ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/842

1       2       3              842      
       844              988       989       end

darbo
Total Posts: 192

The rendering on Samuli's 2/28 photos really stands out to me. The 2/28 was my first Zeiss lens purchase and I love(d) the rendering of it, but returned it to the retailer and got the 1.4/35 instead because the CA of the 2/28 really put me off. Lately, though, I've been thinking it would be good to re-visit the 2/28 - to re-purchase it - now that I've added other essential Zeiss lenses to my bag (2.8/21, 1.4/35, 2/100).

During my brief time owning a Nikon (D800) I also owned the 2/25 ZF.2. It's technically superb (very sharp and very well-corrected) and I am somewhat tempted to get the Canon version, but the rendering quality of the 2/28 very much appeals to me. It's nice to see that others have similar positive thoughts about the not-so-popular 2/28.

Sehfehler
Total Posts: 8

Zeiss 21mm 2.8

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2476

Sehfehler: I like the last one most
Welcome!

Ronny //

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Sehfehler - It looks like a Liebsikind or Eisenman ish buidling. Who did that thing? I am saying with not too much enthusiasm. The thin-looking metal plates with wavy finish look hoorible ( as building) . Not your photo though. Just like for some portraits, zeiss can reveal blemish Very nice composition.I like the photo, not the quality of the new building.

RiverGuy
Total Posts: 45

Here's a quick effort late today before dusk at the U. of Tenn botanical garden. The image with several tulips was done too quickly and I missed a layer in the stacking. Oh, well.

I already knew from Lloyd Chambers' review that I would like the ZF 135. First impressions in the field bear that out. The two lenses I use that best compare are the Hartblei 80 superrotator, which still has what I think is the most impressive bokeh from any DSLR lens, and the Coastal Optics 60 APO. This is saying a lot for the ZF 135 as it costs only 2/3 what a Hartblei 80 costs, and half what a Coastal Optics 60 APO costs. In a few weeks I'll have a better feel for the comparisons.

The ZF 135 is a much more practical lens for day to day photography, for me, anyway. I use the Coastal 60 almost exclusively for my artifact photography. The Hartblei is a fabulous lens, but really hard to use as it's totally dead to the camera.

I've had neurosurgery and a replaced knee, so I'm about a tenth as steady with the camera as I was five years ago. All these images were done with tripod, MUP setting, cable release.

The focus ring on this lens is really thick in motion compared to the ZF 100/2, which I've used extensively in my artifact work, too. It's beautifully precise, but so thick in response that I find myself jerking the camera around when I try to handhold and focus. I'm sure I'll get better at it, but I won't be doing any portrait sessions where I can't afford to loose crucial images. At least not soon.... I'm not a big fan of manual lens portrait work anyway, but I do want some sessions with good subjects in front of this lens. Very slow, very cooperative subjects.

--Dan

RiverGuy

Well, so much for 640 pixels on the long side. I can't see the quality in the ZF 135 images I just posted. Someone advise me as to what size I should use.

hijazist
Total Posts: 2166

Diploneis wrote:
Jako & Bob - superb shots!

Cheers,
Martynas

For more images: www.facebook.com/pages/Martynas-Milkevi%C4%8Dius-Photo/315309251853942

Martynas, your images inspired me to re-buy some of the Zeiss lenses I sold. I still need to get my hand on the 21 2.8 again... Great work there Was the last one Petra?

RiverGuy

Here are the same ZF 135/2 images I posted earlier, in as high a res display as I can get them:

http://danmacdonald.zenfolio.com/zeiss135_for_nikon/slideshow

Be sure to fill your screen with the slideshow. Thanks.

I have more for processing, and I'll shoot a variety of things in the next week. Very, very pleased with the lens.

--Dan

Sehfehler
Total Posts: 8

Ronny: Thanks!

Akul: Ha, I didn't even notice the wavy metal plates. +1 for attention of detail on my part.

A women named Carmen Izquierdo is behind the design. She is swedish/spanish architect and have apparently won a few prices for the building.

Here are a few pictures and plan drawings from the building.

http://translate.google.se/translate?client=safari&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&q=apparently%3Fsl%3Dauto&tl=en&u=http://www.izquierdo.se%0A

edgately
Total Posts: 100

I love coming back to this thread. Thank for all for sharing the Zeiss love!

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 679

Design in street wear

2/28 @ 5.6

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2476

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Zeiss Makro-Planar T * 50mm f / 2 ZF.2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

edgately
Total Posts: 100

Ronny I really love the last flower shot

Grenache
Total Posts: 1913

Two more from the sunrise volcano shoot on Maui with the 21, and a couple flower shots with the 1.4/35.
Jim

Mars on Earth by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Magic beams by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Blue Flower, Red Thorns by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Twin Towers by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

wiseguy010
Total Posts: 742

edgately wrote:
Ronny I really love the last flower shot

And I really like the boat.

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 679

Grenache smashing stuff the landscapes are. I'm a bit on the fence regarding the colours in the second one though, are they true(-ish) to reality?

morpheus2891
Total Posts: 800

Jim... those are stunning! Me and my wife will be in Maui in late May. Judging by your pictures we will definitely need to try to catch a sunrise on Haleakala

rirakuma
Total Posts: 411

Rod and Jim beautiful shots !

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1595

Jim, great pics from Maui - would love to see more details on the ground, have been cranking up levels in PhotoShop of your JPGs to see more

Not the createst art or technical shot but had to share my 2013 summer most important new photographic (if I would not photograph I would never purchased it) equipment I'll be using - hopefully it will help finding new perspectives and views (Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1.4/35 @ f/1.4, 1/6s, ISO 100):

Thou I don't think I'll be using it any time soon - "Meanwhile in the lake" - Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 @ f/11, 1/60s (vignetting slider touched in Apple Aperture)

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1.4/35 @ f/11, 1/40s, ISO 100

Samuli

wfrank
Total Posts: 2968

Good page as usual. Love the guitar and your sure have a comfy sofa Samuli.

Two random squares with Distagon 35/1.4.

1       2       3              842      
       844              988       989       end