ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/855

1       2       3              855      
       857              982       983       end

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 6593

Great shots Wilhelm, Phil, and Ronny (most dramatic flowers!).

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1798

Very Nice Ullf, second one is my favorite.
Wilhelm, nice winter light. Btw, looks like your sensor needs a cleaning.
Samuli, that new 135 sure looks good to me.
Luka, I like your third shot best.
Toothwalker, third one is my favorite but for my taste it would be better if you clone out the wheel in the top right corner.
Dramatic looking flowers Ronny!
Phil, very nice colors.

6D + 21ZE:

Istanbul by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1586

Wilhelm, you had dust on your sensor when you took the winter pictures, there is function in Lightroom and Aperture to clone it out Liked the 3rd shot, fence working as leading line and verticals being vertical.

Toothwalker, liked the leaning building one.

Ronny, great usage of light, thou I would have enjoy it more without the weird glow caused by enhancing backlight effect on the first photo.

Akul, I like the "geology" of your shooting location - can you PM me longitude and latitude of your usual shooting location [I would assume your earlier posts are from this location as well] (or Googlemaps link). Liked those erratic rocks (not sure if that is the correct word in English, other "word" dictionaty gave me wasn't so short: "large piece of rock that has been relocated by glacial ice"). Liked the last one best, would have liked the 3rd but somebody has drawn arrow to the rock, really annoying to paint rocks like this...

Phil, enjoyed both of your nightscapes. Did you get vertical verticals just by cropping or did you need to correct in post processing?

mortyb wrote:
Electric bike - cool.

have been bicycling to and from work few years, normal bike would do for half year, but when there is +10cm (+4") snow electric bike makes going work enjoyable...

Few with 2/28, sorry Wilhelm no wide open stuff

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/5.6, 1/320s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/9, 1/160s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/8, 1/250s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/5.6, 1/50s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/8, 1/100s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/11, 1/50s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/8, 1/80s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/8, 1/60s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Samuli

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1312

Jochenb wrote:
Toothwalker, third one is my favorite but for my taste it would be better if you clone out the wheel in the top right corner.

Our tastes are perhaps different, but not concerning the beautiful light you had in Istanbul.

dubaiphil: Wonderful nightscapes.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Thank you Ronny, Jochen, Samuli,

Jochen - Great shot of mosque. Hagia Sophia ? Very nice composition.

Samuli - Really loving your downed tree shots. #5 and #7 are my particular favorites.

Samuli Vahonen wrote:

Akul, I like the "geology" of your shooting location - can you PM me longitude and latitude of your usual shooting location [I would assume your earlier posts are from this location as well] (or Googlemaps link). Liked those erratic rocks (not sure if that is the correct word in English, other "word" dictionaty gave me wasn't so short: "large piece of rock that has been relocated by glacial ice"). Liked the last one best, would have liked the 3rd but somebody has drawn arrow to the rock, really annoying to paint rocks like this...

Samuli

Yes it is the same location as the recent one. It is from Harriman State Park in New York. This particular location is becoming my favorite, it is a few hour hike from nearby trail heads. A lot of 'view points' in this park has similar geological featuers.

https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=harriman+state+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=harriman+state+park&hnear=harriman+state+park&cid=0,0,4955857095859275826&ei=OL-JUcnKJqeF0QGCgoFg&ved=0CIgBEPwSMAQ

Those rocks, I guess one can call them 'boulder'. NY along hudson river has a lot of rock formation like this. And getting hit by Hurricane two years in a row, a lot of damage was done to the forest. As a lot of tree roots are shallow due to the rock under them.

The arrow you see on the rock is the trail marker for hikers. Often, when there are no trees, they use paint like those. Not so great for photos, but also I am relying on them to find the way as well.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2992

From the port of Cassis :

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2419

Thanks
Good shot Jochen
Great details Samuli
Love the colors Z

Playtime

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

nibutto
Total Posts: 187

And finally after a lot of rain we can see the spring through a 100 macro...

this is new sigma 35/1,4

weissj
Total Posts: 794

Accidentally double posted and I'm unable to delete this extraneous post. Help?

weissj
Total Posts: 794

Hill Country, TX
ZE 21

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1798

Thanks guys.
Luka, no it's the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (blue mosque)

Ripolini
Total Posts: 365

D300 + 100/2 ZF @ f/2.8:

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2419

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

photoe
Total Posts: 45

Comparison picture between MP 2/100 and AS 2/135 @f2
I was curious how both perform in a side by side comparison.

The 2/135 is here at MFD.
Handheld picture, slightly cropped and sharpened. No other PP.

Red strawberry blossom / Zeiss Apo-Sonnar 2/135 @f2 by photooe, on Flickr

Red strawberry blossom / Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100 @f2 by photooe, on Flickr

Ripolini

They look very very similar ... or am I missing something

kiddik
Total Posts: 187

Ripolini wrote:

Wow! I agree! They look almost identical, but I must admit the 135/2 is cleaner (lack of CA) and seems to have marginally better color, but the 100/2 seems to have smoother bokeh, at least in this particular case. But I must wonder if I can justify adding the 135/2 if I already own 100/2? Other than to marvel at 135's beautiful physique :-) I'll bet the difference could be a lot more dramatic in a more demanding scenario, there have been times where 100/2's CA has driven me nuts. Thanks for the photos photoe!

RiverGuy
Total Posts: 39

Somehow I like this uncropped better. I guess it allows for the full depth effect. Across the board I'm seeing the very beautiful element of color rendition making the 135/2 a terrific lens. This is something you notice more over time, especially in low light and with unusual colors. It's a bit more subtle than putting things in high contrast situations (which I generally don't like to begin with) and then hunting for the green, violet or purple fringes.

I still love my old workhorse 100/2, but then its near macro range gives me something else all together. Some of us pray to Zeiss for a 100/2 APO true 1:1 macro. Would be expensive, no doubt. But if they could engineer it, I'd buy it.

http://danmacdonald.zenfolio.com/zeiss135_for_nikon/slideshow

photoe
Total Posts: 45

kiddik wrote:
Ripolini wrote:

Wow! I agree! They look almost identical, but I must admit the 135/2 is cleaner (lack of CA) and seems to have marginally better color, but the 100/2 seems to have smoother bokeh, at least in this particular case. But I must wonder if I can justify adding the 135/2 if I already own 100/2? Other than to marvel at 135's beautiful physique :-) I'll bet the difference could be a lot more dramatic in a more demanding scenario, there have been times where 100/2's CA has driven me nuts. Thanks for the photos photoe!

They look very similar, if you don't look too close.

kiddik you are right about smoother bokeh, better color and lack of CA.
If you take a very close look also better resolution.

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1312

Two more with the D2/25:

Ripolini

photoe wrote:
They look very similar, if you don't look too close.

OK. This implies they are 'identical' if you look at a 'print'.

1       2       3              855      
       857              982       983       end