ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/847

1       2       3              847      
       849              981       982       end

JaKo
Total Posts: 1008

Thanks Sirfishalot and Diploneis!

Jay, the extra rain we get in our Pacific Northwest 'hood can be beneficial when it comes to photography, especially in spring

More from Japanese Nitobe Garden

Eight images stitch

Eight images stitch

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2410

Great shot Jako

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

wfrank
Total Posts: 2948

Diploneis wrote:

You can see more of this place (plenty of it) and judge for yourself http://500px.com/search?tag=Trondheim. I did some post during which and ripples and reflection got much more pronounced. So - no it is not (sorry double u frank!)

I could have sworn it was because some of the "missing" features in the reflection. Sry, my bad :-)

Either way, beautiful image and strong character as usual coming from you.

twoeye
Total Posts: 409

Diploneis - beautiful shot from Skogn, intriguing reflections from Trondheim, but the colors in the Skogn shot is better.
Akul - like your b&w conversion with beautiful tonality.
Dubaiphil - great b&w Venice wall.
Jochenb - well captured Siena colours.
Samuli - great demonstration of the importance of timing the light. Like your b&w in previous set.
JaKo two very green sets, #2 and #3 of your first set my favs.

One from this weekend, skiing the Lyngen Alps:

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1793

Thanks guys.
Twoeye, wow nice shot!

Thorsten
Total Posts: 755

A few from the ZF 135/2. All at f/2, except the last one which is at f/4.

JaKo
Total Posts: 1008

twoeye; great composition and simplicity. You rarely post here, but when you do, you DO!
Oh BTW, kudos for 'dragging' your DSLR and Zeiss glass up to the mountain to capture and share such an image.

twoeye
Total Posts: 409

Thank you Jochenb and JaKo!
For these kind of treks I am always torn between bringing my 24-105L or two or three primes. Coming home, I am always happy for having taken on the slight hassle of the primes. Even if this was more or less the only good image captured for three days due to changing weather and white-out conditions most of the time.

Diploneis
Total Posts: 300

Twoeye - great snowscape! Very impressive! Thorsten - wonderful series! Very cute! Superb output from that lens!

Helena was very kind to share with me the coordinates of this desolate concrete ship near by Trondheim. So I had a trip to Fosen Peninsula yesterday. All I could find out about it that is called Crete Joist - the concrete ship ran ashore in 1942 and has survived several attempts to sink it. The weather was not cooperating with me, but still here is what I came up with:

5DMKII, ZE21(with B+W 10x ND) @ F9/512s

F5.6/180s

Diploneis

And here is one with 2/35

Cheers,
Martynas

Thorsten
Total Posts: 755

Diploneis wrote:
Twoeye - great snowscape! Very impressive! Thorsten - wonderful series! Very cute! Superb output from that lens!

Helena was very kind to share with me the coordinates of this desolate concrete ship near by Trondheim. So I had a trip to Fosen Peninsula yesterday. All I could find out about it that is called Crete Joist - the concrete ship ran ashore in 1942 and has survived several attempts to sink it. The weather was not cooperating with me, but still here is what I came up with:

Thank you! Love the 2nd one! Was that how it looked, or is it a tinted B+W conversion?

Diploneis

Thank you, Thorsten! It was like that with long exposure. And colors are VSCO Film.

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1584

Twoeye, wonderful capture ("skiing the Lyngen Alps")!

Thorsten, thanks for posting 2/135 images, we haven't seen many here yet, feel free to post more

JaKo, the 8 image panorama looks very good, thou composition could be enhanced, thou this kind of panoramas are really hard to compose.

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/10, 1/125s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/5.6, 1/320s, 5DmkII@ISO100

Samuli

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1793

Great shots as usual Martynas.

85P:

Emptiness by Jochen-B, on Flickr

dthrog00
Total Posts: 240

The 50P isn't known for being great from close up, but I like this one at f/2.

2013_04_21_0363_upd_bw by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
Dave

michael49
Total Posts: 5411

A few with the ZE 35 f/2 on a 6D.....

bushwacker
Total Posts: 871

Hello Zeiss people,

Just one question is this the proper way to bokeh? or a 3D? seems like the Kid been copy and pasted. Don't you think? it looks unatural.

here it is:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2035384

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2780

bushwacker wrote:

Hello Zeiss people,

Just one question is this the proper way to bokeh? or a 3D? seems like the Kid been copy and pasted. Don't you think? it looks unatural.

here it is:

It seems image applied a strong/weird vignette to it, otherwise, I don't feel it is unreal. This is match what I see from Flickr 85L group and this is exact reason I want avoid this lens now, (though I have to try it someday) I personally don't like this kind of 'POP'. It is not the way I see things

I was on iphone, now look it again from my computer, I agree this is super weird look, especially edge of in focus zone. Though at this distance(3-4M, judged from kid size) for 85mm, the kid could have gotten similar DOF if 85mm is as sharp as legend suggested. Especially, at this web size, you can't judge DOF clearly with some PP and resize.

So, I guess it is just heavy PPed with mask/brush in lightroom or PS. the image could have been took at f1.2.

I never be a fan for this rendering anyway. (the similar apply with 200f1.8/f2 canikon)

I do see similar POP image often from 85mm 1.2 group in Flickr, though, they are just not fake as this one (bad PP taste IMO).

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1584

bushwacker wrote:

Hello Zeiss people,

here it is:

Not sure are you seriously asking... Quite obvious that it's PhotoShop result not real photo, would require lobotomy to believe this is real image;
1) kid has DOF worth of f/2.8-3.5 (the left arm in focus, which is 20-30cm further away compared to right side of face) while background has ultra shallow DOF
2) vignetting only occurs in background - real vignetting would also affect to kid's legs

Samuli

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2880

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
bushwacker wrote:

Hello Zeiss people,

here it is:

Not sure are you seriously asking... Quite obvious that it's PhotoShop result not real photo, would require lobotomy to believe this is real image;
1) kid has DOF worth of f/2.8-3.5 (the left arm in focus, which is 20-30cm further away compared to right side of face) while background has ultra shallow DOF
2) vignetting only occurs in background - real vignetting would also affect to kid's legs

Samuli

Unless the guy is lying, its not a PS job... (but I agree, looks too good to be true)

from the link

wow! thanks all. i've posted this on a few forums and in each forum I got the same question about the bokeh being real.

Just to clarify here, I DID NOT touch the background in any way. The only processing I did here was some levels and burned the edges where the street was dark. I did sharpen for web (150, 0.2, 0).

but that is it, honestly. I think this has a surreal feel because of the quality light. It was just after a rainfall and the sun was at my back under cloud cover...that along with shooting at f/1.2.

1       2       3              847      
       849              981       982       end