ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/887

1       2       3              887      
       889              972       973       end

Lars Johnsson
Total Posts: 33640

wfrank wrote:
*Really* like the presence in those 35/1.4 shots Lars!

Thanks Wilhelm

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2167

Thank's
Love your work Lars !

Zeiss Makro-Planar T * 50mm f / 2 ZF.2 Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

user222
Total Posts: 788

Ronny...your flower shot on the last page is just a knock out! Great colors.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2913

A 85 mm shooting a 75 mm -)

nibutto
Total Posts: 179

got zf.2 28/2 for 1 day
what do you think about this lens?
I like the complessive rendering, but I can't justify the 28 cause I own 21 and 35.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15085

I love my 28/2, and also own the 21/2.8 and 35/1.4. I use them all I use the 35 the most, then the 21, then the 28, but I would never sell the 28, it renders fantastically, if you can live with its field curvature.

S. Calvino
Total Posts: 60

Great stuff on here... The 21 and 100 are getting more and more tempting with each passing day

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 2949

28/2 is sorta more "street/closeup" kind of lens, not really landscape one..

kezeka
Total Posts: 1104

Just bought the 21mm to cover small concert venues. Absolutely hated it for the first 2 weeks I owned it but forced myself to use it on a couple of walks with friends. It has definitely grown on me and I wont be selling it for a little while. Still in search of the perfect 50mm low light lens though. Can't wait to stick a CP filter on this thing to bring out greens and reduce the abundant amount of plant glare in photos.

not the greatest photo ever but I think it shows some of the potential for this lens to really create a dynamic image:

rirakuma
Total Posts: 388

Congrats on your 21mm. Its such an amazing lens, great for both close portraits and wide landscapes.

kezeka

rirakuma wrote:
Congrats on your 21mm. Its such an amazing lens, great for both close portraits and wide landscapes.

I am really struggling to take portraits with it that I am comfortable with presenting to clients or news organizations due to the perspective distortion. Do you have any tips on how to approach a portrait photo with a lens this wide? Until 3 weeks ago, I hadn't owned a lens wider than my 35L for 2 years, and even then the widest I ever owned was a 24mm for critical work. At one point I had a 14 but that was more for fun than anything. Needless to say, I am not well acquainted with the wide lenses purely because I have never really needed one until now.

S. Calvino
Total Posts: 60

Here's two from a recent trip.

85P

rirakuma
Total Posts: 388

kezeka wrote:
rirakuma wrote:

I am really struggling to take portraits with it that I am comfortable with presenting to clients or news organizations due to the perspective distortion. Do you have any tips on how to approach a portrait photo with a lens this wide? Until 3 weeks ago, I hadn't owned a lens wider than my 35L for 2 years, and even then the widest I ever owned was a 24mm for critical work. At one point I had a 14 but that was more for fun than anything. Needless to say, I am not well acquainted with the wide lenses purely because I have never really needed one until now.

Hmm that's interesting, my experience was actually the opposite when it came to distortion. I felt that the Zeiss 21mm handled it much better than most other 21mm variants. Here are a few I've taken with the 21mm, I have more but I didn't upload them all. I guess the only tip I can suggest is to keep your subject somewhat centered or not in extreme corners and sides. Would you happen to have a few samples you can share that you find is unrepresentable due to the distortion? Hope you'll get the hang of it soon, its one of the things I really miss from this lens

dubaiphil
Total Posts: 824

2/35 Distagon eavesdropping on an argument:

PeterGlaso
Total Posts: 588

ZF 100/2 on NEX-7 with mitakon lens turbo. Wide open, 1/1250s, ISO 400. The norwegian prime minister.

user222
Total Posts: 788

Nice ones. S. Calvino I like the simplicity of your photos. Rirakuma you have some great stuff. Dphil, Peter...awesome!

50MP (a few shots stitched)

san juan view by craig_coonrad, on Flickr

rodizzle33
Total Posts: 352

The 35mm f/2 on my RX1

Fishing on Divorce Beach - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico by rodknee_ty2003, on Flickr

DSC01021 by rodknee_ty2003, on Flickr

Sirfishalot
Total Posts: 3526

Here's one from the 35/2 ZE on the 1DX. This is straight out of the camera:

JayT

dylan21
Total Posts: 906

Very attractive family!!!

kezeka

Here are just a few people pictures with what I consider some strangeness to them. I guess in hindsight only the one with the longhorn has a significant bit of perspective distortion to it, but there is a good bit of stretching in the legs of the portrait oriented photo at the end.

1       2       3              887      
       889              972       973       end