discussed here just a page or two back - but the A7 / A7R has a built-in EVF with focus-peaking. I was about to order a Zacuto Z-finder for my Canon, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just order an A7R instead. Seeing all the new A7R + Otus 55mm samples today only amplifies my interest in the camera.

nicoimages
Total Posts: 147

Ronny as usual outstanding flower macros here

Pictures below were taken from the new Shard building in London (talest building in London at the moment) with my Nikon D800E and Zeiss 35mm f2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nico1974
http://nicoimages.com

zephoto
Total Posts: 205

Soooo I now want to try that macro + extension tube deal.

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Lovely images - looks like a great night to be in London. Wish I were sitting in the American Bar at the Stafford right now!

Seems this forum will be my new home, if you'll have me. Packed up the last of my Nikon MF lenses today, and Zeiss is my new focus (sorry.) Should have some photos to post in the next few days...

Spuute

Really nice shots Nicoimages.

Another shot from Lysekl, Sweden

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57754571@N04/
http://patricbergkvist.se
http://www.facebook.com/PatricBergkvistPhotography

Grey by p.bergkvist, on Flickr

Canon 5D Mark III
Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/18
Lee ND Softgrad 0,9
Lee Big Stopper

Ronny _Olsson

Great shot Nicholas and Patric

Crosspost from Hd-thread
100MP @ f2.0

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

mogud
Total Posts: 793

Great images here recently. I really like the flower shots that Ronnie does. I'm sorta partial to flowers/macros and the like. Keep them coming everyone.

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1595

Ronny, weird looking colors but I'm liking them.

Spuute, question: why ISO 200 and f/16 - why not ISO 100 and f/11? (in these webthumbnails it's damn same but at large size there should be difference due to noise and diffraction)

Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/50 @ f/2.8, 1/4s, ISO 100, Carl Zeiss T* polarizer

--
Samuli

Ronny _Olsson

Thanks Samuli.. when I edit my flower pictures, I like sometimes to experiment a bit ..
sometimes maybe too much I use a macro-action that I made myself which works pretty well for some images.. playing with the tone curve and saturation, and Vibrance... use split toning to get the colors that I like

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3015

85 P :

Ronny _Olsson

Great shot Z

Spuute

Samuli, I actually donīt know why i went for ISO200 but I donīt se that much more noice at 200 when printing in 70x100cm

Silence

Silence by p.bergkvist, on Flickr

Canon 5D Mark III
Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/18
Lee ND Softgrad 0,9
Lee Big Stopper
Phottix Aion Wireless Remote

ISO100
f/16
350 sec

wiseguy010
Total Posts: 743

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Samuli.. when I edit my flower pictures, I like sometimes to experiment a bit ..
sometimes maybe too much

Yes, this can give very nice results and in your case it nearly always does. I try to do it myself as well. However recently I learned that I better don't experiment when drinking a bottle of wine. At that moment everything looks great, but a day later it looks horrible and I can start all over again.

1       2       3              904      
       906              989       990       end