ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/845

1       2       3              845      
846
       847              1079       1080       end

wiseguy010
Registered: Mar 08, 2009
Total Posts: 830
Country: Netherlands

RiverGuy wrote:
ZF 135/2 working with Helicon Focus. 16 images stacked. 2nd image is crop of the first.

http://danmacdonald.zenfolio.com/zeiss135_for_nikon


Very nice. Do you know if there is good focus stacking software available as plugin for Lightroom?



deang001
Registered: Apr 23, 2011
Total Posts: 1793
Country: China

Reagan wrote:
Dean, You street photography excels with the M9 and 50mp
great work on both threads
Same to you Ronny and Phillipe
Everyone else here has great work also

Reagan


Thanks, Reagan !!

Lot of familiar people on this thread



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4368
Country: United States

deang001 wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Dean, You street photography excels with the M9 and 50mp
great work on both threads
Same to you Ronny and Phillipe
Everyone else here has great work also

Reagan


Thanks, Reagan !!

Lot of familiar people on this thread

I think Reagan is feeling the pull of Zeiss (and AF? What is up with that Reagan?) I know I would love a Zeiss lens, but unless its given to me, my economics would have to change drastically.



RiverGuy
Registered: Jan 04, 2009
Total Posts: 108
Country: United States

wiseguy010 wrote:
RiverGuy wrote:
ZF 135/2 working with Helicon Focus. 16 images stacked. 2nd image is crop of the first.

http://danmacdonald.zenfolio.com/zeiss135_for_nikon


Very nice. Do you know if there is good focus stacking software available as plugin for Lightroom?


I don't know. I would wonder about Lightroom, as it would be early in the PP process, or earlier than I like to do stacking. I generally process the layer photos in NX2, convert to JPEG or rarely TIFF, then stack, then crop if necessary. You have to be very careful not to introduce any more variation in light levels or anything else before you stack, since the software needs layers where the variation is mainly in the point of focus. By the time HF takes on the stack of images, everything is already done to them. PP sharpening, any WB adjustment, etc. But I don't play with anything that wouldn't be the same adjustment image to image. So you can batch adjust a whole stack to a certain light level, a sharpness level, and maybe a WB adjustment to a grey card or something. Then stack them in HF and run the results. I might rarely adjust light in the final image, or even select a piece of the background to darken or lighten in NX2 afterward.

You can't stack NEF images. So a plugin to something like Lightroom doesn't really help much, I would think. But that's a guess, I don't really know.

--Dan



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16153
Country: Germany

Some of the plugins do convert before the export to the plugin, so that would work. And of course there is nothing stopping you from doing all your usual Lightroom stuff before invoking the plugin. I think it could work well.



RiverGuy
Registered: Jan 04, 2009
Total Posts: 108
Country: United States

carstenw wrote:
Some of the plugins do convert before the export to the plugin, so that would work. And of course there is nothing stopping you from doing all your usual Lightroom stuff before invoking the plugin. I think it could work well.


I'm sure I was trying to say what you just said, but didn't make it clear. Thanks, I agree. I was just trying to stress that it's best to give the HF stacking program, the only one I'm familiar with, as uniform a series of layers as possible, with the main variable being the depth of field. So all the creative PP that isn't absolutely uniform needs to occur after the stacks become one image.

--Dan



akul
Registered: May 30, 2010
Total Posts: 2384
Country: United States

RiverGuy- Thank you very much for your detailed 'focus stacking demystified' report. Great information. Getting a bit of an itch after visiting your gallery. Very nice works.



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16153
Country: Germany

RiverGuy wrote:
carstenw wrote:
Some of the plugins do convert before the export to the plugin, so that would work. And of course there is nothing stopping you from doing all your usual Lightroom stuff before invoking the plugin. I think it could work well.


I'm sure I was trying to say what you just said, but didn't make it clear. Thanks, I agree. I was just trying to stress that it's best to give the HF stacking program, the only one I'm familiar with, as uniform a series of layers as possible, with the main variable being the depth of field. So all the creative PP that isn't absolutely uniform needs to occur after the stacks become one image.

--Dan


Yes, that makes sense. Unify exposure and white balance, perhaps some other global operations, then HF, then local operations.



Lieutenant Z
Registered: Nov 21, 2010
Total Posts: 3616
Country: France

Gregg, love the last one
Ronny, the bird shot is amazing

85P :



Samuli Vahonen
Registered: Jul 16, 2003
Total Posts: 1892
Country: Finland

Was nice to see 28mm images in last pages - thanks for posting. That lens has great characteristics.

Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 @ f/2.8, 1/800s, 5DmkII


Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1.4/35 @ f/1.4, 1/2000s, 5DmkII


Samuli



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16153
Country: Germany

Downhill and uphill? I prefer the first one.



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16153
Country: Germany

Greggf wrote:
Ladybug...


Factoid: did you know that these are called ladybirds in British English? Ladybirds aren't actually bugs, which shockingly actually has a specific definition. Anyway, they are not birds either



Samuli Vahonen
Registered: Jul 16, 2003
Total Posts: 1892
Country: Finland

carstenw wrote:
Downhill and uphill? I prefer the first one.

No - typo in the lens descriptions (corrected), same tree with 100mm and 35mm.

Samuli



Diploneis
Registered: Jul 08, 2010
Total Posts: 369
Country: Norway

It was a lovely and dramatic evening in old fishing village of Skogn, Norway with storm clouds rolling in from the fjord. 21ZE with B+W 10x ND filter and exposure of 5 minutes. FujiFilm 160c VSCO filter applied in post processing and some dodging.







Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4412
Country: United States

^^^^^^^^^^
The above photo is what makes me want into the Zeiss world again
Even though I know it's more the photographer than the equipment
Well Done

Reagan

More of the people I know have the 50 MP
and I thought that's the way I was leaning but there's something about photos with the 50P that draws me
Someone tell me it is a nice lens also



akul
Registered: May 30, 2010
Total Posts: 2384
Country: United States

Samuli - Light on the #1 is very nice.

Martynas - That shot is a feast to my eyes. Love the rendering of second structure behind the main house. Some magnetic force there. Ha ha.

1,4/ 35 @f4





dubaiphil
Registered: Jun 10, 2009
Total Posts: 972
Country: United Arab Emirates

2/35 Distagon and D700

Campo San Polo, Venice







wfrank
Registered: Feb 09, 2011
Total Posts: 3144
Country: Sweden

Lovely BW's dubai and Luka!



Jochenb
Registered: May 25, 2010
Total Posts: 2059
Country: Belgium

Martynas, great shot again. Do you have a 82mm B+W ND110? The stores here only go to 77mm.
Luka, I like that B&W conversion.
Phil, once again this demonstrates why I think the 35/2 is excellent for B&W! One of the best in the whole Zeiss lineup for this IMHO.

50P:


Siena by Jochen-B, on Flickr



joakim
Registered: Apr 06, 2008
Total Posts: 2027
Country: Sweden

Samuli, of the two tree photos I prefer the one taken with the 35 mm.
Martynas, excellent photo.
Luka, very good b&w
Dubai, also a very good b&w photo
Jochen, very nice photo from Siena



1       2       3              845      
846
       847              1079       1080       end