Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4290

1       2       3              4290      
       4292              4309       4310       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4508

For Jeff... Best I got is a taxiing shot.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 760

futurshox wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
I still have to find the time to start using LR tried it a couple of time but don't get it...

I can run you through it in October if you like.

Ar, here we are at top again... My name ain't Zim, but that doesn't stop me shooting through airliner windows....
These were somewhere between Portland and San Diego.

Dear Lady Jo, please feel free to do as many window shots as you see fit. I like all three, and especially #1 I guess it's the portrait orientation that puts the cherry on top.

OK more blue it is then.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2389

nickjohnson wrote:

Dear Lady Jo, please feel free to do as many window shots as you see fit. I like all three, and especially #1 I guess it's the portrait orientation that puts the cherry on top.

Since you ask so nicely
Here's some things in the desert...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3371

Jo, the first is the aircraft boneyard at the Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville, CA and the second is Kia's automobile proving ground near Mojave. Honda's proving ground is a few miles north of that, near Cantil.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2336804/The-great-aviation-graveyard-New-aerial-images-hundreds-planes-left-die-American-deserts.html

http://kia-buzz.com/a-glimpse-into-the-hush-hush-world-of-automotive-proving-grounds/

Among the other weird and wonderful things to be seen from the air over the CA desert is Lockheed Martin's hush-hush Radar Cross Section test facility near Helendale, where stealth technologies are proved out.

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/bluefire-main/bluefire/radar-ranges-of-the-mojave/lockheed-martin-helendale-rcs-facility/

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1871

FlyingPhotog wrote:
For Jeff... Best I got is a taxiing shot.

Thank you Jay. You'll just have to go back and get the 40 with a one-on-one Beckman A2A photo session

futurshox

Thank you Steve. Today I learn!

I definitely saw another oval track. Don't know if I saw the Lockheed place.

stevezzzz

That's Edwards AFB with its dry lakebed runways and, yes, the Honda test track.

futurshox

Cool! Thanks

ELinder
Total Posts: 485

Jay, I like the image you were asking for feedback on. It looks like the first a/c is actually the photo ship attempting to do a 1930s air-air photo flight. The only thing that slightly confuses me is the blueish light coming from the top right and seen on the a/c. Was there a break in the overcast letting in blue skies?

Steve, I like the tilted image too.

Erich

Razor17
Total Posts: 316

FlyingPhotog wrote:
This Laird could become an obsession...

Jay, really nice light off the prop in #2...

Lynn

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2090

I second what Lynn says and that is absolutely one beautiful flying machine. Now, I have to go back and stare at the second Laird shot some more.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3880

stevez wrote:
That's Edwards AFB with its dry lakebed runways and, yes, the Honda test track.

And not a tree in sight

ELinder

The Coast Guard did a rescue demo with a basket pickup during the show. The winds here were 14G25, and yet they were absolutely rock steady during the hover. I could barely see any lateral movement in the frame even with the telephoto lens. These guys are good!

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3562

futurshox wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
I still have to find the time to start using LR tried it a couple of time but don't get it...

I can run you through it in October if you like.

Ar, here we are at top again... My name ain't Zim, but that doesn't stop me shooting through airliner windows....
These were somewhere between Portland and San Diego.

Sounds like a plan i have LR on my Laptop

stevezzzz

ELinder wrote:
The Coast Guard did a rescue demo with a basket pickup during the show. The winds here were 14G25, and yet they were absolutely rock steady during the hover. I could barely see any lateral movement in the frame even with the telephoto lens. These guys are good!

Erich

Yes, they're really, really good; but I also wonder if they get GPS/autopilot help in the hover?

stevezzzz

Jon Melby and Super Dave Mathieson over Madras.

ELinder

stevez wrote:
ELinder wrote:

Erich

Yes, they're really, really good; but I also wonder if they get GPS/autopilot help in the hover?

Good point. It looks like the autopilot does indeed hover, but can't find if it's coupled to the GPS. However, even when he was slowly translating to/from the pickups he was extremely stable, and that was a pilot flying. Either way, you don't get to do that job without being an extremely good stick.

Erich

FlyingPhotog

"Catamount"

FlyingPhotog

Partial Obscuration
The view west of Madras from Zim's right seat...

ELinder

Darn it, they looked full on the camera display.

Erich

1       2       3              4290      
       4292              4309       4310       end