ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/848

1       2       3              848      
       850              998       999       end

dthrog00
Total Posts: 272

Quite honestly I don't like that image regardless of whether the guy who posted said it was authentic or not... The blur is coming out of the kids head and the street looks bizarre!

Dave

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 1048

That's some pretty bad Photoshop :/

Wonder why he lied about it.

Picture This!
Total Posts: 1963

The plane of focus is totally ape in that shot. Looks fake.

zhangyue
Total Posts: 3001

zhangyue wrote:

I was on iphone, now look it again from my computer, I agree this is super weird look, especially edge of in focus zone. Though at this distance(3-4M, judged from kid size) for 85mm, the kid could have gotten similar DOF if 85mm is as sharp as legend suggested. Especially, at this web size, you can't judge DOF clearly with some PP and resize.

So, I guess it is just heavy PPed with mask/brush in lightroom or PS. the image could have been took at f1.2.

I never be a fan for this rendering anyway. (the similar apply with 200f1.8/f2 canikon)

I do see similar POP image often from 85mm 1.2 group in Flickr, though, they are just not fake as this one (bad PP taste IMO).

Looks like it was took at f1.2.

see this:
http://www.pbase.com/anerino/image/82095236&exif=Y

I am surprised so many people like this image from DPR? SH!

AlexDROP
Total Posts: 144

The plane of focus must be reflected on the ground showing a narrow sharp line that is absent on the shot. Moreover the foreground is heavily patched and has some evident areas of recurring textures/patterns. And it's a little bit more than "blah,blah, blah... just levels honestly". No doubt he is lying. Though I don't have enough facts to state that the background picture and the boy shot were taken separately.

bushwacker
Total Posts: 894

zhangyue wrote:

see this:

http://www.pbase.com/anerino/image/82095236&exif=Y

I am surprised so many people like this image from DPR? SH!

people at DPR say WOW at this picture some are skeptical and one guy says it's 3d.

can someone here pls replicate the same with the same size kid with either zeiss 85mm or 100 Makro.

for me it looks really fake.

Here's a sample shot with 85mm L at f1.2 for me this is real. It doesn't look 3d but it is good, I like this better than the Kid pic.

http://www.pbase.com/ericsorensen/image/112387104

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1596

kwoodard wrote:
Unless the guy is lying, its not a PS job... (but I agree, looks too good to be true)

He is lying, the kid has too big DOF. Dodging and burning explains why kid's shoes don't have vignetting as much as background. The amount of background blur doesn't look weird to me (before moving to Zeiss I shot a lot with 85/1.2mkII), but it won't make the image great - typical 85/1.2L image; cardboard people on blurry background - people don't have clear shape and volume, just damn flat cardboard figures - definitely not even slightest hint of 3D in these.

We need more pictures here....

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/2, 1/2500s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Samuli

Blackout
Total Posts: 31

Zeiss 135mm Apo Sonnar at f/11 + Canon 500D close-up lens. I was looking forward to try that combo, even though there are many things to do with the lens alone in the first place.

Little spring flowers on lawn by Florent Chouffot, on Flickr

carstenw
Total Posts: 16067

AlexDROP wrote:
The plane of focus must be reflected on the ground showing a narrow sharp line that is absent on the shot. Moreover the foreground is heavily patched and has some evident areas of recurring textures/patterns. And it's a little bit more than "blah,blah, blah... just levels honestly". No doubt he is lying. Though I don't have enough facts to state that the background picture and the boy shot were taken separately.

If you read the thread to the end, he added that he had forgotten that he extended the foreground via cloning. This is why the ground looks so weird. There was originally too little foreground under the kid's feet.

I am not sure that it is fake beyond that. The depth of field is a bit odd, but so is the dof of the 50MP, and I don't know this lens. I don't like the look particularly though. As Samuli says, it looks like a cardboard person in front of a blurry backdrop, nothing inspiring there, and the colours look fake or wrong. I have never been that impressed with the photos I have seen from the 85L, but I am careful about saying that, since it has so many fans.

Samuli Vahonen

Blackout wrote:
Zeiss 135mm Apo Sonnar at f/11 + Canon 500D close-up lens. I was looking forward to try that combo, even though there are many things to do with the lens alone in the first place.

Thanks for posting this (and other photos to your Flickr) - checked also in large size in Flickr. 500D doesn't seem to decrease quality much - was this at maximum magnification?

I think I'll buy 500D with Zeiss 135, hoping to find inventory from somewhere - I was just last weekend on New York swearing that B&H just went out of stock when I arrived...

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/4, 1/800s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Samuli

ltruong8
Total Posts: 131

I had a trip to some island last weekend. Here is a view from the highest mountain of the biggest island .

And some other views:

mortyb
Total Posts: 1369

6D + 85/1.4.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2590

Great shot Samuli

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

wfrank
Total Posts: 2977

Sweet #1 Ronny.

Distagon 21/2.8, non-profane profane shot.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3141

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Samuli

Great shots Ronny!!

Grenache
Total Posts: 1952

Twoeye, mountain shot is excellent. Great color set against the lack of it elsewhere.

Martynas, ship shots are excellent. A concrete ship Somehow, that sound almost as silly as making one out of lead.

Jim

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2590

Thanks
Great shot Wilhelm

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Samuli Vahonen

Luan, which lens you shoot the sea shore photos? Liked most the 4th photo; water "texture" was nice.

Morten, not very exiting subject but very nice photo due to depth of field, excellent usage of focus-bokeh transfers.

Wilhelm, great "presense" on the 21mm shot even in webthumbnail size.

Ronny, liked both 2/35 shots with stairs - sunny (=very sharp lightning) weather combined to 2/35 contrast makes the overall contrast almost "slide like".

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/5, 1/500s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Samuli

raboof
Total Posts: 1570

Got my first Zeiss.

35mm f2 1/40 (Louisiana crawfish).

beud
Total Posts: 17

Jochenb wrote:
Johnny, you got lucky! Seeing the bag still standing there must have been such a relief.

Some of you might remember me selling a lot of my Zeiss ZE lenses? Well, I've only got the 21 and 50P left and was thinking to just quit using a DSLR.
I recently bought the Fuji 14mm (which is great), but it soon reminded me how much I've always loved my 21mm distagon.
Because of this I've decided sell the Fuji kit and don't abandon the DSLR just yet.

21ZE:

Under the pink clouds by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Damn, you managed to shoot almost the same picture as this one :
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details/2810/manarola%2C_cinque_terre.html

1       2       3              848      
       850              998       999       end